MVS-U4 29" - Control Panel Questions - I need lots of help actually.

Mulletron

Kabuki Klasher
Ok, I just got my very own MVS-U4 29" for 100$, yes, I know, a STEAL. Anyway...

I love the control panel, However, its old, Crotchety, and has definately seen way better days.

I'm probably going to replace it with New Buttons, New Sticks, and Re-wire it (I'm probably just going to use HAPP parts because no one around plays on Japanese Sticks)

Question 1: Would anyone want to buy The control Panel Together as a package? CP including Buttons and Joysticks? Is there a market for this?

Question 2: Lets say, I replace the sticks with Crum-Bum Americans, get its use out of it, and when I want to re-sell it, replace the parts back to its Japanese Glory. Where can I find EXACT replacement parts?

Question 3: Lets say I wanted to take out the CP, and put in a temporary 6 Button CP for my CPS3, Can I buy some sort of CP template, or am I making my own?

Question 4: My Coin Slot doesn't fit american money. I took out the plate on the bottom that switches between thicknesses, but Quarters still have trouble going through, am I stuck with HAVING to Jig-Saw it a bit?

Question 5: When the coin falls through and hits the switch-wire, it gets stuck. The currency is too large to roll in the designated direction. Do i need to bend/modify the switch? The chamber? Theres very little room to wortk with it down there... =(

Question 6: I got this for a HELL of a steal at 100$, what are they usually worth? (Cabinet only).

---------------------

If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated. I have a lot of questions I may not have explained well, feel free to just post and I will try to explain more.

I will also post pictures of the beauty later.

Thanks guys!

Mulletron.

Last edited:

Mulletron

Kabuki Klasher
Quick Picture Bump
------------------------

joatam003.jpg

joatam004.jpg

joatam005.jpg

joatam006.jpg

------------------------

Thanks again guys!

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Mulletron said:
Ok, I just got my very own MVS-U4 29" for 100$, yes, I know, a STEAL. Anyway...

I love the control panel, However, its old, Crotchety, and has definately seen way better days.

I'm probably going to replace it with New Buttons, New Sticks, and Re-wire it (I'm probably just going to use HAPP parts because no one around plays on Japanese Sticks)

Question 1: Would anyone want to buy The control Panel Together as a package? CP including Buttons and Joysticks? Is there a market for this?

Question 2: Lets say, I replace the sticks with Crum-Bum Americans, get its use out of it, and when I want to re-sell it, replace the parts back to its Japanese Glory. Where can I find EXACT replacement parts?

Question 3: Lets say I wanted to take out the CP, and put in a temporary 6 Button CP for my CPS3, Can I buy some sort of CP template, or am I making my own?

Question 4: My Coin Slot doesn't fit american money. I took out the plate on the bottom that switches between thicknesses, but Quarters still have trouble going through, am I stuck with HAVING to Jig-Saw it a bit?

Question 5: When the coin falls through and hits the switch-wire, it gets stuck. The currency is too large to roll in the designated direction. Do i need to bend/modify the switch? The chamber? Theres very little room to wortk with it down there... =(

Question 6: I got this for a HELL of a steal at 100$, what are they usually worth? (Cabinet only).

---------------------

If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated. I have a lot of questions I may not have explained well, feel free to just post and I will try to explain more.

I will also post pictures of the beauty later.

Thanks guys!

Mulletron.

I can only answer question #2.
http://akihabarashop.com/index.html
http://www.himuragames.com/home.php

I'm pretty sure these cabs use Seimitsu Sticks and Buttons. Personally I would refurbish the control panel, and leave it dedicated.

If or when you decide to take the panel apart...How much do you want for the spare Joysticks?

Yes...$100 is a good price for the cab.

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
I have the 25" version of that cabinet and must say you got an excellent deal. I've had it for over 5 years and it's still going strong (will need a cap kit soon...).

Question 1 - I wouldn't want the whole thing, but I'd happily snatch the CPO off from you. Pm a price and we'll discuss.

Question 2 - I've personally dealt with http://www.excellentcom.net, and can vouch for their great service. My cab(and good chance yours too) came with Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa snap in buttons.

You can also check the shmups forums for a "Seimitsu group order" to get parts.

Now, getting the control panel overlay in new condition is another story. If you can find one of those, then pls share your source, as I've been looking since I got my candy. ;)

Question 3 - ??

Question 4 and 5 - I use Tilt tokens as I've never bothered to mess with the coin mechanism, so can't help you there.

Question 6 - I would say $300 to $500 depending on condition(without the 4 slot). How's the monitor on yours? That to me is the most important thing when determining condition on a cab...

Mulletron

Kabuki Klasher
Oh, the monitor is fantastic, It was replaced right before I got it.

Thanks for the info, I thought my thread was to die.

I will have new pictures of it very soon, I've done a lot of work on it.

*HINT HINT* Will be for sale soon *HINT HINT*

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
There are several places on the net that will do custom CP overlays not sure how much one would run you though. The good thing about your cab is that you CP is very easy removable and replaceable. I know becasue I have the same type cab. and I have made a new control for my cab and for someone else here on the boards. And when you make your own you don't have to destroy the original. :)