Metal Slug Anthology Announced for Nintendo Wii !!!

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

IGN Wii said:
SNK revealed exclusively to IGN today that after a long absence from Nintendo's home consoles it has signed up to develop games for Wii, the platform formerly code-named Revolution. SNK's first title for Wii is Metal Slug Anthology, a compilation of classic Metal Slug projects. Best of all, these games have been enhanced to take full advantage of Wii's innovative free-hand style controller, which translates gestures made by players into on-screen movement.

"Fans worldwide have been looking forward to our return to Nintendo platforms and what better way then to bring our complete Metal Slug arcade collection to Wii," SNK Playmore USA Corporation president Ben Herman said in a statement. "The Wii controller will be used in a new and unique way that enhances the gameplay. Our fans have demanded that we support Nintendo platforms. Let the celebration begin."
Hero Rossi is armed and ready to take down any enemy who crosses his path

Metal Slug Anthology will feature such classics as Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5. SNK has not yet confirmed if Metal Slug 6 will be on the compilation, but that is a very real possibility. The publisher would only officially state: "This will be a full arcade collection including many additional surprises."

A version of Metal Slug Anthology is also expected for Sony's PSP handheld, but the Wii version will obviously boast exclusive controller functionality in addition to any separately added games or features.

The Metal Slug franchise was born to life in 1996 for the now-defunct Neo-Geo console. The arcade shooter took inspiration from the hit Contra series and served up a healthy dose of frantic run-and-gun-style cooperative two-player gameplay. The Metal Slug name describes a massive tank in the game, but much of the side-scrolling missions in the series challenge players to go on foot as Lieutenant Marco Rossi, a tough-guy military leader whose mastery of projectile weapons is second to none.

All of the Metal Slug games retain the original's style: 2D side-scrolling missions with beautiful hand-drawn art. Old-school players even today trumpet the franchise's extremely fluid animation and impressive on-screen carnage.

Further specifics about the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology will be made available at E3 2006, where the game is expected to be playable in some form. Official screenshots will be released at that time. In the meanwhile, though, SNK has hooked IGN up with several pieces of official Metal Slug Anthology art work. Readers can view the media in our images section below.

I will definitely be buying this. I think its great that SNK is going to start supporting a Nintendo home console again. Its been way too long. Hopefully this means we can expect some SNK games via the virtual console as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Someone please bring me a new pair of pants.

I may have just shat myself.

I hope this is true.

MS + NINTENDO :buttrock:

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Dare I say it aloud...?

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

MarkOfTheMike

Banned
Wasn't it me who broke the SNK is developing for WII

I think so but some ass deleted my post :(

The proof is in the WII pudding

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Slug with idiot controls=shite.

"Hero Rossi is armed and ready to take down any enemy who crosses his path" Lol SNKP marketing=shite.

Lol at anyone who even considers buying this.

Last edited:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Cool... let's hope that with the usual SNK delays it comes before the PS4 laucnhes. Apart from that I am all over it as soon as it comes out.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
J0e Musashi said:
Slug with idiot controls=shite..
Wow! Its amazing you know that the controls are bad, since you've never actually touched or seen one, and they're not even near completing development. You must be some kind of amazing video game prophet. I think I will go by what you say, since you know so much.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
TravistyOJ said:
Wow! Its amazing you know that the controls are bad, since you've never actually touched or seen one, and they're not even near completing development. You must be some kind of amazing video game prophet. I think I will go by what you say, since you know so much.

Lol, you're a proper idiot. Anyone with any sense and who isn't blinded by pure SNK fanboyism would realise this already. Surely you already have the games for Neo anyway, no?

To quote SuperPang.
"Some developers have this problem with DS, ie they feel obliged to use the touch screen/mic when it's completely unnecessary (Nanostray?).
Metal Slug can only be played properly with an arcade stick or very good 8-way d-pad and three buttons that don't kill your fingers. Anything else will wear thin within about 5 minutes."

Surely it'd be miles better to just have it on Wii with regular controls, the way it was intendid to be played. If you knew anything about games, you'd realise that this isn't going to work and will be nowhere near as good as the 10-year-old controls.

Last edited:

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
That's kind of the point to my sarcasm. I agree the interface doesnt need tweaking, but it isn't even near being done. They might (I hope) give you the choice between using traditional controllers and some new wii interface. I am cautiously optomistic, I was only giving you are hard time because i think you judged it far too quickly.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
TravistyOJ said:
That's kind of the point to my sarcasm. I agree the interface doesnt need tweaking, but it isn't even near being done. They might (I hope) give you the choice between using traditional controllers and some new wii interface. I am cautiously optomistic, I was only giving you are hard time because i think you judged it far too quickly.

"American in sarcasm without labelling it shocker" has got me all confused. :)

neoApate

aka neoGuruGod, aka neoPerses, aka polyphemus, aka
"Lol, you're a proper idiot. Anyone with any sense and who isn't blinded by pure SNK fanboyism would realise this already."...
"Surely it'd be miles better to just have it on Wii with regular controls, the way it was intendid to be played. If you knew anything about games, you'd realise that this isn't going to work and will be nowhere near as good as the 10-year-old controls."

I think the word I'm looking for is: Hypocrite. Talk about fanboyism; thats the definition of it. Prejudgement with pure conceptualization is the the epitome of fanboyism. the next time Joe points fingers, Joe should shut his mouth and keep opinions to himself.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Last edited:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
neoApate said:
"Lol, you're a proper idiot. Anyone with any sense and who isn't blinded by pure SNK fanboyism would realise this already."...
"Surely it'd be miles better to just have it on Wii with regular controls, the way it was intendid to be played. If you knew anything about games, you'd realise that this isn't going to work and will be nowhere near as good as the 10-year-old controls."

I think the word I'm looking for is: Hypocrite. Talk about fanboyism; thats the definition of it. Prejudgement with pure conceptualization is the the epitome of fanboyism. the next time Joe points fingers, Joe should shut his mouth and keep opinions to himself.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Good one n00b. It went straight over your head. Ignore=you. It's J0e too btw. Now do you need any help with conversions, boots, why SS RPG isn't on cart or anything else that you could find by using the search but won't?

neoApate

aka neoGuruGod, aka neoPerses, aka polyphemus, aka
"Good one n00b. It went straight over your head. Ignore=you. It's J0e too btw."

I love when someone gets burned, and they don't know/acknowledge it :kekeke:

Oh, i love name calling. It's a sign of someone who's run out of an actual arguement and resorts to picking the most creative adjective for another.

C'mon Joe, let your creative juices flow!

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Sounds cool. Think it'll come out anywhere near launch?

If it does, that alone will get me to buy a Wii (assuming they don't fudge the controls).

H

hermegildo

JOe Musashi is right.

How long have we all bitched for arcade perfect ports?

And now we get yet another Metal Slug port with raped controls and everybody is suddenly happy?

I'm curious to see how this pans out, but at this point it just seems utterly pointless.

It's just SNKP trying to milk the cow, I guess.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
J0e Musashi said:
Metal Slug can only be played properly with an arcade stick or very good 8-way d-pad and three buttons that don't kill your fingers. Anything else will wear thin within about 5 minutes."

http://www.kfj.f2s.com/revolution-controller-2.jpg

You're a retard.

I'm looking forward to it. I hope that I can throw another Wii controller at the screen and have it respond by throwing a grenade.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Meh. I'll take the PSP Metal Slug compilation, kthx.
And I'm dissapointed in the thread title. It should have been, "SNK Playmore Takes A Wii"... :angry:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
taitai said:
http://www.kfj.f2s.com/revolution-controller-2.jpg

You're a retard.

I'm looking forward to it. I hope that I can throw another Wii controller at the screen and have it respond by throwing a grenade.

I think you're a retard actually.

For starters that pic isn't even real. Secondly the game will use the Wii's motion controller, and thirdly I was quoting what somebody else had said.

Don't you want new games? No wonder gaming has become stale when the best that can be mustered is a 10-year-old title, which uses a control method that is inferior to when it first came out.

Honestly, you should read a post properly before you try some sort of lame flame.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
J0e Musashi said:
I think you're a retard actually.

For starters that pic isn't even real.

Yes, it's a mockup. Nintendo has stated that they are going to release a shell for classic games.

Secondly the game will use the Wii's motion controller, and thirdly I was quoting what somebody else had said.

So? Doesn't mean that you don't have that option. And yes you were quoting someone but you were using thier words to express what you wanted to say. So you said it asshole.

Don't you want new games? No wonder gaming has become stale when the best that can be mustered is a 10-year-old title, which uses a control method that is inferior to when it first came out.

Yes, I do. However, I do enjoy the concept of revisiting a gaming concept when a new concept comes along.

Honestly, you should read a post properly before you try some sort of lame flame.

And you should get the stick out of your ass before posting about a game that you haven't even played on a console that's not even out yet.

Last edited: