Commodore 1084 power problems

daybona

Juz,
When I press the monitor power button, the red light comes on but as soon as I release it, the monitor powers off with red light slowly fading out.

Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
First guess is the power button is fubar.

Might want to check the switch and see if its at fault.

daybona

Juz,
I've cracked the case open, but I've yet to get clear access to the power switch.

There seems to be a spring holding the two parts of the case together. I've already removed one, but there is another I cannot find.

Any ideas how to get it apart?

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
Im not sure mate, but the previous owner of my 1084 monitor had to rig the power switch to on because the switch itself was flakey. Now everytime you turn it on at the mains, the screen comes on. So i think that it is a common problem, but luckily it looks like it is easily fixed (so long as you can open the damn case!)

daybona

Juz,
Just bought another 1084 monitor to replace the one with the funny power button but now it doesn't work!

I tested it at the place to make sure it worked and sure enough it did, I took it home, fired it up and it worked but then walked away for a minute and when I come back the screen is dead and won't power up at all!

Somebody, help me fix these things!

daybona

Juz,
I ordered the replacement power buttons but I'm having trouble getting to the power switch to replace it, someone help me open this thing!