Other system controllers for the Wii MAYBE a Neo Geo one?

Drewmantrivia

Crazed MVS Addict
The Prez of Nintendo did a interview about the Wii and at the end he gave some info to the interviewer.

"Unfortunately, because of time restrictions we could not ask as many questions as we would have liked—perhaps next time.

At the conclusion of the interview, Mr. Iwata picked up a metal briefcase and smiled as he opened it to display each controller type from the respective systems that will be supported by the Wii's Virtual Console. It was a nice touch. "

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12748&rp=49

My fingers are crossed!:)

Drewmantrivia

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I may not talk for everyone here (I don't) but if a neo geo style controller is available for the wii, plus a schedule for lots of classic neo goodness - I'll be tripping over myself to pick it and the Wii up.
stupid name.

edit: read the interview - no mention of SNK as onboard with respect to the virtual console. so the above post is purely speculative and unfounded.
meh..

Last edited:

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I was already going to get one anyways :p (the wiiner I mean)

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Uh, not one mention of SNK or Neo Geo in that interview.

Let's not jump ahead please. Way ahead in this case.

Drewmantrivia

Crazed MVS Addict
Well according to this article from IGN SNK is already on board with the Metal Slug series for the Wii.
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

Now I know IGN says its "revealed exclusively to IGN" about the Metal Slug series for the Wii so how do you guys figure that SNK isn't on board for the Wii virtual console or just a normal release? It just says that the games will be upgraded to take advantage of the Wii controller. It never says that it wouldn't be able to use a normal controller nor does it say it wouldn't be out on the virtual console or not.

Yup it never does say that there would be one made for the Neo Geo. It does say that they saw a controller type from the respective systems that will be supported by the Wii's Virtual Console but I guess for some it is to hard to think or hope out of the box/:oh_no:

Just thought it was intresting note added with the other info out there could maybe mean a Neo Geo stick/controller. I mean hasn't Hori and Ascii made stick even for the PS2 and other arcade sticks for home systems? If Nintendo doesn't do it maybe someone else would.

Drewmantrivia

TylerDurden6282

Armored Scrum Object
I would kill to be able to use the Neo controller on the wii though, especially with those slugs that are supposedly on the way. It just seems doubtful though.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Milkman X raised a good point the other night...

The Wii has GC controller ports on it. There's already sticks for it.
C'mon SNK, bring us teh ports please.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Heh... the GC controller ports are good news, because I have 2 fighting sticks for the GC and they've gotten almost zero use so far. The GC was practically the worst console for fighting games ever created. It had Soul Calibur 2 with Link. That's it. SSBM doesn't count because it plays better with a regular pad.

Fighters on the PS2 that weren't/won't be on Gamecube:
Street Fighter Anniversary
Hordes of old SNK fighters ported over
NGBC JP
SS6 JP
GGXX Slash JP
KOF MI2 JP and US on 8/1
Street Fight Alpha Anthology JP and US on 6/13
KOF XI JP (6/22)
Melty Blood Act Cadenza JP (8/10)

If the Wii follows in the cube's footsteps, then there will be practically no fighters other than SSBB. For that and Slug Anthology, I'd just use the default controller.