Xbox 360 Price Cut this Fall/Holiday

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
I saw this at GamePro.com. Would be cool if the Premium System goes down to $299.99! *I think this is the right forum!

Microsoft insider hints at substantial price drop for the Xbox 360 right around the launch of Sony's PlayStation 3.

"Microsoft would have the option of slashing the price of its console, just as rivals come out with their first consoles."
According to online site Britxbox, "A source close to Microsoft has revealed that the Xbox 360 hardware team are busy redesigning the chips supplied by ATI and IBM to cut costs and allow a price drop to coincide with the release of Sony's Playstation 3."

"If they hit their targets, Microsoft would be able to cut the costs of its console in the autumn of 2006" said the Microsoft source. "Microsoft would have the option of slashing the price of its console, just as rivals come out with their first consoles."

Currently the Xbox 360 is being sold for $299 and $399. The PlayStation 3 is expected to sell for $499 and $599 at its release on November 17.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
WoW a Premium 360 for only $300 bucks! Now if it drops about $250 more in price than perhaps I would actually want to buy one of these. LOL!

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Fakk2 said:
WoW a Premium 360 for only $300 bucks! Now if it drops about $250 more in price than perhaps I would actually want to buy one of these. LOL!

Co-sign.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
SnairDogg said:
$299 and $399

And this is the wrong forum. Belongs in Unrelated.:annoyed:

It was a cut and paste from GamePro. I did not write it. I was going to put it in Unrelated, but figured I would throw it here.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I don't know why they'd cut the price, when the PS 3 will be released at $600. Meh, fuck it, I hope they do reduce the price and Sony gets smacked around a little this generation.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
neogeofl said:
It was a cut and paste from GamePro. I did not write it. I was going to put it in Unrelated, but figured I would throw it here.
That figures, they are a bunch of retards.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
galfordo said:
... I hope they do reduce the price and Sony gets smacked around a little this generation.

I have my fingers crossed on that one.

El Cernex