MVS exellent boxes in ARCADESHOCK

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Totally off the topic, where did you find the image you use on the 2 alots mvs in the picture and its painted or its a stick or something like that?

MarkOfTheMike

Banned
Funny thing is they been listed several days and no one has bought any

Kind of weird

I would think Dion would be salivating at the thought of Neo Geo Freaked MVS kits.

LOL

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
They are not the regular boxes, so i wouldn't be interested - and the only reason to buy would be to make up some freaked kits like Mike says.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
hmm. I'd rather get shock boxes. I wonder if Bill would get a few knowing that he prints the labels anyway?

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Hah I'm all set on those boxes. They are apparently thicker than original MVS boxes. I try to use all SNK parts/ pieces when assembeling my kits if available. At the moment I've got a ton of SNK MVS Boxes, so I'll use those up for now.

-B

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
MarkOfTheMike said:
I would think Dion would be salivating at the thought of Neo Geo Freaked MVS kits.
I thought his game was AES.

Your MVS looks great, but personally I would never want something that fanboyed out in my living room.

aria

Former Moderator
Can I just say something?

I don't get the obsession with these particular boxes. I also don't think most arcade ops do either. They were meant to be abused and discarded and yet when the MVS-complete craze really hit around 2002ish people have been wanting these unattractive things. Yeah, you heard me: unattractive temp-containers, that's what they were meant to be.

You can at least convince me that some of you are willing to pay premiums for the insert/quality cases, manuals that home carts have, but these...these? In any situation I don't understand why some of you collector-lemmings go after these things.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I agree. Most of my collection is loose carts. I don't really care. I'm only willing to pay a small premium for a complete kit. The kit is not about the box itself -- to me seeing the complete pack just helps reassure me that the cart itself is in good condition and working order. It only helps the collectability a little bit, although other people's obsession also helps the resellability.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Bobak said:
Can I just say something?

I don't get the obsession with these particular boxes. I also don't think most arcade ops do either. They were meant to be abused and discarded and yet when the MVS-complete craze really hit around 2002ish people have been wanting these unattractive things. Yeah, you heard me: unattractive temp-containers, that's what they were meant to be.

You can at least convince me that some of you are willing to pay premiums for the insert/quality cases, manuals that home carts have, but these...these? In any situation I don't understand why some of you collector-lemmings go after these things.

Bobak,

If they were meant to be abused and tossed around, why did every box have a unique matching serial number on it? A kit isn't complete so to speak unless you have the original box (this applies to other arcade games too). From a collector's standpoint, I want all of my stuff to be complete or as complete as possible. Loose carts and imcomplete kits just don't cut it for me. I think the reason the boxes are so desirable is due to the fact that arcade ops did just that, they tossed them around and ditched them when the games were installed. Due to this, there are a very limited amount in circulation.

-B

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
these boxes aren't the original boxes , so they hold little value other than a carrying case even if you print off matching labels for them. I'd rather get a shock box anyway. At least they are sturdy and look cool.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
First off, I know that the boxes that Trieu (arcadeshock) sells are fakes, I'm the one that pointed that out in this thread.

Second, most of the kits in my collection are original labels w/ matching serials. Granted I can print off nice labels, I generally keep it original in my collection.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
The boxes are identical to the originals and are also cardboard made, it’s not like a fake label, you can use them to substitute a beat up, nasty-looking box, that’s the idea, end of story.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
I don't buy kits on the whole either, the only two I own are Shock Troopers because it's my favorite neo game so I wanted the complete kit and MS4 because it was new and cheap so I picked up the kit. Every other game I own is loose and I really couldn't care less, so long as they're legit carts, are clean and work well.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
Bobak,

If they were meant to be abused and tossed around, why did every box have a unique matching serial number on it?
Inventory. To keep track of them. You're still thinking like a collector, instead of someone in business, or who has to work in manufacturing or a busy warehouse. Do you think the people who made and handled these really gave a crap?

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
El Capitan said:
No they're not - they state this at the website.

:spock: :spock: :spock:

...The size of these boxes are exactly the same size as the MVS boxes you find on most kits, but the quality far exceeds you find in most MVS Kit boxes. These are more durable it seems... :rolleyes:

aria

Former Moderator
billd420 said:
Bobak,

If they were meant to be abused and tossed around, why did every box have a unique matching serial number on it? A kit isn't complete so to speak unless you have the original box (this applies to other arcade games too). From a collector's standpoint, I want all of my stuff to be complete or as complete as possible. Loose carts and imcomplete kits just don't cut it for me. I think the reason the boxes are so desirable is due to the fact that arcade ops did just that, they tossed them around and ditched them when the games were installed. Due to this, there are a very limited amount in circulation.

-B

Uh... let's review what you just said:
  • "If they were meant to be abused and tossed around, why did every box have a unique matching serial number on it?"
  • " I think the reason the boxes are so desirable is due to the fact that arcade ops did just that, they tossed them around and ditched them when the games were installed."
So you basically agreed with me on their purpose, at first I thought you weren't. As Neo Alec said, they're for inventory --there's a reason why many bootlegs and/or other shady grey market MVS carts have their serials taken off.

I agree, this is the perfect storm for creating a collector's market. Thing is, there was barely any such market in the MVS area pre-2002. I can vividly remember the first time I saw someone was even into that aspect.

Again, I just don't see the appeal: the actual MVS cartridges are ugly, the artwork (when included) is nice but not really practical unless you use them on a cab, and the exterior box (the most prominent "display" portion) is the blandest part of the package (hence the creation of the whole shock-box market)... not really what I would consider desireable attributes for collecting.

inside/outside

, , incessant fucktard, ,
I did'nt know mvs collecting got so hardcore that an original vs. replacement box was looked at like freaking an aes game.
Interesting.

aria

Former Moderator
inside/outside said:
I did'nt know mvs collecting got so hardcore that an original vs. replacement box was looked at like freaking an aes game.
Interesting.
Hah, just wait until people start arguing about original bubble packaging... you know its coming in this freak-market.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Pep said:
:spock: :spock: :spock:

...The size of these boxes are exactly the same size as the MVS boxes you find on most kits, but the quality far exceeds you find in most MVS Kit boxes. These are more durable it seems... :rolleyes:
Exactly. So that quote is saying they are a different quality!

:rolleyes:

Anyway - who cares - it's MVS!