SNK Vs. Capcom Card Fighters Clash DS (Preview & Screens)

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
http://ds.ign.com/articles/704/704066p1.html

IGN DS said:
One of the best games released on the classic NeoGeo Pocket Color handheld system of a half-decade ago is about to be revived for a new generation of portable gamers - SNK Playmore is about ready to unleash SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS for the dual screen Nintendo handheld system, and the company's given us a first look at the game before its debut at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo next week.

Like the original game released on the NeoGeo Pocket Color, SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS is a card battling game featuring characters from both company's universes. Players do battle with decks of cards that have familiar folk like Street Fighter's Guile, Chun Li, Ken, Ryu, and others, as well as fighters from SNK games such as Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, and Fatal Fury.

The Nintendo DS version of the game will feature touch-screen control to make it easy to select and sort earned cards and battle with opponents, as well as maneuver through the game's competition structure. Expect the Nintendo DS system's wireless capabilities to come into play to enable multiple players to trade and compete against each other.

Hit the media link below to check out the first screenshots of SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS. We'll have more on the game as we get closer to next week's big show.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Sweet.
The art looks weird, but still.
Sweet.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Woot, finally! I've been waiting for screens, and I like what I see.

To those who thought this would be vaporware, nah-nah I told you so :p

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Woot, finally! I've been waiting for screens, and I like what I see.

To those who thought this would be vaporware, nah-nah I told you so :p

Good thing E3 is next week and were probably going to see something substantial for it.

It doesnt look like they changed much in the gameplay from the screenshots (at least I hope not).

That artwork for Blue Mary worries me. I hope it isnt all just shitty low res scans of Falcoon (or even worse art by others) stuff and just thrown into a box.

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Better buy this right away...lest I end up dying for it like I have been for CFC2 :mad:

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
Boy I hope FatFuck Fatcoon doesen't do ALL the fucking art.:mad: :mad:
Hope there is an original mode.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I like Falcoon's art, so :P on you guys.

And this has clenched my purchase of an Nintendo DS, but if there's an English language version or option on the import.

Either way: :buttrock:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Looks like there will be competition for my title of most hours logged on a DS game :)

Currently Advance Wars DS holds the honour (although I must have clocked up a hideous amount on Mario Kart DS too), but based on past experience, Cardfighters DS will probably top that.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
AlphaONE said:
Boy I hope FatFuck Fatcoon doesen't do ALL the fucking art.:mad: :mad:
Hope there is an original mode.

He said at that New Year's party that he wasn't the only one doing the artwork for the game. I'd imagine we'll see a variety of SNK and Capcom artists (at least for "special" cards like in CFC2)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
oh my car.

looks like I have to break down and buy a DS now :(

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm down.

I'll be sure to order it the second its available. :drool_2: :drool:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
hermegildo said:
Does that mean Capcom gets to do another vs. game?

Capcom isn't going to do shit.

If they were smart, they could make as much money on their overhyped 'meh' 3D games as they could with CvS 3, which in turn would turn interest back on again at Playmore to do SvC 2. Maybe not broken and complete this time.

Actually double that profit for Capcom, as they could release CvS 3 it in arcades first.

Note: I personally don't play CvS2 anymore. It's just too wierd for me.

On topic: screens haven't impressed me so far. Just saw a bunch of characters I've never seen before with allright art, and Blue Mary.

I am only going to get this if there is an English option.

Wouldn't you guys need that to play this game?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
I am only going to get this if there is an English option.

Wouldn't you guys need that to play this game?

The game is simple enough to understand without any English text.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
The game is simple enough to understand without any English text.

You haven't played CFC2.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Domino-chan said:
I like Falcoon's art, so :P on you guys.

And this has clenched my purchase of an Nintendo DS, but if there's an English language version or option on the import.

Either way: :buttrock:

Agreed on all counts.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
Dear. Fucking. God. I was all but certain this title would be squandered away in development hell. Words fail me. Terrific news. Looks like I’ll be buying a DS Lite after all...

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
They announced today that they will be releasing this in the USA, along with an entire arcade collection of Metal Slug for the Nintendo Wii.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Halox said:
They announced today that they will be releasing this in the USA, along with an entire arcade collection of Metal Slug for the Nintendo Wii.
OH. MY. GOD. I have to change my underpants (and buy a DS).