SNKPlaymore give up Atomiswave

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
wonder if they'll continue making 2D games - and for what hardware?
SNKP isn't worth two shits anymore in my book so it's not like it's a big deal.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Can anybody translate it, I read some of it on google's translator....

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:

In an interview, Falcoon had said they'll continue making 2-D games, even if they are the only developer out there doing it.

This marks the death of the Atomiswave. I really dont' see anything new that is worthwhile comming out for this system.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:

heh

who cares what hardware? , I mean, who cares if 2D dies a shitty death

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
kernow said:
heh

who cares what hardware? , I mean, who cares if 2D dies a shitty death
2D can't die. It just can't! :crying:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Did they say what's next as far as hardware?

2D isn't going to die yet, and if it is to die, it probably won't die completely, meaning 1 or 2 games a year from different developers maybe.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
jeff bogard said:
Can anybody translate it, I read some of it on google's translator....

i didn't translate that myself,so don't think i can speak japanese or something

-

they do want to make new 2d fighters

they do not want to let the samurai spirits series die,
but a new sequel could be in 2d or even 3d

they mention a sequel to motw and a new NGBC

they say they listen to what the fans say / ask but can't make everyone happy

limited budgets are the main problem

they are making svc card ds

different approaches to different markets ( he's talking about the next gen systems - wii,360,psx 3 )

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
meh oh well. Die Atomiswave Die

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Just bought an AW to consolize, I actually want to play a few games for a change on a different system.

Hopefully the prices will come down, I really fancy that 'Ranger Mission' that looks like a great party game :chimp:

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
I think this is kinda a good thing. I mean, its not like a whole bunch of stellar games were in the works anyway. At the very least it means in the coming months thousands of atmoiswave systems should be hitting the secondary markets as japanese arcades start liquidating their stock.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
MOTW 2?? I hope you not messing with out heads.
Can we get a total traslation of the page?

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
at first i was like "oh great" on second thought it WILL go down in price. Then i can pick a consolized! cheaper anyway

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Ok here is the best i could do enjoy..

* SNK play moa surely ま story compilation

* Something related to neo GeoCities online collection

FFL entire patsy
瑞 shoal Ryo With the neo GeoCitiesonline collection, KOF ' 98, has KOF2002 been planned the sale with the single item? Or is sale in the pack planned? In addition as for recording contents, neo GeoCities edition and consumer edition and 2 versions it probably is to be the schedule which is prepared?

Powdered tea ユサ Of course planning the single item, because now the sushi, it plans with the single item, to that we would like to make suitable contents, you think that is. Simply, if normal neo GeoCities edition and DC edition and the っ て you happen to think, don't you think?. Original edition joins to that, in addition + α joins separately and/or with would like to do with the feeling which is said, you think that is.

FFL painter あ In addition so, don't you think? it is to be possible be able to expect considerable volume rise?
After all because it is title of former times, you think a little unless volume is acquired, it is not good, that is. The ほ and others, there is no number there is no, is or, because it is one. Thereforeit seems like THE KING OFFIGHTERS '94 RE-BOUT, or we would like to acquire volume more, you think that is.

Is neo GeoCities online collection THE KING OF FIGHTERS - the ネスツ compilation- concerning, but as for the boss character neo GeoCities edition mode and DC (the dream cast) edition mode, it probably is to be able to use with all modes such as CPU game and opposition?

Neo GeoCities doctor The doctor this boss character that we would like to try to be able to use with neo GeoCities edition mode and dream cast edition mode all mode, you speak with the method of developing. Still, whether or not it can actualize that, is not clear, but somehow, that we would like to try it is possible, don't you think? is.

In the movie at the time of software starting of the neo GeoCities online collection, the gamepicturesuch as ワールドヒーローズ, ニンジャマスターズ and the winds super tag battle appears, but it probably is to be the schedule where also those series are transplanted?

Feeling fully is!Of course, ' ワールドヒーローズ ' not only, we would like to put out grapple title entirely, when is. Whether or not that is possible, it depends on the advance condition of demand forecasting and future job. Thinking, that so we would like to put out privately entirely, it increases.

* New work conception
You asked samuraispirits that public onesword customer transmission is designated as the 2D last work, but is there a possibility in the future new samurai spirits coming out with 3D?

Always, there is the possibility. Clearly, being how not to be able to say, however it does, cannot be, that the brand itself ends, is.
Title of アトミスウェイブ finishing appearing entirely, because pause it has been attached, it does not change also the manner of development it has become necessary from now on. In the sense end, with changing probably will do, you point to the expression which is said.

... Because you do not know, whether the market permits, being not to be able to say at all, however it does, always we would like to make with thinking, now the sushi and preparation have done the new work.

Being to become verification, it does, but do the samurai spirits of 2 D being not to be do the schedule which is already put out?

After all,when we would like to make what unless we would like to make is not, the fan being kana to want does what. We being oneself satisfactory, being the place where it made, when the fan does not do, because there is no meaning, depending upon you can move aside some voice, it is the け り and, inquiring about that, the variety you must think, you think that is.
If so, demand is strong, when it can be?

But, saying, that it is strong, being not to be recognized, it does, don't you think?. The voice っ て which is heard at the various places, being everyone basically to be different, it does. The fact that first it is not because, with, the everyone means the same thing, when among those what is done, being not to be it does the clear image most probably.
Don't you think? the opinion oven of user side those which have not stopped.
Everyone opinion is infinite variety and, being not to be possible, to fill up that entirely, don't you think? it is perplexed.
Don't you think? the work and the like which makes all 2 D grapple game fans agree upon, you do not happen to think at all.
Being to like to know greatest common divisor, it does, but being there is no the expedient it does, don't you think?.
Is there the schedule whichissues the continuation of the neo GeoCities battle colloseum? As in the masterpiece which last year release is done one after another become a little tend to hide, it is the title which is visible, but it seems that the user where as for contents the person who appraises that it is very good, is many, expects the continuation is many.
Presently the net the one which opposes, "it is funnier enormously with MMBB. When "" here like this is adjusted, it becomes a better game. "Such opinion is recognized is enormous.
Of course, when there is demand, being to be proper, it does, that it becomes the feeling that we would like to answer everything, but it becomes judgement of the company whether in some order it can designate that as some wind. There was also a may aspect and, it is possible to do 2 with that, whether or not is, as for, whether argument becomes necessary, with you think, die.
It is the difficult place, don't you think?.
It meaning that the story of 餓wolf MARK OF THE WOLVES is not completed, however it does, is there a possibility the continuation being issued?
Decisively, whether or not ' MARK OF THE WOLVES ' 2 comes out, as for being not to be able to say, however it does, simply you must keep drawing the continuation of the story which is not completed, you feel that. We would like to provide the opportunity which keeps doing the kind revealing of that story somewhere when is. If as for that ' MARK OF THE WOLVES ' 2 is not and also the て, keeps hauling with the southern town connection, because it can express even with the other game, you devise also the technique classified by such.
Being presently to be in the midst of favorable comment transmitting, to be the contentsof portable application of the SNKplay moa, it does, but is the fact that in the future it is transplanted in the general game machine probably certain?
Because the application of romantic love simulation well enough is popularity, when we assume that you do, you think as the kana which is not to be a place where that is closest.
As for this question being to be something from the overseas reader, however it does, as for the foreign country it seems that cannot do the Japanese portable application and, because there is an environment where either errand cannot play carrying other than Ezweb and the like, if it becomes the environment which everyone can play with, everyone it seems that eagerly desires.
Now we doing with FOMA, being to make transplantation, it can be less crowded and though, time of verification taking long, EZweb how many there is a problematical point that, transplantation speed does not rise easily, FOMA becomes by any means first. Very you do not attach to expectation and the て, there is no excuse you think that is.
In the past, the adventure game ' ATHENA which is sold withPS' is the continuation probably not to come out? You think that also setting and atmosphere etc. of the time before are good, and, the recent play moa has challenged to also various genres not only grapple, being to like to see, to be, when we want making by all means, you receive demand.
Because as for such, you think, that it is something which after all is suited for portable application in the future you intend probably to keep picking up. Athena's before this rearing gamebeing to put out "ATHENAON STAGE ", however it does, following to that, in addition in July the "Athena full throttle" it is transmission schedule. The latest title the first ' Athena ' is the action game which is made motif.
After all, because the character "of the KOF" time before Sawayama it is, what would like to keep doing also the fact that light is allowed to shine to that debut work, such free can make is the portable game and, as for the current terminal there is also Capa who can transplant the game of former times in existing form. With that direction as for the possibility the variety of keeping doing you think that it is.
In the arcade of these days, it seems that the game which produces the woman character extensively increases, but the grapple game ovenonly is of the womancharacter likeSNK ギャルズファイターズ from the SNK play moa is a possibility in the future of coming out?
Being there is no ginger which we would like to do it does, don't you think? (laughing). When we assume that you do, causing in 3 D, because you think, that it is necessary to do to seem lovely, to トゥーン processing, unless applying time rather, kana.

* One question one answer system
Is sex of character"Kurogoutidreamland " of samurai spirits the man? It is the woman?
It is,this thinks when it is the man, the doctor. ... Now it is in the midst of verifying, (laughing).
It is question concerning the neo GeoCities battle colloseum. The mediation, crith was in オロチ, but is the boy who appears in the appearance scene which becomes mediation of ミズチ probably to be the clone of the crith? If something there is setting, hearing it makes be effective and can ask?

ノナ Is not the clone of the crith, is. That when you say whether ミズチ itself is what don't you think? is, being to be even officially, however it does, only the part that, as a setting for the present it is the weapon which was made in WAREZ, it is not, is.
So, don't you think? it is to be that that boy itself WAREZ made?
It is, so is. It means being the boy who was made as the weapon.
Is the slot game of the play moa probably that transmission with portable application and transplantation to the other consumer equipment are not? In addition the character of the slot game, is a possibility of participating to the KOF series of the grapple game, probably will be?
From the other daythe slot simulator applicationof KOF is transmitted with FOMA. With this it becomes 2 flat knots. Because in the future gradually the type of slot increases, making transplantation on portable application you intend probably to keep constantly.
In addition, examining also the simulator related to consumer, it is not decisive concretely, now the sushi, main development schedule of what, but you are always inserting in range of vision. Is that and in regard to the character, but it has been about that the character of our slots probably will make SNK play moa original ones to the last. Whether or not it becomes "KOF", it is not understood, but those come returning to the game, you think that it can be.
When the character of the slot participates to KOF, however funny so is.
When it is NBC and the like, whether it is possible to participating the っ て you think. When it is KOF, after all also binding the story it is if and, that character it puts out, old キ ャ ラ it puts out, with the voice which is said to be large being the っ ちゃ っ て to be.
Whetherthey are what ones tell the opportunity which holds KOF year-end party, you can ask, probably will be?
First, commemorating tenth anniversaries, one. Because the market has finished to mature, it was also we want the opportunity which something comes in contact in order to reflect such voice.As a SNK play moa, being also the motive to be, whether like of the time before probably will not be good resetting the contact pointof the fan, it began.
I participating, being to enjoyvery much, it does, but fan service was enormous, don't you think? is.
Because the current grapple game the person who is popular has been decided, doing not to look at the user, you look at where, it means it is being. Because the other person is does not do anymore, don't you think?. Therefore very,how it can keep cooperating with the people of the grapple game fan, you think that it becomes the deciding factor of future title development.
In the future,is therea possibility of doing the collaboration of カプコン?
Of course it is. This timethe SVC card FightersDS are produced and, you think as the fog wax in other things.
Being not to come out it does the grapple game?

Various, you do not know that it does not try consulting, is. Don't you think? at present time it is undecided.

It moves to Xbox360, PS3 and Wii of the next generation machine and when the time when it keeps comes, main it keeps producing which hard, we hearing, it may, probably will be?

That you do not look at ・ ・ ・ circumstances, you do not understand whether change of the market and, some hard may win, is. Naturally circumstance it differs even in the foreign country and the country and, the extent which game manufacturer っ て now can foresee ahead such, being not to be able to see the thing with the long span, it does. Because the market keeps changing directly, don't you think?.

... Question is above. For a long time, time cutting, thank you for.
As for this day, while being busy, according to interview, furthermore and valuable doing story, thank you truly!

All

Thank you.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I couldn't understand what the hell they were talking about, it didnt make sence.
MOTW2, hopefully we'll see it released.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
billd420 said:
This marks the death of the Atomiswave. I really dont' see anything new that is worthwhile comming out for this system.

Ruell said:
meh oh well. Die Atomiswave Die

Jesterzzn said:
I think this is kinda a good thing. I mean, its not like a whole bunch of stellar games were in the works anyway. At the very least it means in the coming months thousands of atmoiswave systems should be hitting the secondary markets as japanese arcades start liquidating their stock.

CarlosZ said:
at first i was like "oh great" on second thought it WILL go down in price. Then i can pick a consolized! cheaper anyway

You people do realise that Atomiswave isn't owned by SNKP right? I don't see how this will affect prices or availability at all.

Last edited:

freak

New Challenger
J0e Musashi said:
You people do realise that Atomiswave isn't owned by SNKP right? I don't see how this will affect prices or availability at all.

Sega-Sammy's already planned for Aurora to take over from the AW for low end arcade games.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
This isn't a surprise.. They probably quickly realised they could sell more units on the NeoGeo. If they had any sence they would go back to NeoGeo and release games for it and then release the same game on consoles/handheld via emulation (full emulation of AES verswion). That would really cut down on costs for actually making the games.

Raz

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
What exactly is that news about new Athena games? I was a fan of Psycho Soldier and Athena for the arcade.

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
J0e Musashi said:
Well, what other companies are still making games for it? None as far as I can tell. Considering its just a repackaged dreamcast, and sega has recently announced a new arcade board, why would you think it still has any life?

If nobody is making games for it, doesn't it follow that arcades will start phasing it out?

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Jesterzzn said:
Well, what other companies are still making games for it? None as far as I can tell. Considering its just a repackaged dreamcast, and sega has recently announced a new arcade board, why would you think it still has any life?

If nobody is making games for it, doesn't it follow that arcades will start phasing it out?

No.

Considering 3 of the top 10 arcade money-makers are on Atomiswave, no.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
freak said:
Sega-Sammy's already planned for Aurora to take over from the AW for low end arcade games.

Do you actually know this as fact? Dinosaur King is the only title that uses the hardware. The hardware is not JAMMA compatible, I fail to see how it can be the direct replacment for AW.