PDA

View Full Version : KOF: GeoWave for NEO-GEO

Josh
05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't know if this is BS or Not. But I just seen this video on Google.

Another Last NEO-GEO game? The King of Fighters: GeoWave (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-743696361979657765&q=e3+2006)

neojedi
05-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Looks like an extremely well-done Mugen-type vid. I think the timing is what kills it... if SNKP had played this at E3, we'd have heard of it in a dozen places before now. Also, I don't think the old hardware can handle Goodman.

Jontra
05-25-2006, 01:21 PM
That game can't run on the mvs.

ckchan
05-25-2006, 01:23 PM
look like a wonderful mugen game! i think snk won't release any more aes game on neo geo as SSVS was the last one already.
may be someone want to release in the format like 'last hope' ?

Jedah Doma
05-25-2006, 01:29 PM
look like a wonderful mugen game! i think snk won't release any more aes game on neo geo as SSVS was the last one already.
may be someone want to release in the format like 'last hope' ?

Hey, that would be cool with me. If the game is done right, it couold be really sweet.

Neo Alec
05-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey, that would be cool with me. If the game is done right, it couold be really sweet.
Oh yeah, another hacker KOF game for Neo Geo is exactly what we need. :rolleyes:

Hakkai
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
KOF: Geowave, supposedly a continuation of Neowave/NGBC. Neowave and NGBC has already been released for mugen after they ripped the sprites/sounds from the ps2 emulator so I really doubt now that its even legit, same with the other two videos.

KagerouSama
05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
KOF: Geowave looks good but it seems that its a going to be a sequel to KOF: Neowave/NeoGeo Battle Collesium. Unlike other games it really does looks like the cut and paste mugen style (as does Capcom Fighting Jam II, anyone see that video) and I've have noticed that a few characters are from NGBC like Marco and one of the stages is definitely a rip from Neowave. My guess is that it will be released for the Atomiswave.
:spock:

VanillaThunder
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM
As fuckin awesome as that game would be, it doesn't appear legit.

I'd love it to be true, and Trieu said something was in the works for a "finale" game for the Neo on his website.. it lends a bit of credibility to this game/rumor.

Murray
05-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Almost definitely Mugen. All the backgrounds / characters are pre-existing from what I can tell.

It's fun to dream, though.

VanillaThunder
05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Almost definitely Mugen. All the backgrounds / characters are pre-existing from what I can tell.

Yeah, it looks wayyyy mugen, especially the lack of character names and the f'd up portraits..

Hakkai
05-25-2006, 02:11 PM

Yeah, looked closer at the video and notices what you mean. It does bring the question about whether or not SNKP is going to release another game like Neowave/NGBC.

RocketLawnChair
05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
As great as this sounds, unfortunately I'm going to have to call bullshit. :( Would be nice though.

Jedah Doma
05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, another hacker KOF game for Neo Geo is exactly what we need. :rolleyes:

Please, drop the "I am t3h l33t because I only like t3h r34l d34l!" act. It looks good and that's all I was saying. So please, get off your NG.com purist power trip. No one gives a fuck and neither do I.

Baseley09
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
LOL as if tho really......

I'm always game for mvs hacks tho if of any interest.

Xian Xi
05-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Ya that is def mugen. I have the same KO font on mine and I believe its Guilty Gear, too.

I wouldnt mind DL'ing that version though. Looks like that person took a lot of time on it though.

Cavalry
05-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Not even for a second did I think that was real.

TylerDurden6282
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Its evil to even make such a video

DeadPixels
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Agreed. Evil indeed.

AppleiDog
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Not even for a second did I think that was real.

Second:eek:

Neo Alec
05-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Please, drop the "I am t3h l33t because I only like t3h r34l d34l!" act. It looks good and that's all I was saying. So please, get off your NG.com purist power trip. No one gives a fuck and neither do I.
As if it's an act. More like you're a fucking dumbass -- people here are getting excited about the idea of yet another fake KOF game, and there are already at least 3 of those, all reportedly terrible. Either people have forgotten, or don't know that. I'm merely attempting to curb that instead of fueling the dumbass wagon.

Jedah Doma
05-25-2006, 03:53 PM
As if it's an act. More like you're a fucking dumbass -- people here are getting excited about the idea of yet another fake KOF game, and there are already at least 3 of those, all reportedly terrible. Either people have forgotten, or don't know that. I'm merely attempting to curb that instead of fueling the dumbass wagon.

I didn't know we had local "excitement cops" patrolling these boards. Thanks for stopping my reckless excitement about a game that's fake. I merely thought it looked cool. I never said it played good or was "T3H B3S7 G4M3 EAVVAR!". Pop a couple Midol and you'll be fine. Until the PMS subsides, take it easy. It's a fucking game. :chimp:

soulthug
05-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I believed it until i seen the GW logo :crying:

It could've possibly been one of the coolest things ever if it existed though :oh_no:

Setsuna1982
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
wait wait wait....

Are there people who thought that was real? Sad

Ruell
05-25-2006, 04:30 PM
This would be awesome if it was real neo game. I still wouldn't mind playing it even if it was a mugen game. Mua ha ha ha

Neo Alec
05-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I didn't know we had local "excitement cops" patrolling these boards. Thanks for stopping my reckless excitement about a game that's fake. I merely thought it looked cool. I never said it played good or was "T3H B3S7 G4M3 EAVVAR!". Pop a couple Midol and you'll be fine. Until the PMS subsides, take it easy. It's a fucking game. :chimp:
Don't assume that because someone doesn't like hacker games, they're elite. Perhaps it's only the common knowledge that hacker games suck and they're ripped off.

Jedah Doma
05-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Don't assume that because someone doesn't like hacker games, they're elite. Perhaps it's only the common knowledge that hacker games suck and they're ripped off.

And your point?

pixeljunkie
05-25-2006, 05:46 PM
How the hell would they rip the Atomiswave BG's/sprites for MUGEN????

Cain Highwind
05-25-2006, 07:10 PM
How the hell would they rip the Atomiswave BG's/sprites for MUGEN????

From the PS2 version, via emulator. It runs at a terribly low frame rate, but that doesn't matter if you're ripping sprites. I don't know the full details myself.

Violent Ryo
05-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I can appreciate the editing of some characters, and some things do look nice, but this is so MUGEN.

I would play it tho.

taitai
05-25-2006, 08:47 PM
The music wasn't generic enough. :lol:

Cernex
05-25-2006, 10:40 PM
MUGEN... if they wanted us to believe SNK was pulling a "MUGEN" game (like Capcom and "fighting Jam" did), they should had, at least, added some original backgrounds.

Although, I must agree the music was non-generic.

El Cernex

(P.S: If it was official, I would buy it, :P)

Kagutsuchi00
05-25-2006, 10:58 PM
anyone see the capcom fighting jam 2 link? even better mugening

Neo Alec
05-26-2006, 12:07 AM
And your point?
You'll have to go back to whatever it was you were trying to say. I was just responding.

Have fun playing your hacker crap. Not only do they totally suck, but it's a funny way to support SNK.

rarehero
05-26-2006, 05:29 AM
wtf is up with the ring girl, lifting up her dress?
dumb.
and a buff ass gen?
whatever. goofy shit.

DanAdamKOF
05-26-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm not reading that whole thread, but ignoring the fact that SSVS was the last Neo game and there's no reason to make another, that gameplay reeks of MUGEN (after playing so many fighters, you can tell when it seems "off" like that), and more importantly, the music used in the video is an unofficial remix of Kyo's team's theme from OCRemix by Gecko Yamori (I knew I'd heard that particular version before in my WinAmp playlist) and I'm sure that SNK would use their own music in their trailer.

Takumaji
05-26-2006, 06:43 AM

Nobody needs that fake shit, tho.

And there's nothing "1337" in wanting and supporting the real deal, that's how it's supposed to be.

voodoodoctorx
05-26-2006, 07:07 AM
anyone else find it funny they called it king of fighters world wave?

Jedah Doma
05-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Nobody needs that fake shit, tho.

And there's nothing "1337" in wanting and supporting the real deal, that's how it's supposed to be.

Well it's good to know we have someone who can speak for the collective members here at NG.com. :rolleyes:

As far as being "1337" I never said there was anything wrong or right supporting the real deal. All I said was it looked cool and Neo Alec got a bit defensive (and bitchy) about the whole thing. Some of you guys take things way out of context.

Me: "The game looks cool"
You: "WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT'S T3H FAKE AND IT'S NOT REAL. YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE REAL THING OMG HACKEEERR!!"

Neo Alec
05-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Well it's good to know we have someone who can speak for the collective members here at NG.com. :rolleyes:

As far as being "1337" I never said there was anything wrong or right supporting the real deal. All I said was it looked cool and Neo Alec got a bit defensive (and bitchy) about the whole thing. Some of you guys take things way out of context.

Me: "The game looks cool"
You: "WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT'S T3H FAKE AND IT'S NOT REAL. YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE REAL THING OMG HACKEEERR!!"
Have you played Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, KOF 2004, 10th Anniversary, or any of that other hacker crap? Play and love that shit before you ask for more of it.

Takumaji
05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Have you played Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, KOF 2004, 10th Anniversary, or any of that other hacker crap? Play and love that shit before you ask for more of it.

Word.

Jedah Doma
05-26-2006, 11:39 AM

Yea, I know it's shit. Again, what's your point to me? I never said it PLAYED good, IS good, but only that it LOOKED good. Seriously, do you read my posts before you respond or have you gone trigger happy with your flame gun?

BTW: Any more genius remarks fucktard? :chimp:

VanillaThunder
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I gotta agree with JD.

Yeah, I said it was probably fake, but if real, it *looked* like a cool concept. No one is arguing play mechanics or whatever.

Neo Alec
05-26-2006, 12:53 PM
When you say a game "looks good" it's implied that you're interested in playing it.

Jedah Doma
05-26-2006, 01:10 PM
When you say a game "looks good" it's implied that you're interested in playing it.

LOL

Sure it's implied when you're the one making the implications. That is as long as it's an assumption that makes you look like less of an ass.

BTW: When you say a game is "hacked" it's implied that you're interested in fucking ape heads. :rolleyes:

See how shitty assumptions work?

Takumaji
05-26-2006, 02:07 PM
See how shitty assumptions work?

Yes, I can clearly see it.

Hank Dryly
05-26-2006, 05:32 PM
What a lot of angry people.:spock:

VanillaThunder
05-26-2006, 05:54 PM
What a lot of angry people.:spock:

Good first post... :chimp:

Hakkai
05-26-2006, 05:58 PM
For anyone wanting to know I'm now almost positive that this is from the mugen game King of Fighters: Black World since that game is the only one I know to have backgrounds/characters from NGBC. That and the Street Fighter II and Capcom Vs. are also mugen games being made from the same person.

8man
05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
It looks like an Atomiswave game! :glee:

Background is higher resolution,
and the characters look cleaner.

It kind of makes sense:

NeoWave (part 1: Game already released on Atomiswave)
GeoWave (part 2: NEXT and FINAL GAME!!)

or NeoGeo

I doubt that they would release this for the AES or MVS.
It looks like SNK is creating their last game for the Atomiswave!!

8man

soulthug
05-26-2006, 06:43 PM
NeoWave (part 1: Game already released on Atomiswave)
GeoWave (part 2: NEXT and FINAL GAME!!)

or NeoGeo
8man
:lol: Thanks for saving us captain obvious.

Now if you watched the vid and STILL believe it is real, you must honestly be a flid.

HINT: Check the other videos by that person :kekeke:

DanAdamKOF
05-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Even if this was real, I wouldn't be excited about it at all, seeing that if it was real it'd be a no-effort game with seemingly nothing unique to offer to the gameplay, and with shitty "new characters" like Gen's head on Fei-Long's body and the girl from The Ring and Joe in a karate uniform (OH COOL I LOVE HOW KARATE UNIFORMS MAKE A CHARACTER REALLY ORIGINAL AND ADD VARIETY TO THE CHARACTER CAST!).

Honestly, how in the hell can any of you think this looks cool?

Hank Dryly
05-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm sure you all know this, but someone did ask how Geowave has Atomiswave sprites in it. Simply, all the Atomiswave sprites in Geowave are in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum which is on PS2. You don't need to run the PS2 version through an emulator either, like someone else suggested.

Jedah Doma
05-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Honestly, how in the hell can any of you think this looks cool?

It's called free speech. Yea, it's on hell of a right. You should check it out sometime.

BTW: OMG, There's even a right to freedom of religion. I should read up on this Constitution thing more often. :chimp:

On subject, please man, get off the soap box of NG.com. Yea, some of us think it looked cool, some of us didn't. Big fucking deal. Anyone want to start a thread about how Pepsi is "t3h l33t" and Coke "suxors" because that's just about as productive as this thread is turing out to be.

DanAdamKOF
05-26-2006, 07:45 PM
It's called free speech. Yea, it's on hell of a right. You should check it out sometime.

BTW: OMG, There's even a right to freedom of religion. I should read up on this Constitution thing more often. :chimp:

On subject, please man, get off the soap box of NG.com. Yea, some of us think it looked cool, some of us didn't. Big fucking deal. Anyone want to start a thread about how Pepsi is "t3h l33t" and Coke "suxors" because that's just about as productive as this thread is turing out to be.
Yeah, I can rant about how dumb it looks just like you can rant about how awesome it looks. Isn't it great?

Get your PS2 chipped and import neowave if you're dead-set on playing such a game.

BTW my rant wasn't directed at any one person.

Jedah Doma
05-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I can rant about how dumb it looks just like you can rant about how awesome it looks. Isn't it great?

Get your PS2 chipped and import neowave if you're dead-set on playing such a game.

BTW my rant wasn't directed at any one person.

Grand, at least you understood the concept (unlike Neo Alec).

As far as the PS2 thing goes, I've already got a JAP one. As far as Neowave goes, I'm not too interested in playing it, but thanks for the idea.

I'm happy for you it wasn't directed at one person. Although I fail to see why you mentioned that fact as I never mentioned it, but hey man, whatever works for you.

Ruell
05-26-2006, 10:50 PM
For anyone wanting to know I'm now almost positive that this is from the mugen game King of Fighters: Black World since that game is the only one I know to have backgrounds/characters from NGBC. That and the Street Fighter II and Capcom Vs. are also mugen games being made from the same person.

Has anyone played KOF: Black World before to clarify this??

Cernex
05-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Not me.

El Cernex

laurie
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
where is the Somara sprite from?

abasuto
05-28-2006, 06:56 PM
If re-using old sprites and putting them to new backgrounds is a "hack", then SNK released a hell of a lot of KOF hacked games.

Neo Alec
05-29-2006, 07:43 PM
If re-using old sprites and putting them to new backgrounds is a "hack", then SNK released a hell of a lot of KOF hacked games.
Yeah, well they hacked their own game, so it's up to them.

Fighter123
05-29-2006, 11:00 PM
That video looks like home made.

Showing the Neo-Geo logo at the beginning of the video is proof!

DarkHuman
05-31-2006, 10:23 AM
ok, i got NeoGeo battle coll., kof 2k2, SVC: chaos, Kof Neowave, kof 2k3/XI, and there's still characters that don't fit into those 6 games. if they make this, i'm SO GOING TO BUY IT!

Cernex
05-31-2006, 12:56 PM
ok, i got NeoGeo battle coll., kof 2k2, SVC: chaos, Kof Neowave, kof 2k3/XI, and there's still characters that don't fit into those 6 games. if they make this, i'm SO GOING TO BUY IT!

Really hope you´re kidding...

El Cernex

Neo Alec
05-31-2006, 03:31 PM
If there were any official new game for Neo Geo I'd buy it.

Hakkai
05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Its been said and proven that KOF: Geowave is a mugen game already. If anyone is that desperate to play it follow the links at streetmugen (http://www.streetmugen.com/) and download all the stuff yourself though I'll just stick to playing the actual games they came from.

DarkHuman
05-31-2006, 11:32 PM
it's gotta run on atomiswave. :loco:

Tom
05-31-2006, 11:46 PM
This looks so fake it isn't even funny. The FOTNS mugen game looked better than this.

Lee Gray
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Well you never know with SNK playmore to save time and money by re-using olds backdrops :)

Would have been a nice idea and watching the demo i wouldnt mind playing it

but i played king of gladiators and the crouching tiger game and they were both pretty lame although some of the backdrops looked quite nice on the crouching game but this game does look better than those two and some of the character looks are pretty decent too

Jedah Doma
06-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Its been said and proven that KOF: Geowave is a mugen game already. If anyone is that desperate to play it follow the links at streetmugen (http://www.streetmugen.com/) and download all the stuff yourself though I'll just stick to playing the actual games they came from.

You = T3H L337 because you don't play T3H F4K3 or T3H ROMZZ :rolleyes:

Please get over yourself kid.

Neo Alec
06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
You = T3H L337 because you don't play T3H F4K3 or T3H ROMZZ :rolleyes:

Please get over yourself kid.
You get over yourself.

Dolphin
06-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Alec, Doma, and anybody else engaging in troll-like behavior within this thread: please tone it down a notch. If you want to duke it, that's what we have a War Room for.

Neo Alec
06-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Who in the HELL asked you??? Never talk to me, EVER.

I'm a relative newbie to this forum, and from what I can tell, this is generally how people treat each other. It's hard not to get taken in.

Cernex
06-02-2006, 11:38 PM
it's gotta run on atomiswave. :loco:

Nope. Runs in standard PCs and MACs, not on arcade boards. ;)

El Cernex

Lee Gray
06-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Who in the HELL asked you??? Never talk to me, EVER.

I'm a relative newbie to this forum, and from what I can tell, this is generally how people treat each other. It's hard not to get taken in.
lol guess you must be a newbie if you dont know who dolphinlord is

use to be a mod in these here parts lol

Neo Alec
06-03-2006, 04:21 AM

Someone like him is not worthy of being a mod anywhere. I'm surprised he has the audacity to even show himself here.

Cernex
06-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Someone like him is not worthy of being a mod anywhere. I'm surprised he has the audacity to even show himself here.

... Dude... WTF???

El Cernex

Lee Gray
06-03-2006, 05:39 AM
... Dude... WTF???

El Cernex I think neo alec is pulling our legs and knows full well who dolphin lord is :)

tsukaesugi
06-03-2006, 05:40 AM

Didn't Neo Alec's site predate Dolphinlord's?

Not taking sides here, that's just the impression I was under.

Lee Gray
06-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Didn't Neo Alec's site predate Dolphinlord's?

Not taking sides here, that's just the impression I was under. my comment was tounge in cheek, neo alec is well known as is his site plus he joined here like 6 years ago and i expect him and dl are best buddies :)

Fygee
06-03-2006, 06:56 AM
The music wasn't generic enough. :lol:

For those wondering, the music is a remix from the website OCremix.org.

And what's this? Another pointless arguement over nothing here? Get out. :p

Neo Alec
06-03-2006, 01:04 PM
my comment was tounge in cheek, neo alec is well known as is his site plus he joined here like 6 years ago and i expect him and dl are best buddies :)
He wronged me publicly a long time ago and has yet to take any responsibility for it. He is dead to me.