No NGBC
No SSV
No SSTenka
No KOF03 (our KOF "collection" only had 02 :(
And i doubt metal slug 6
And NO KOF XI :crying:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Hell yah. I saw it available yesterday and dropped that cash to get express shipping. Should be here no later than Thursday.

O.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
mine was shipped form play-asia and on its way! looking forward to playing it. woot! :glee:

Alex Neuco

Quiz Detective
Just got the "shipped today" email from play-asia. It should be here by Saturday (got the cheapest shipping).

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
For some reason mine isn't shipping till the 22nd. Even though I preordered it some weeks ago. I think its cause I also pre-ordered that Strikers '45 1+2/ Gunbird collection as well. Oh well.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
soulthug said:
The UK is atrocious for SNK PS2/XB ports :(
All we're getting is Re-Bout :(
No FF collection,
No AOF collection,
No Orochi Saga
No KOF 2006
No NGBC
No SSV
No SSTenka
And i doubt metal slug 6

Damn, that sounds horrible........ :(

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I have my pre-order with NCSX, their page says all KoF XI pre-orders and shipping tomorrow so hopefully I'll have my copy this week. Also says that ther pre-orders come with a 'postcard booklet,' whatever that means.

I'll post impressions as soon as I get it.

EDIT: For those hoping for a US release of KoF XI, don't. The original Xbox is dead and Sony USA hates 2D. Wii probably isn't a possibility because of the controller. So the only possible system this could come out for in the USA is the 360, and considering how awful 360 sales are in Japan I just don't see that happening. :(

Last edited:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Phoenix Down said:
EDIT: For those hoping for a US release of KoF XI, don't. The original Xbox is dead and Sony USA hates 2D. Wii probably isn't a possibility because of the controller. So the only possible system this could come out for in the USA is the 360, and considering how awful 360 sales are in Japan I just don't see that happening. :(

While I'm not getting my hopes up, unless Nintendo gives SNK a strict "Has to "work" with Wii-mote policy, they can use it with the classic shell, not to mention, you're in luck if you have a GC compatible Stick or Pad (like the Hori Retro pad)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I look foward to hearing everybody's opinions on the game. I'm really looking foward to it, but I wanted to hear what everybody else thinks before I plunk the 65 clams down to get it. Just knowing they have Hotaru as a special PS2 only character makes me happy because I love using her in MOTW and in NGBC.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I'll have my copy by tomorrow; got it reserved and can't WAIT to see how the PS2 port turned out. :) There's a good chance I'll get to try it out tonight, too. Anyone know if there's a reservation bonus for this game? I think I'm maybe number 10 on the list at the local shop, so I doubt I'll get it this time if there is one.

Really though, the only thing there is to find about out are the load times. Are we going to get ultra short KOF 2003 load times, short SS Tenka load times, or long ass NGBC load times? Keep in mind that the arcade version has 8-10 second load times, but some rumors say the PS2 version has shorter load times. Seems hard to believe based on the AW-to-PS2 track record SNK has so far.

Other than that, I know KOF XI rocks hard from tons of play time spent on the arcade version. This is basically a no-brainer purchase. We're getting the original arcade version intact, plus a new version with 7 NGBC characters, character balancing options, new stages/music, and new play modes.

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
didnt have the time to play it yet, will post impressions.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Okay, I'm happy to report that:

The load times in KOF XI PS2 ARE SHORTER THAN THE ATOMISWAVE VERSION!! :D :D :D I counted about five seconds to load up the match, versus the arcade's 8-10 seconds. Good stuff. A single character match up took about 2 seconds to load.

I can't write about the game right now thoughl it's 1am and I need to get to sleep. The port is just awesome and packed with content though.

KOF XI is an amazingly polished and well-done port. It's a must-buy.

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
CarlosZ said:
i kid you not, ill shat my pants if its that bad :oh_no:

It's all BULLSHIT. Someone must have burned incorrectly or has a bad PS2 or something. :P

Again, KOF XI's load times are better than the arcade.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Oh, and messing around in practice mode, I'm hearing some character-specific BGMs that I don't recall hearing in the arcade (although the sound level was always a bit low there). At least with arranged music, I've heard Yuri's AOF2 theme, Duck King's FFS theme, B. Jenet's Garou MOTW theme, and Terry's FF3/RBFF theme. ROX ROX ROX :buttrock:

Athena has a brand new BGM with lyrics, as confirmed previously.

You can check out the NGBC characters right away in the challenge mode. Mission 15 is Hotaru, and mission 20 is Mai (who seems to be based on the KOF 2003 version, but has the redrawn sprites from NGBC), for example.

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Damn, I have to FORCE myself to turn the PS2 off and go to bed (work tomorrow!), but I'm starting to get the feeling that arranged music mode may offer individual character BGMs for all the characters who have come from other games, if not for every character.

EDIT: Okay nah, but there's a good number of them!

ray_7 said:
Hows the sprites?

If you mean the port quality, it's perfect. SNK once again included six levels of sprite filtering, too.

If you've never played KOF XI before, you still know what to expect. There's some new animations and touch ups here and there, but for the most part, these are the same sprites once again. Some characters, like Athena and Kensou have been redone though.

Last edited:

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
soulthug said:
The UK is atrocious for SNK PS2/XB ports :(
All we're getting is Re-Bout :(
No FF collection,
No AOF collection,
No Orochi Saga
No KOF 2006
No NGBC
No SSV
No SSTenka
And i doubt metal slug 6

Yea thats so true, we probably won't even get Re-Bout.. Ignition is the Uk distibuter and they are SHITE at getting any type of game out.

King of Fighters '03 for PS2 is out over here now though.. £9.99 at Game

We'll be getting SSV aswell, Metal Slug 6 is a maybe if its released in Japan it may make it here on PS2

I want NGB, NeoWave and KOF XI on Xbox with online play the most, that'd make my day :) if they were on PS2 I suppose it would be ok, but they come with no online play fore sure that way..

Sad times over here in the UK :(