Moving a 6-slot into the house

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I need to move a Big Red 6-slot into my basement, but obviously the cabinet is wider than the door. I have no problem taking the monitor and elctronics out, but has anyone ever diassembled the cabinet itself? I need someone with previous experience so I know what I'm getting myself into.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Please don't think I am being sarcastic, because I'm not, but good luck with that. I don't think it is going to be possible.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
LOL. Seriously 3 of us at the auction considered buying the six slot at the last super auction. It only went for $350, but none of us would have been able to fit through the doors. I would have been able to put it in the garage, but the weather would have gotten to it. Word of Advice: never get a cab that you know you won't be able to fit through the door.

From what I've seen inside neo cabs, they're only kept together with nails and wood glue, and maybe some wood biscuits. I would try to find a good glue dissolvent and try using a prybar. You will probably have to remove some of the vinyl siding to get to any nails/screws underneath.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Make the doors bigger heh. Its that, or rip apart the cab to make it smaller :P

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
How much room do you lack?

Maybe you could take the control panel portion apart or even take the door off the hinges to get enough room.

RJ

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
If I remember right the top portion is 42 inches wide, I don't remember though.

neotopia

n00b
This will not be much help but it is one of the reasons why I bought a 6-slot MB to replace a 2-slot cab.

good luck