Blood in Metal Slug 6

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I attempted to do a search on the term "Blood in Metal Slug 6", however the search script bombed out due to too many results, I overloaded the memory.

Anyhow, whats the deal with the blood in this game? Every screenshot and video I've seen has the grey/white blood in it. Can you enable red blood? I'd be pretty damn pissed if I dropped $800 for censored metal slug....

-Bill

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
no blood in Guilty Gear X ver1.5, no blood/fatalities in SSXI, and no blood in MS6. sais alot about Sammy/SNK/Sega/Japan atm.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Good to know so I dont' waste almost $1k on a censored piece of trash. I'll wait for the PS2/ emulated version to play this.

Thanks for the info dude

=B

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Oh, wow. I was actually getting interested in the AW! But now that the games are censored, I can just forget it! :crying:

Last edited:

JimmyGeo

n00b
I have been interested in getting an AW but I didn't realize every game was censored. :very_ang:
I was hoping that the white/red blood was controlled from dip switches.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Every game isn't censored. Blood dips exist in a number of titles. In others you can't even turn it off. I don't really see how it takes away from the gameplay. I'm not sure that a PS2 version would include the blood either.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Now, is it censored if there wasn't supposed to be blood in the first place?

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
KoF:XI has a good amount of blood, especialy Oswald. Hell, look at Eiji, Iori, and others get the blood really flowing....

When I popped in KoF:XI the first time tho, I did not get any blood, I had to go into the settings and put it into Japanese region/English language and I got all the blood, Whips gun, etc, and subs in English.

Has anyone tried to put the game into Japanese region/English language to see if MS6 becomes uncensored?

Just a thought,

AJ

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
ajk1080 said:
Has anyone tried to put the game into Japanese region/English language to see if MS6 becomes uncensored?

Just a thought,

AJ
Yep still no blood.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
billd420 said:
I'd be pretty damn pissed if I dropped $800 for censored metal slug....

-Bill

I would be pissed to drop 800 on any game.

If there was no blood in the design, then it is not "censored"

Hank Dryly

n00b
Metal Slug with white mystery fluid instead of red blood is censored, even if the original arcade version is like that.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
J0e Musashi said:
Every game isn't censored. Blood dips exist in a number of titles. In others you can't even turn it off. I don't really see how it takes away from the gameplay. I'm not sure that a PS2 version would include the blood either.

It doesnt do a lot to gameplay, but when you play a game, you want to play it as the programmers intended. Censorship sucks.

To be honest, I think the A/W sucks too... its a shame, but its a fact.

TylerDurden6282

Armored Scrum Object
What is the logic in not including blood anyways? I mean its not like the game is suddenly non-violent.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Seems strange to censor blood in a cartoony game, especially in a post GTA world. Its not like any of the games are even serious.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Mmmh, well, if the PS2 port has blood, I'll buy it.

If not, I think I'll stick with the Atomiswave.

El Cernex

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Censorship in a 2d cartoon gfx game in 2006 LOL.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
beh3moth said:
It doesnt do a lot to gameplay, but when you play a game, you want to play it as the programmers intended. Censorship sucks.

To be honest, I think the A/W sucks too... its a shame, but its a fact.

Amen! Atomiswave is just too damn expensive for the lineup of games...

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Fighter17 said:
Don't forget it's almost dead. :(

No man you forget extreme hunting 2, teh long awaited sequel to a game that no 1 has heard of :kekeke:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
RGP said:
No man you forget extreme hunting 2, teh long awaited sequel to a game that no 1 has heard of :kekeke:
oh gosh.. well.. that's how much you know. the first one was actually quite popular in the US where this type of game gets the most play - infact from what I've read alot of places have replaced more traditional arcade cabs with shooting games of this variety. it may be a crap concept, but I bet the idea is to make money from it.

TylerDurden6282

Armored Scrum Object
The kind of people who play it are the same kind of people who went to see the Larry the Cable Guy movie.