Could a xbox controller PCB in my stick harm my supergun?

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
I bought this bad boy and switched out all the buttons/stick with sanwa parts and now I want to use it on my supergun too. I was wondering if I could cause harm to my arcade PCBs if I had both the xbox controller and a neo/supergun controller wired in it at the same time. Both systems (xbox and supergun) will never be running at the same time with the stick plugged in.

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I just converted that same stick with Sanwa parts :)

163349330_767c9c65c6.jpg

Here is a whole slideshow of the conversion: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dubdubdub/sets/72157594159233932/show/

Dunno about your supergun question though...You could try to fashion an adaptor using the XBox Pinout - It would be easier to do what I did and just wire it straight for Neo.

You could always take the cabling from the XBox hookup, and stick it on a molex connector or something similar. Then make a cable for the neo, and have that running through an identical (obviously wired differently) molex connector.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In theory,

It shouldn't have any harmfull effect as long as you don't run both at the same time or wire the +5 off the supergun to the Xbox Pad....

But Personally, I'd prefer to take an Original Style Xbox pad and slap a DB-15 on there....

That way you can hook up all sorts of other passive controllers to your xbox also.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
BoyProdigy said:
very nice, did you make the custom plate yourself?

Yeah hand cut out of 0.125" thick PVC. The whole top portion on your controller (with the stickers), if you peeled them back ever you will see there are about 7 more holes that aren't being showed. Also, under the "X-G" or whatever it is logo on the upper right, there is a SEGA logo showing its a straight up jacked plastic mold. I filled all that crap in with the bondo.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
dubdubdub said:
Yeah hand cut out of 0.125" thick PVC. The whole top portion on your controller (with the stickers), if you peeled them back ever you will see there are about 7 more holes that aren't being showed. Also, under the "X-G" or whatever it is logo on the upper right, there is a SEGA logo showing its a straight up jacked plastic mold. I filled all that crap in with the bondo.

What hand tool did you use to cut the metal plate?