As much as I give Playmore shit, I must give them credit when it is due...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
...and last night, after playing KoFXI, hot damn is a lot due.
I enjoyed that game more than I have any other KoF since '98.
It just feels ridiculously good, BGs and music are excellent, the cast is great, and now I'm burning to get my slim PS2 modded to play imports.
There just seems to be a ton of crazy shit possible with the new engine tweaks and the speed is just perfect.

Between this and SST, hats off. You guys are finally starting to live up to the legacy. If only you could get your endless delays fixed and some more US releases, all would really be well. It makes no sense that we've gotten every other KoF here up to this point, yet there is no release in sight for the best KoF chapter since Lewinskygate...same for SST.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
i'm with you on this one as well

Having just played the arcade version twice, from my experience this is the best KoF to come in a long time. Now, I can finally enjoy the game in the comfort of my own home.

Just picked up the PStwo import today. I'm having a total blast myself. Everything just feels right. Especially the presentation. I'm a sucker for stylish menus, rocking music(K' Prime's team music is my fave so far) and awesome backgrounds. The new hardware really shows this off. Transfered over very well on the PStwo.

I can't really think of anything I don't like about this game. Everything just seems so polished. The graphics and animation are one thing but the gameplay is where it really shines. The gameplay feels so tight like the old days with the addition of new elements. You can't go wrong with this one. After so many Playmore games that failed to impress me, this one totally takes the cake. Hats off to you guys! Hope you can follow up with another awesome one in the next installment.

Btw, i'm with the bunch that thinks Magaki is one cheap bastard. They should have given him two forms where you fight him for two rounds. The first round should be his human form(white outfit) and the second with his weird freakish look.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
This game is sick, I love it. Now trying to get all the challenges done so I can play with the Kazuya characters. I still haven't a clue how to do the dream cancels, let alone the super cancels.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Ugh.
Does anyone know if this is at CTF.
I have got to play this shit.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Loopz said:

Totally agreed man, that's what I've been saying all along, it's by far the most fun I've had with a KoF since '98.

Still waiting for my copy to get here, instead I went to the arcade today and had a 21-game streak with King-Shen-Tizoc :lolz: would've kept going too had it not been my turn to play in the 3rd Strike tournament that was going on at the time, heh.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
ORPHEUS said:
Ugh.
Does anyone know if this is at CTF.
I have got to play this shit.

Sadly no KoF11 at CTF. I wish they'd get rid of Rumble Fish 2, NOBODY PLAYS IT! Ever time I go there I'm one of the only people that play NGBC and the same goes for VF4.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
It just feels ridiculously good, BGs and music are excellent, the cast is great, and now I'm burning to get my slim PS2 modded to play imports.
There just seems to be a ton of crazy shit possible with the new engine tweaks and the speed is just perfect.

Between this and SST, hats off. You guys are finally starting to live up to the legacy. If only you could get your endless delays fixed and some more US releases, all would really be well. It makes no sense that we've gotten every other KoF here up to this point, yet there is no release in sight for the best KoF chapter since Lewinskygate...same for SST.

what they need to do is get NBC, SST and KOFXI on fucking xbox live!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
lol... news forum finally got a decent thread... after a 300-post thread by clueless people on how the game sucked. :p

The new super cancels and dream cancels are ok, but the reason XI owns where 2003 was so-so is the quick-shift system. In all fighting games up until now, most combos have an ender, a move that can be followed up by nothing except watching the opponent's body float through the air and hit the ground. Yawn. Now, you don't have to end the combo until you run out of skill stocks. Either tag someone in just before the body is launched like during a ranbu, or after the body is in the air for a juggle. There are thousands of great combos that were never possible before with that system... it's what the qcf+BC in 2003 should have been, but didn't quite accomplish.

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
kof xl

I got my kof 11 yesterday and I must say its better than i had expected to be, all the moves are easy to pull, grafiks are ok, musik is overall fine and finally plenty of charas to choose from.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Benimaru can connect close C with forward-B again :buttrock:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I will agree this game kicks ass but I knew that back when it came out on AW. I read that old "KoF XI sucks" thread for all of 4 pages, made my comment that I would wait until my AW showed up, and stepped out of the ego battle. Now alot of people who made early assumptions from minimal play time get to actually sit down with a polished version and eat that humble pie.

Also off topic neojedi: you're in NC. I know ive asked this before but WHERE. I can't seem to find decent Neo gamers ANYWHERE around me.

O.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
Oswald is BEAST!!!

...also have to agree here! what a blast to play. geese howard was polished in this version. looked like an enhanced kof96 version of himself. that pride looking gihter gai, oohhh man i may have a new fave. how to connect with a combo with just the button directionals was executed pretty well. same goes with that fighter momoko, they sure fused some good combo possibilities with her with that capoeira skill. i dont get that guy silber, feels like playing that kkg guy from MOTW but maybe i need to spend more time with him.

...and then there is oswald, man what a beast this guy is! a lil rip off gambit from MvsC but welcome nonetheless. slick moveset, supers that make sense to combo. uber-great character desig, tall, lanky, arsenal of combo setups, long reach for pokes, man what a character oswald is...

verdict been and gone... kof xi :buttrock:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
O. Yashiro said:
Also off topic neojedi: you're in NC. I know ive asked this before but WHERE. I can't seem to find decent Neo gamers ANYWHERE around me.
Durham... it's right underneath my avatar! :emb: I'll PM you local scene info in a minute.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I can definitely agree. To me this is the best KoF of the Playmore era. It doesn't feel all mugen like the last few offerings but a much different game. It's also incredibly deep, so I feel like I'll play it for a long time.

I've been using the Swap Magic to play this, but I have a feeling I'll play it so much that I should just get the system modded.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
KOF XI is a little to easy to combo though. Were KOF 97/98 was a little harder to combo, KOF XI is suprisingly easy. Jumping D into standing C is so easy that it's crazy. Plus most of the char. have easy chains they can use to make combo's even easier and more damaging.
This would be my only minor complaint about KOF XI.

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
So I'm I the only one that doesnt really cared for this game....
I heard a lot of good stuff about this game, and Saw a lot of videos, they all look great, and today when I finally got it, and power it up, it just didn't feel like KOF at all.
I mean yeah it's better than KOF2k3 and maybe 2k1 but other than that.....What?
the game to me feels more like a MOTW clone and that's probably why I hated the game, Next to KOF99 my second favorite game is MOTW then 2k and 2k2 runners up.
I guess I just got all hype for this game and when I finally play it, I was like Nah...
after 30min I had enought...
Where was the magic that NGBC had, NOW that was a Masterpiece right there..
Best AW game by far.
OH well I still have 99,2k, 2k2, 97 and 98 to keep me busy for a long time..

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
NeoGeo2k2 said:
So I'm I the only one that doesnt really cared for this game....
I heard a lot of good stuff about this game, and Saw a lot of videos, they all look great, and today when I finally got it, and power it up, it just didn't feel like KOF at all.
I mean yeah it's better than KOF2k3 and maybe 2k1 but other than that.....What?
the game to me feels more like a MOTW clone and that's probably why I hated the game, Next to KOF99 my second favorite game is MOTW then 2k and 2k2 runners up.

....wait. You say it's a clone of MOTW (which I don't agree with at all, but okay), and then say that MOTW is your second-favorite game. I'm not following why you hate it then.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
...i know its a long shot...but please, for the love of god...bring this KOF to 360 :drool:

mundocombo

New Challenger
Ummm, kof XI it's absolutely fantastic, but i begin to be a little scared because it seems it's so easy to connect long long combos, so you stand in front of the tv without doing nothing but watching you life die...
I need to go deeper this game before being so positive.
Let's play!!!

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
mundocombo said:
Ummm, kof XI it's absolutely fantastic, but i begin to be a little scared because it seems it's so easy to connect long long combos, so you stand in front of the tv without doing nothing but watching you life die...

saving shift.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
BBH said:
saving shift.

and damage scaling allow 100% no more

at least not so easy as vanessa's 2stocks kill in kof2k2

KOFXI is a great game..

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
Last edited: