neo 6 slot pcb with supergun?

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
I was wondering if anyone here ever tried a 6 slot pcb with a supergun. I have a MAK supergun lying around, any chance that'll work? I read 6 slots have kinda huge power requirements...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The psu will require at least 5 amps for the 5 volts, preferably higher. An arcade style psu would be ideal (its not as if compact size is an issue if your using a 6 slot !)

BTW welcome to the forum retro

retro

Crazed MVS Addict

Well i finally got to try the pcb with a supergun with 5amp on +5, and it didnt work :( Although im not sure the powersupply was insufficient or the board is just broken. It did show some colours and stuff on screen it just didnt boot on to the game. Ah well i decided just to get rid of the board anyway, i guess i'll go and look for a nice consolized 1 slot with component and rgb scart... :)

dj_johnnyg

n00b
Running my 6-slot through a home-made supergun setup.

Using a real arcade PSU, just needed to up the +5V a bit (also needed to do this for my Naomi)

Runs fine. Just need to clean all the slots to get it working right 1st time every time!!!

nagrom

New Challenger
I built a supergun for a guy, using a 250w PC power supply. And he later told me
that he bought a 6 slot and use the supergun with it. It runs fine.