CMVS Question.....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do you wire the select buttons at all? I was gonna wire the coin switches to the select buttons. I cant remember if we use the start for pause or the select.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
You can't pause MVS games...

I heard you can install a pause button on a CMVS. Anyone verify this?

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Xian Xi said:
I heard you can install a pause button on a CMVS. Anyone verify this?

Yes, there are 2 ways to pause on MVS. 1 is to have a UniBIOS. Just hit start and select and the menu will come up and pause the game. The other way is to use the 7th DIP switch. Flipping this on will pause the game. You can also wire a button to the DIP contacts and mount it anywhere you want.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
loopyeddie said:
Yes, there are 2 ways to pause on MVS. 1 is to have a UniBIOS. Just hit start and select and the menu will come up and pause the game. The other way is to use the 7th DIP switch. Flipping this on will pause the game. You can also wire a button to the DIP contacts and mount it anywhere you want.

So you can probably connect one to the ground to the controller pinout and the other to the start or select button to close the circuit.

danUK

New Challenger
glad this came up, i've just put together a tempory loom prior to consolising my MV1-C, and i've used the select button as coin button, and works a treat

i noticed in the universe bios book on page 12 there is a paragraph about using jamma pins '26' & 'd' as select buttons, for when running the mobo in console mode (applies for certain games accessing ports directly and not via the bios)

anyone tried this at all?

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
loopyeddie said:

Isn't the 7th pin freeplay? I thought it was the 8th pin...

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Piratero said:
Isn't the 7th pin freeplay? I thought it was the 8th pin...

That be correct. There is no "regular" way to pause an MVS like with an AES. A Unibios will do it if you follow the standard Neo pinout. Otherwise you can wire from Dip 8.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Do you wire the select buttons at all? I was gonna wire the coin switches to the select buttons. I cant remember if we use the start for pause or the select.

The best/easiest way to go about this depends on what pcb you are working with and wether or not you plan on using a unibios.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
The best/easiest way to go about this depends on what pcb you are working with and wether or not you plan on using a unibios.

MV1C, just bought a Unibios for it today so I will go that route instead.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
MV1C, just bought a Unibios for it today so I will go that route instead.

Then it really doesn't matter if you wire the coin or the select to the select button on the stick......

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Then it really doesn't matter if you wire the coin or the select to the select button on the stick......

Just ordered it like an hour ago.

Anywho, so connecting the coin and selects together would not have any adverse effects, right?

Also when changing games and powering the system off, how long does it take to boot back up?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Just ordered it like an hour ago.

Anywho, so connecting the coin and selects together would not have any adverse effects, right?

Also when changing games and powering the system off, how long does it take to boot back up?

I wouldn't wire them together...

But because you are using the UNI.... You can switch between select and coin within the Uni Menu.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I found it very inconvenient that there was no way of pausing my cmvs (except with the dip), but when I popped in a unibios I was very happy (and surprised) to find that the select button paused the game just like with aes...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Just to clear up any confusion

Game select switch

mvssound.bmp

Pause button (pin 8 to ground) http://crazykong.com/dips/NeoGeo.txt

mvssound.bmp