What game is this?

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
I have a major problem - I don't know any Japanese. I have a couple of games from various platforms and have no idea what they are. Unlike with NGP games, I have not found a list for Famicom or PS2 games which makes the games identifiable by their unique number. I have found such a list only for HU cards. How are you dealing with the problem? I doubt it would look cool if I posted the pics of about thirty games here.. :)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Sine no one can take over your mind and look at the games telepathically, go ahead and post pictures.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I have no idea what you are talking about. So yes, please post some pics.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One-Up said:
I have a major problem - I don't know any Japanese.

Thats not the only one apparently.

One-Up said:
How are you dealing with the problem?

I post pics and give a description of the game I want help identifying.

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
Well, perhaps I should have phrased the topic-description better.... What I am looking for is a list of titles for various platforms. As I said, I doubt it would be a good idea to post the pictures of 30 games. But since I am considered idiotic without posting something and since you can't look into my head (wouldn't you rather have to look onto my table?), here are three games I cannot identify:
n64_1.jpg

famicom

Thank you very much indeed.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The first is obviously a gundam 64 game, Super Robot Taisen 64.

The second I dont know.

The third is Super Three Kingdoms II.

mmelzer2004

Tarma's Gun Polisher
famicom2.jpg

famicom3.jpg

neo-geo1.jpg

All I can tell just looking at them.

EDIT: You melded all your pictures together... it would be much easier to tell you what they are if they are all separate images...

In this post... the first one is Art of Fighting... the fifth is Rockman & Forte... and the second-to-last one is Samurai Spirits RPG.

And, if for some reason you missed it... Rockman & Forte has the text scrolling in the background...

Last edited:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
The boxer one is *god forbid* legend of success joe, or a game in that series (It is based off an anime is it not)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Dude, how dare you post Neo geo stuff and not know what they are? You're on Ng.com dude. Not a good start.

I can't read japanese but I figured out what most of them are by using google and cross referencing publisher/manufacturers with the system they are for, please practice this as well.

The last one is ADK World because on the NGCD there is only 1 game with ADK in the actual title, see what I mean?

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
Well, if you happen to stumble upon a case of about 300 games and you have to sort them all and find out what they all are (not to mention check the contents and condition), you would probably start to get a bit restless/annoyed/careless/younameit. It is simply too much and no, I don't know ALL the NeoGeo/SNK games. I DID find out MOST of them by other means than posting here.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One-Up said:
Well, if you happen to stumble upon a case of about 300 games and you have to sort them all and find out what they all are (not to mention check the contents and condition), you would probably start to get a bit restless/annoyed/careless/younameit. It is simply too much and no, I don't know ALL the NeoGeo/SNK games. I DID find out MOST of them by other means than posting here.

I bought a box of games that had 100+ super fami games, 20+ PC engine games and about 40+ of famicom and about 10 of NGCD, all were in japanese but I found out what they all were by searching google and it only took be about 3 days, not straight though. Maybe spent total of 8 hours.

Some sites are good because they got pics of the boxes/carts and sometimes they post the whole set.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
aof
dunno
legend of sucess joe
dunno
rockman & forte
dunno
dunno but gotta be power rangers/sentai etc
honey (haney?) in the sky
dunno (its pretty commmon tho, been in numerous game)
kunio soccer (nintendo world cup in the west)
Shubibinman 3
Samurai Spirits rpg
ADK Special

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Super Robot Taisen 64
Otogirisou
Super Sangokushi II
Ryuuko no Ken (aka Art of Fighting)
Super Shougi
Ashita no Joe
Super Kyousouba: Kaze no Sylphide
Rockman & Forte
Jangou World Cup
Shinsedai Robot Senki Brave Saga (the "Brave Charge Box" limited edition)
Hanii in the Sky
Honoo no toukyuuji: Dodge Danbei
Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball-bu: CD Soccer-hen
Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman 3: Ikai no Princess
Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidou Retsuden
ADK World

A little info on "Ashita no Joe," the boxing manga that inspired the anime series and a string of games (including the NEO-GEO's Ashita no Joe Densetsu). And a little info on the various Sunrise / Takara "Yuusha Robot" (aka, "Brave Robot") anime series (on which the PlayStation games Brave Saga and Brave Saga 2 are based).

--Chris

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
One-Up said:
Well, if you happen to stumble upon a case of about 300 games

send me the box, I'll sort them for you :lolz: