Space Invaders monitor problem

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I have an original 1977 Space Invaders cabinet and I'm having problems with the monitor. Keep in mind this is a really old black & white monitor. When the cab is on, the picture blinks on and off until it warms up. Then the picture stays on, but the brightness blinks from bright to barely able to see. I'm not sure if a cap kit is the fix. I tried swapping out the chassis with my spare and both give the same results. Neither have had a cap kit installed. I'll probably do a cap kit anyway. Does anyone know where to get a cap kit for this monitor?

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
Try Zanen Electronics 1-806-829-2781, thats where i got my cap kit from, fast too.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
On a game that old you may just have to take the monitor board out and read each cap... make a list... and go to your local electronics store (NOT Radio Shack) and buy the parts.

RJ

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
NEgO MANIAC said:
I have an original 1977 Space Invaders cabinet and I'm having problems with the monitor. Keep in mind this is a really old black & white monitor. When the cab is on, the picture blinks on and off until it warms up. Then the picture stays on, but the brightness blinks from bright to barely able to see. I'm not sure if a cap kit is the fix. I tried swapping out the chassis with my spare and both give the same results. Neither have had a cap kit installed. I'll probably do a cap kit anyway. Does anyone know where to get a cap kit for this monitor?
It's strange that you should mention this, I have a co-worker with an original Space Invaders cocktail cabinet that has similar problems. It powers on no problem but the picture fades in and out. Sometimes it's nice and bright and then it will go dim to where you almost can't see it.

I have a pic of the interior of the cab (of what I presume to be the monitor's board). If the cap kit works for you please let me know.