Yahoo Japan Deal of the Week

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
Saw a thread for EBay deal of the week, so thought I would start one for YJ.

So far this week I have purchased the following AES for $137.50 USD on YJ.

The Last Blade
Samurai Spirits
Samurai Spirits 2
Art of Fighting 2
Fatal Fury Special
Kof 94
Kof 95
Kof 96

Probably not the greatest deal ever, but I thought it was decent.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
That's great - Last Blade alone usually goes for $100 or so in Akihabara.

The other games are usually about $15-25 each, with the exception of '96, which is about $40.

(I saw a REALLY beat up, but complete copy of FFS in a bargain bin for $2 once.)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:

Speaking about that, I couldn't say there was that much of AES stuff in Akihabara. SuperPotato gotta be the most overrated place/store evar. And the various Trader plus Medialand have waaay minimum AES stuff. Or maybe I've been just unlucky myself, who knows. :)

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
sorry, I don't have the links anymore. If I don't save them beforehand, I can never find them in completed auctions. My Japanese is terrible.

Here is a pick of the lesser carts though. They sold as a bundle for $65, and the last blade was 72.50.

neo1.jpg

I have been buying animation art on YJ for many years now, and thought I would start to pick up some Neo games when I see a good deal.

Here is a game on auction now that has received a few bids. Not sure what it sells for on EBay.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c123779641

Not sure about shipping. Only ever bought animation cels and drawings, and a good bundle of those usually run around $30 USD for EMS (takes about 3-4 days from Japan to my house).

Regards,
Jason

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
bloodfire3 said:
sorry, I don't have the links anymore. If I don't save them beforehand, I can never find them in completed auctions. My Japanese is terrible.

Here is a pick of the lesser carts though. They sold as a bundle for $65, and the last blade was 72.50.

neo1.jpg

I have been buying animation art on YJ for many years now, and thought I would start to pick up some Neo games when I see a good deal.

Here is a game on auction now that has received a few bids. Not sure what it sells for on EBay.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c123779641

Not sure about shipping. Only ever bought animation cels and drawings, and a good bundle of those usually run around $30 USD for EMS (takes about 3-4 days from Japan to my house).

Regards,
Jason

If you dont understand japanese how do you bid on them then or does someone bid for you and tell you what it says exactly?

daybona

Juz,
tsukaesugi said:

The other games are usually about $15-25 each, with the exception of '96, which is about $40.

(I saw a REALLY beat up, but complete copy of FFS in a bargain bin for $2 once.)

One time in Osaka, I saw brand new copies of SS2 for 13 bucks...

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Shito said:
Speaking about that, I couldn't say there was that much of AES stuff in Akihabara. SuperPotato gotta be the most overrated place/store evar. And the various Trader plus Medialand have waaay minimum AES stuff. Or maybe I've been just unlucky myself, who knows. :)

Thank you!! SuperPotato = over priced tourism store.

As for AES: Did you go to trader2? Last time I went there, last summer, they had about 30 AES carts. Since then I have heard they opened a trader4 though so I dont know what they have there. Trader has the most, however there is one shop right near the train station on the 6th floor they have abour 20 but its cash only. All the other back shops have about 5-10 carts usually.

daybona said:

3 years ago, when I was in akihabara they had brand new copies of SS2 for $5. It was the shop that is connected to one of the arcades in the back. I think it was the Sega arcade. Anyways they had about 50 of em, dumbass me should of bought them all to resell for about $25 or more. However, I only bought 3 and when I went back to get some more they were all gone.

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
I have my own YJ ID and understand enough to do all my own bidding, or if I don't understand can ask my friend or use a translation program on the auction description. A friend in Japan pays the seller and does all the communication. I just pay my friend when it is all done. hehe

There are a lot of deputy services that do this kind of thing. You don't necessarily need a friend living in Japan for this scenario.

tsukaesugi

daybona said:

Honestly, thank you very much for that, it's THE game that really got me into the Neo and I was very happy to get a brand new version of it.

I got my first beat up copy of SS2 for $12 I think, SS1 was $7, FFS was $10 and my Neo-Geo was $90. This was 10 years ago in a very small town up north though, so Akiba prices were not in effect.

tsukaesugi

LustForLard said:
As for AES: Did you go to trader2?

Trader 2 is alas, gone.

It's been replaced by Messe Sanoh (the game / doujinshi / gay doujinshi / gay game / independent gay PC game and non-gay PC independent game store.)

w00t! Gay doujinshi!!!11111

tsukaesugi

Sorry, the above post might have sounded a little sarcastic.

Honestly, Trader 2 is gone and a new Messe Sanoh is in its place. I only passed it by, didn't look inside, but it looks like it's still mostly used games.

The main Messe Sanoh (on the main Akiba street) is also mainly games (I just said "main" three times in a row, w00t), but the next-door Messe Sanoh is all pr0n doujinshi, and the second floor of the main store is gay Gay GAY!

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
aww man trader2 is gone ? smell was that the one on the main st though or down the alley? I liked the one down the alley before they changed it and put everything on the first floor and put books on the second.

How is trader4? Unfortunatly I can't go to japan this summer, due to work issues, but ill be there next summer for sure!

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
When I was in Osaka in 2003 I was in a store that had about 10 copies each of Sam II and FFS for 200 yen each.

....Still you got a great deal man.

mmelzer2004

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Makes me wish I knew how to manuver around YJ... that would be great, getting all these carts cheaper than I would on ebay, even after shipping.