Strikers 1945 Boot (56k heavy)

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Just scored this off ebay, for a super good price, and I think I know why....

Game plays fine but weighs a ton. I opened it up and found an ample supply of stacked and soldered EEPROM chips. Whats the verdict?

177212260_f21f5b4d1a.jpg

177212206_2673a42d09.jpg

177212170_77aae3ccfc.jpg

177212100_ba3a5c0250.jpg

177212043_06f5ac4931.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Kind of hard to say because I had a Super Dodgeball that had some windowed eproms but everyone said it was legit, none were stacked though.

It's so hard to tell sometimes with boots.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wait. I see wires in the pics. I do believe its a boot. That is defenitly not a fix.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
There is absolutely no chance whatsover that game is legit or a fix.

Look at the Custom IC on board #1. Its quite clear it was hand soldered on to the board... the person that soldered it sucks too cuz he scourched the board.....

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Yeah the artset is nice and original, even with an SNK holo on it. I think I should be able to keep it for my troubles huh :)

Would it be possible for you to describe how the glued on chip (is it an ls74?) is connected to the rest of the eproms?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Wow dub, I would have never went for an auction that says NEW and 100% original cart, when you can tell the label is clearly a fake from the included picture. That never bodes well.

Well, at least the artwork is real. You should send the cart back to him with some "bootleg" artwork and see how he likes them apples. :kekeke:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Well, at least the artwork is real. You should send the cart back to him with some "bootleg" artwork and see how he likes them apples. :kekeke:

Make it Jumbo Crayon on cardstock! That would be awesome!

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Wow dub, I would have never went for an auction that says NEW and 100% original cart, when you can tell the label is clearly a fake from the included picture. That never bodes well.

:buttrock: what an awesome idea! haha

I was a little skeptical about the label, but you know some arcade ops put fake labels over japanese ones. When I won it for so cheap I was a little worried, thats why I didn't do the usual "Look what i got on ebay" brag.

I sent the seller probably the nastiest email I have ever sent someone and he hasn't replied yet so for now, WATCH OUT for ebay seller: "wholesale-auction" - he has tons of MVS carts up all the time.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
BOOOOOOTTT

ki_atsushi said:
Wow dub,

You should send the cart back to him with some "bootleg" artwork and see how he likes them apples. :kekeke:

:lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :buttrock:

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
Well dub....all I can say is you have better luck then I do...at least you get an artset...I paid $69 for a 100% Original" and got a sweet acrylic cart with eproms visible right through the side, on a yellow pcb not even SNK, and what did the label say...copyright SNK 2004.....game was made in '99....and not only did it not have the SNK logo on it.....it had the MEGA Enterprises logo. Thats what I get for not paying close enough attention when getting excited about seeing a low price.....it happens to the best of us....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
I sent the seller probably the nastiest email I have ever sent someone and he hasn't replied yet so for now, WATCH OUT for ebay seller: "wholesale-auction" - he has tons of MVS carts up all the time.

wholesale auction never fuckin responds. I won some stuff off him and it arrived in totally different condition from what the auction said. I emailed him twice already.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
ulasamosa said:
Well dub....all I can say is you have better luck then I do...at least you get an artset...I paid $69 for a 100% Original" and got a sweet acrylic cart with eproms visible right through the side, on a yellow pcb not even SNK, and what did the label say...copyright SNK 2004.....game was made in '99....and not only did it not have the SNK logo on it.....it had the MEGA Enterprises logo. Thats what I get for not paying close enough attention when getting excited about seeing a low price.....it happens to the best of us....

Dude, someone wants to buy that in the wanted section I believe. They're looking for the yellow PCB version, sell it now if I were you.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Do a paypal chrageback on him and if he complains, show him this thread. He sold you a boot when the auction clearly stated it was an original game. You are entitled to your money back.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
:)

Paypal dispute below:

I purchased a Neo Geo Strikers 1945 cart from wholesale-auction on Jun 14 2006. The item was described in the auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6288883267) as the following:

USA ENGLISH VERSION !
This is a 100% original MVS cartridge

The artwork was legitimate as described, but the cartridge is 100% bootleg. Upon receiving the cart I noticed it was abnormally heavy. I know these sort of details because I collect Neo Geo carts and have quite a few.

Upon opening the cartridge for inspection, I found numerous bootleg EEPROM chips, as well as horrible soldering job that left burn marks on the board. Photos of the bootleg board can be supplied at request.

I contacted the seller and he offered a refund, however he wanted the cart returned first. I don't really trust this individual since he sold me a bootleg cart in the first place. I can just imagine what will happen if I ship it back first.

Before a refund I would like to obtain what I paid for, A REAL cartridge. If replacement is not available, then I would like a refund in advance before sending the bootleg cartridge back.

If the seller is not cooperative with my requests, I will have no choice but to turn him into the proper authorities for selling counterfit goods.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Can someone please give some replies to Clear Paper - if he wants that board set, there's most likely something interesting happening!