KOF:MI2 OST CD on sale 6/21/06 in Japan

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
If there are 79 tracks it would appear they ARE keeping the classic themes that play on the NeoGeo Land stage. I just unlocked it myself, here's a snippit of a post I made earlier:

---
The default version of the stage plays quite the spiffy remix of the neo-geo startup "chime". The alternate variation however has around *35* old tracks from previous SNK games. Half of which I have trouble recognizing.

Classic Pao Pao theme, 94 Esaka, Terry's Fatal Fury 2 theme, XXX (Omega Rugal's theme from 98), Classic Ikari themes, there's a LOT here.

And what's even cooler, is that, from doing it in Practice, whoever you're playing as will determine what theme is played. Classic Kyo gets 94 Esaka, Iori gets his classic Arashi no Saxophone, Chae Lim get's "Wild Party" (Korean theme from KoF 2000), and of all weird things Duke gets Rythmic Hallucination (Orochi Team theme from 97).

Going through the sound test just about all the "character themes" you could imagine are here. No Athena track though she uses a theme called "Dragon Gal RB" (from the slots game?). There's the AoF1 Todoh theme, Geese's classic theme, even one of 2001's horrid songs are here.

I hope I can get through the hard missions and Quest Survival for the other stages. HOT DAMN!

Apparently according to Gamefaqs there's a Mizuki stage that uses her BGM as well as a Krauser stage that uses his BGM.