NEOGEO booth at E3 ...going tomorrow!

sammaz

Quiz Detective
I will post all my pics\info when I get home...I am planning on going straight to NEOGEO ...then Capcom...then Namco...then Sammy...then smoke and run that plan again!:multi_co:

any requests?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Yeah, I want to know how well Metal Slug on the GBA fares up.

sammaz

Quiz Detective
Could not find NEOGEO! went to capcom...disappointed no more 2d games :(

Namco had tekken 5 DR on PSP but that did nothing for me...Overall you can see that its all next-gen and 2d is obsolete...last year neogeo had a huge booth...this year I couldnt even find them...

The bright side...PS3 is all that! 1080p is amazing...SEGA had virtua fighter 5 playing on a brand new SEGA widescreen cab...freaking amazing playing arcade games in 720p

got 4 tee-shirts and won a call of duty 3 hat in the competition...and said Hi to Tony Hawk!

Its a mixed blessing getting the next gen and having to say goodbye to 2d fighters:rolleyes:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Since E3's focus is on American releases, it makes sense that you wouldn't see much in the way of 2D arcade games. I'd expect to see more of that kind of thing at the Tokyo Game Show instead.

But SNK should be there somewhere! They were supposed to have had a press conference, too.

Tekken 5 DR did nothing for you?? It's an amazing-looking port; Namco has really pushed the limits of the PSP with it!

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I just wish I could find some info on 360 NGBC at this point and maybe SS Tenka.

The big question with Tekken is just how different T5DR for the PSP will be from T6 for the PS3 in terms of gameplay. There really isn't a lot of time from the development of DR in the arcade until T6 for the PS3 if it indeed is a launch title. After all this hype that DR would be a PSP exclusive it makes me wonder if they aren't just revamping the graphics engine for the PS3, dropping in an additional background and character with the exact same fighting engine and calling it a new game for the PS3.

That way they can charge Tekken fans twice for essentially the same game and for full price since they get around the cost cut they have to endure if they had released DR solely as an update on the PS2. I was really hoping for Tekken Tag 2 to be honest. TTT wasn't the most balanced fighter in the world, but damn it was fun.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I'm getting the feeling that Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum isn't coming to the 360. They should have shown something by now. :/

sameh903 said:
what about sammy and their AW. no 2D fighters!:spock:

Guys, it's *E3*. Intended mainly for U.S. games, home console stuff only, no arcade games, no games that are going to be Japan-only, like the majority of 2D fighters these days.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I am still crossing my fingers for NGBC on 360 with the hopes that all the recent releases and upcoming titles have just slowed BC's progression a tad. After all they have a lot of titles in the works with all the collection ports, KoF XI, NeoWave, MI2, Metal Slug 6 and 3D. If that title ends up being canceled I really hope the PS3 can play all PS2 games regardless of region and can expedite those load times a bit.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
SNK booth didn't have shit.

Their booth was tiny and pathetic.

Move along,folks. Nothing to see here.

B-

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The reason that guy couldn't find SNKP is that they don't have space in EITHER of the exhibition halls. They have a little room located off the concourse that runs between the halls. It's very easy to miss...and it seemed like most people did. Thing was like being at a fucking wake. Empty, quiet, depressing. Almost wish I hadn't found it.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
So you guys found it, was there anything on the SNK/P horizon other than slug 3-d?

-B

Smiley

Quiz Detective
I've heard from another of my forums that snkp is porting all of the old metal slug games to the wii. Is that correct or were they thinking of the port to the psp that I've already heard about. If the aforementioned rumor is true, why not port slug 3d to it? and better yet, why not have ninty and snk sign a deal to bring most of neo geo's old titles for dl on the wii's virtual console; that'd be cool.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Smiley said:
I've heard from another of my forums that snkp is porting all of the old metal slug games to the wii. Is that correct or were they thinking of the port to the psp that I've already heard about. If the aforementioned rumor is true, why not port slug 3d to it? and better yet, why not have ninty and snk sign a deal to bring most of neo geo's old titles for dl on the wii's virtual console; that'd be cool.

It is true that the MS1 - MS6 are getting ported in one big collection for the Rev

My reason for MS3D not being part of the bundle maybe to see if it can stand up on it's own, if it's part of the collection you can't tell if said collection sold due to the 3D game or the old ones( even though all signs point to damn near everyone here just getting the collection and ignoring the 3D game ). As for part of teh Rev's dl service all i can think up is normal "only the hardcore would dl those games blah blah blah".

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yung Burnout said:
It is true that the MS1 - MS6 are getting ported in one big collection for the Rev
Are you sure it's not just 1-5, like for the PSP version? Come to think of it, why in the hell didn't they wait and put 6 on the PSP version? Son of a bitch.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Are you sure it's not just 1-5, like for the PSP version? Come to think of it, why in the hell didn't they wait and put 6 on the PSP version? Son of a bitch.

Taken from the "MS comes to the Wii" a couple threads down =

"Metal Slug Anthology will feature such classics as Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5. SNK has not yet confirmed if Metal Slug 6 will be on the compilation, but that is a very real possibility. The publisher would only officially state: "This will be a full arcade collection including many additional surprises."

Why all six won't go to the psp is beyond me as I'm sure the psp could handle it, since it won't be on there I'm assuming maybe SNKP has the bright idea of selling that seperatly( but I highly doubt it but it's fun to wish )

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
So you actually went to E3 STK? Very nice. It's a true shame we couldn't meet up or something.

Yea, the SNK booth was alot smaller than it was last year. Last year though the bad thing was it was placed right next to Square/ENIX which overshadowed it so the nice part about this year is it got it's own small private room.

Metal Slug for the GBA looked like it was about 30%-40% completed...but from what was shown, it runs beautifully. They're not simply porting it from the Neo Geo to the GBA, it looks like they're building the game from ground up which I think is a great move.

They also had Metal Slug Anthology showing for the PSP. Again, this game seemed like it was about 80-90% complete. All the ports were very faithful to the originals. The games that were included on it were 1, 2, X, 3, 4, and 5.

Finally, they had KOF 2006 playing...which I found to be fairly enjoyable. The new characters are a blast to play, especially Louise.

All in all the SNK booth was decent. They weren't aiming to be too extravegant like they were last year and I feel that they achieved what they wanted this year.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Metal Slug PSP (as you can see behind it, it sports 2P ad hoc :P), pictures come in 3 sizes: original, zoom, and fit
snk02.jpg

snk03.jpg

snk04.jpg

snk05.jpg

snk06.jpg

snk07.jpg

snk08.jpg

snk09.jpg

snk10.jpg

snk11.jpg

Last edited: