KOF 2006 Latest US Build Preview

justdefend

Quiz Detective
Hey guys,

We just received the KOF 2006 US beta preview, which I believe may be the final Japanese version, and it's looking like an improvement over KOF: MI.

http://betas.punchjump.com/article.php?id=1111

Character damage has better balance and juggles have been toned down. Individual characters have mid-bosses, i.e. Terry fights Billy Kane etc, and each character has their own ending.

It's looking like they took care of most complaints from the first.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
And yet they're still referring to this as Billy Kane's first 3D appearance.:oh_no:

Sad it won't be his last.

Geez, so many good Garou characters keep being overlooked for the same old...

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Wait, wait, I'm still a n00b over here...

So, KOF is moving 3D FOR GOOD, or "2006" and XII are different projects althogether???

And, if they are, then the right order is MI, MI 2, and 2006, or what??? (Damn I'm a n00b)

El Cernex

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Cernex said:
Wait, wait, I'm still a n00b over here...

So, KOF is moving 3D FOR GOOD, or "2006" and XII are different projects althogether???

And, if they are, then the right order is MI, MI 2, and 2006, or what??? (Damn I'm a n00b)

El Cernex

KOF is not moving to 3D for good. The Maximum Impact series is more of a side project than anything else.

If KOF were to go 3D permenantly, I think Japan and Mexico would be destroyed from riots.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
And yet they're still referring to this as Billy Kane's first 3D appearance.:oh_no:

--Chris

...what.

::coughWILDAMBITIONcough::

That aside I can stand having more Billy in this world. So yes, happy August to me indeed. :tickled:

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
justdefend said:
Character damage has better balance and juggles have been toned down. Individual characters have mid-bosses, i.e. Terry fights Billy Kane etc, and each character has their own ending.

It's looking like they took care of most complaints from the first.
did they get rid of the unfun glitch? :annoyed:

justdefend

Quiz Detective
YO-YO-Boy said:
did they get rid of the unfun glitch? :annoyed:

Haha. It's a very decent fighting game for the KOF fans. It'll never replace the 2D series but SNK needs to have some 3D properties in the current market.

I like Billy Kane. He's a Fatal Fury veteran and better than a lot of the crap characters that came after him. Hinako anyone??

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't know if you can call Maximum Impact just a side project. At least both installments are basically completely all-new. You can't get that from any other KOF game these days.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I went ahead and emailed them about their Billy mistake. Yeah Wild Ambition wasn't the greatest game but still. It's a 3D game. :emb: So um... there.

Now to see if preorders are being taken. ::wanders off::

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Domino-chan said:
I went ahead and emailed them about their Billy mistake. Yeah Wild Ambition wasn't the greatest game but still. It's a 3D game. :emb: So um... there.

Now to see if preorders are being taken. ::wanders off::

You know they could just add "In 3D For the first time...on the the PS2" That would make a lot more sense.

And yes the game is fun. Maybe not from a competitive standpoint, but a really fun game for fans.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think the graphics and overall presentation of Maximum Impact 2 are pretty high up there. The game looks good and plays well.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
justdefend said:
I like Billy Kane. He's a Fatal Fury veteran and better than a lot of the crap characters that came after him. Hinako anyone??

Hinako's the only interesting sumo character I've encountered, gameplay-wise.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Sounds good I liked MI and this seems like a vast improvement. When is the US release?

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
in ur face!

L1-1-HIt foe ten times

L1-2-Guard crush foe
L1-3-smack foe into wall

L1-4-sideslide and hit

L1-5-hit foe with guard cancel
L1-6-parry 3 attacks

L1-7-break throw

L1-8-do a supercancel

L1-9-do 3 counterhits

L1-10-foeheals kill em

L2-1-8-beat foe under a weird handicap

L2-9-perform 5 knockdownhits

L2-10 kill her

L3-1-taunt 2 times and win!

L3-2,3 win without getting knocked down

L3-4 win with your gauge at MAX

L3-5-WIN under 15 hits

L3-6-preform 3 parryies

L3-7-hit him with 2 DM and win

L3-8-win and dont get knockeddown

L3-9hit foe into wall 5 times

L3-10 win under big cap

L4-1 break guard
L4-2 knockdown 3 times and win

L4-3 timeover wins

L4-4-get a prefect

L4-5-get maxgauge 1st

L4-6parry 3 tmes

L4-7timeover wins

L4-8get maxgauge

L4-9do 2 supercancels

LV04-10bad handcap win!

Last edited:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Sorry for the lame bump, but I saw on that site the release date is August 1st, but when I checked Gamestop their release date is August 22nd. Anyone know which date is the correct one?

And I checked the article and they took care of the little Billy boo boo. Haha I win. :glee:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
*yawn*

August 22 is the date I have at my store as well. But ive got the JPN version and this game is ass and feet....STINKY!!!!

O.