ANY SNK TITLES COMING TO 360?

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
Hey guys, well the title pretty much says it all.

So does anyone know of any SNK games coming to the Xbox 360 and if so, what titles? and when are they being released?

Thanks in Advance

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
NGBC was meant to be coming out i think, i heard rumours anyhow. Know how difficult getting hold of some of the SNK titles was on the original Xbox was here in UK, now im in ireland it even harder.

Being a neo geo fan who sold his aes and collection of games im really looking forward to these titles coming out.

I miss my neo sob sob lol

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
J0e Musashi said:
Wasn't NGBC Live supposed to be coming out?
I thought Microsoft (as well as Sony) stated they wouldn't accept low-res 2D games on their latest console.

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
Stifu said:
I thought Microsoft (as well as Sony) stated they wouldn't accept low-res 2D games on their latest console.

That's a Sony thing.

I seriously doubt Microsoft would shun away a well known japanese developer like SNK because "Your game isn't the graphical l33t". Maybe once SNK finds out that they are updating the memory cards, thus updating the max space for memory on XBLA we will get some XBLA SNK games.

Yeah, I'd be looking forward to Metal Slug and KOF '98 & '02 :buttrock:

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
I actually think boycotting low-res 2D games is a good thing (as long as they're accepted in compilations)... That might force Playmore to finally update their character sprites, something that's long overdue.

Tyrant

n00b
I'd imagine that SNKPlaymore would be holding back on any planned releases if they base their decisions on Japanese console sales.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
We'll either get double packs for the PS2 up until the end of the year, or releases only on the Wii.

The PS3, X-Box, and X-Box 360 are not options for 2D ports.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Fygee said:
We'll either get double packs for the PS2 up until the end of the year, or releases only on the Wii.

Ditto that.

Alex Neuco

Quiz Detective
I thought only Maximum Impact 2 (KOF 2006 in the U.S.) was coming to the 360, and even then that wouldn't be until sometime next year. I didn't read or hear anything about any 2D releases for the 360, from anybody, let alone SNK. I would think Microsoft would want 2D games for Xbox Live Arcade, but not as stand alone discs. It would be a nice surprise though.

If you're still looking forward to future SNK releases in the U.S., make plans to get yourself a Wii. It seems they'll be getting the most support from SNK this time around, and hopefully online play will be free. :cool:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
I actually think boycotting low-res 2D games is a good thing (as long as they're accepted in compilations)... That might force Playmore to finally update their character sprites, something that's long overdue.

Um, yeah. Did you happen to check out KOF Re-Bout? Capcom & sammy they aint.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
update their sprites into what? Prettier 2D ? lol and they do have something "updated" and its maximum impact, at this point that's all xbox 360, ps2 and ps3 is going to accept. :crying:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Ignition Entertainment plan on publishing more SNK titles however their Sam Sho 5 was poorly received in europe.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Maybe some Atomiwave titles will make it, plus they can run in high def like the AW offers.

But nobody knows really :shrugs:

FMonk

n00b
Sorwah said:
That's a Sony thing.

I seriously doubt Microsoft would shun away a well known japanese developer like SNK because "Your game isn't the graphical l33t". Maybe once SNK finds out that they are updating the memory cards, thus updating the max space for memory on XBLA we will get some XBLA SNK games.

Yeah, I'd be looking forward to Metal Slug and KOF '98 & '02 :buttrock:

Ha... Yeah, MS needs as much support in Japan as they can get, so I highly doubt they would actively turn away SNK like Sony has :kekeke:

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
ORPHEUS said:
That doesn't mean anything. Also, Re-Bout wasn't even an arcade game...
Just because they "screwed up" once doesn't mean they shouldn't try harder.

And on a side note, Capcom isn't exactly a reference when it comes to high-res 2D.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Fygee said:
:spock:

MS3,4,5, KoF2k2,2k3, SvC and SSV are all on the X-Box.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I meant future ports. I'm well aware of the ones that are currently released. ;)

The X-Box is a dead console. They'd do just as well to port games to the Dreamcast. TRIEU on snk-capcom.com also confirmed that no further X-Box ports will be made.

Wii is where it will be. Until then, if we're REALLY lucky, we might see a KOF XI/NGBC double pack release on the PS2.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Actually, Re-Bout was interesting... it's the only game I can think of where the entire thing was upgraded (graphics, sprites, sound, etc) with the intent to preserve the original gameplay as faithfully as possible. It is kind of amazing that you can take combos that worked on Neo Geo '94 and pull them on Re-Bout with completely redrawn sprites. The port wasn't perfect, of course, but for all the credit you can give Capcom and Sammy for working with more advanced graphics, I don't think either of them have ever attempted something like this.

Picture SF2 with all of the characters redrawn to Guilty Gear resolution, for instance. It's interesting stuff, but the big downside to an upgraded port is that you must keep the original framerate in order to have the same gameplay as before. That being the case, Re-Bout looks a lot choppier than '94 did because the higher resolution isn't as forgiving to the original framerate. SF2 would have the same problem if it was upgraded in this fashion. Either that, or double the framerate, and all of the combos change and the purists scream bloody murder.

Bottom line, at least SNKP TRIED this. Capcom hasn't really tried anything new since the first SF3, and Sammy's Guilty Gear releases seem to be awfully similar to each other (though to Sammy's credit, they did make Fist of the North Star which is the first brand spanking new fighter anyone's made in years).