Best game music of this generation?

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Jet Set Radio Future and Sonic rush are the only clear standouts IMO.

The Punishers film style music is also pretty cool, and Darkwatch has some ace tracks in it too.

PS: I have the Sonic Rush, JSR+JSRF soundtracks on my Xbox and listen to them while playing PGR2 :emb:

EDIT: Sorry, thats the first time i've ever posted something in the wrong forum :emb:

Someone move plz?

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Digital Devil Saga 1-2, any Hitman game (Jasper Kyd is a maniac), and Shadow of the Collosus all have my vote.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
soulthug said:
Jet Set Radio Future and Sonic rush are the only clear standouts IMO.

The Punishers film style music is also pretty cool, and Darkwatch has some ace tracks in it too.

PS: I have the Sonic Rush, JSR+JSRF soundtracks on my Xbox and listen to them while playing PGR2 :emb:

EDIT: Sorry, thats the first time i've ever posted something in the wrong forum :emb:

Someone move plz?

Whose generation? IMO the best game music of this (my) generation is Final Fantasy III. Runners up would be Truxton, Dragon's Fury and of course Bad Dudes.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
If we're talking about our generations, then I'll have to recant what I said earlier and go with any of Yuzo Koshiro's music from the Streets of Rage games. Best VG music ever IMO.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Classics

Ninja Gaiden 2
Castlevania 4
Dracula X
Final Fantasy 3
Actraiser
SAMURAI SHODOWN !!!!! Not this generation but who cares.
You know Im right www.vgmusic.com

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
alec said:
Whose generation? IMO the best game music of this (my) generation is Final Fantasy III. Runners up would be Truxton, Dragon's Fury and of course Bad Dudes.
"This generation" means this console generation, not your lifetime. Meaning, PS2, Xbox, GC, and DC.

I vote for Silent Hill 2-4. In the case of 3 and 4, the soundtracks were better than the games they appeared in, imo.

sven666

War Room Troll
best song this generation is "Gluon" from psyvariar 2 (last boss battle).

tho it was released for naomi/DC first so it might not qualify technically ? :P

"western theme" from Timesplitters 2 is also an AWESOME track!, anyone know where i can DL an MP3?, i'd be eternally grateful :D

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Hmmm... so many good games with good music.

Silent Hill 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders 2, REZ, Metal Gear Solid 2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike...

JONESGFX

Crazed MVS Addict
for current gen, all answers for me = Zelda/Windwaker for the Cube. To me personally it's the greatest Video Game ever made.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
-Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
-ZOE2
-MGS2
-Killer7
-Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant
-Onimusha series
-Ace Combat 04
-Star Ocean 3