KoF XI PS2 trailer

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xi/

(click the PS2 option on the bottom)

Shows off some great features including Challenge Mode (like others are saying, best comparable to Guilty Gear X2), Color Edit (you can actually edit projectiles now, YAY), some gorgeous looking 3D BGs, and some of the NBC Roster thrown in and other stuff.

This is definetely looking to be their best Arcade to Console port yet :buttrock:

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SWEET!

Im slowly starting to get interested in XI. And its sad that the port had to do this.

a_bomb

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Mai, Geese, Another Kyo, Tung Fu Ru, Robert, Hotaru, and Mr Big are in there too :drool_2:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
hanafudaX said:
Mai, Geese, Another Kyo, Tung Fu Ru, Robert, Hotaru, and Mr Big are in there too :drool_2:

I knew Mai was going to be put back in, but it's awesome seeing Hotaru and Tung being put into the roster!

This is going to be the ultimate KOF game, KOF XI already rocks, and the PS2 version will be even better. :D

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Looks like I will need to get a JPN PS2 by summer!!!

GAMEFAN

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Lyte Edge said:
I knew Mai was going to be put back in, but it's awesome seeing Hotaru and Tung being put into the roster!

This is going to be the ultimate KOF game, KOF XI already rocks, and the PS2 version will be even better. :D

For sure. Some new backgrounds and BGMs (including an Athena stage and song), gallery, additional modes, a new fine tuned balance system, colour edit, new characters and playable boss characters.... :)

I am concerned about the loading though. Bearing in mind it has to load all data for 6 characters at a time, I figure the load is going to be a long one.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Glad they updated their color-edit program, was getting tired of using the same program for SVC, KOF 2003, and NGBC.

Speaking of NGBC, so many characters from that game are in XI now, I doubt NGBC will get a sequel....:crying:

Anyway, XI s another case of port > arcade.

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
hanafudaX said:
I am concerned about the loading though. Bearing in mind it has to load all data for 6 characters at a time, I figure the load is going to be a long one.

Well, even the arcade version has 8 seconds or so of loading time. But they didn't have a problem with KOF 2003 on PS2, so normally I wouldn't be worried...

...but then there's NGBC. :)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This is just lovely. They've put my lovely Geese in this game. Thats all I need. SNK is totally getting their act together. Unfortunately I haven't played the Arcade version because arcades pretty much don't exist here in Germany(whats wrong with this place?) but I get totally spoiled with the home release.

By the way what is challenge mode? Is it like the GG mode with the medals?

I am going to be one broke ass bastard this summer. I have entirely too many games that I HAVE TO BUY. KOF Orochi, AOF collection, Alpha Generations, and KOF XI.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Oh my god.. Mr. Big + Duck King + Eiji = Super Happy Cynn KOF funtime.

WOW does this look good! Please lord give me an Xbox 360 version...

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Violent Ryo said:
Speaking of NGBC, so many characters from that game are in XI now, I doubt NGBC will get a sequel....:crying:

I doubt thats a possibility since none of the original characters from NGBC made it in. All the characters added have appeared elsewhere.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Diavle18 said:
I doubt thats a possibility since none of the original characters from NGBC made it in. All the characters added have appeared elsewhere.

Well, as far as I remember the only original chars in NGBC were Yuki and Ai, all the rest were from other SNK games... I still think NGBC will have its own sequel.

KOF XI really rocks, I tried the AW version last week and I loved it, the PS2 port will be good too so I'm looking forward to it.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Amano Jacu said:
Well, as far as I remember the only original chars in NGBC were Yuki and Ai, all the rest were from other SNK games... I still think NGBC will have its own sequel.

The little girl controlling a robot isn't an original character?

In a way Marco too was original.

The way I see it is KOF is pretty much its own series now and NGBC will fullfil its original purpose.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Diavle18 said:
The little girl controlling a robot isn't an original character?

In a way Marco too was original.

The way I see it is KOF is pretty much its own series now and NGBC will fullfil its original purpose.

Yuki, Ai, and Goodman are the only true original characters in NGBC in that they are the only original character designs. I'm not sure about the little girl, but Cyberwoo is from King Of The Monsters.

I believe an SNK staff member said in an interview that sales would determine whether or not NGBC gets a sequel.

I hope it does, and I hope they branch out and pull characters from more non-fighting games, as well as more characters NOT from the mainstream Neo fighters.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Even Yuki and Ai aren't original characters created for NGBC.

They were in some NGPC game years ago.

The reason I feel that way about NGBC is cuz some of those incarnations were specially for NGBC itself. Prime example: Robert.

I don't know, maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe I'm not. Can't really explain myself more clearly. Just seeing NGBC characters rushing XI makes me think no NGBC 2.

Oh well, back to XI, if you have ever liked a KOF or thought about getting into it or are a current fan or even a 2D fighter fan, you owe it to urself to import this incredible fighter.

I really mean it. It's not just me, there are so many people out of nowhere commending this game. Even some MvCers are playing this.

I think even kernow will like this...:kekeke:

Last edited:
H

hermegildo

Thank god for '99 Kyo.

I would've preferred some good 2D backgrounds over crappy 3D ones, but beggars can't be choosers.

It's good that they tweak balance issues in ports.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Man, does this game look good. Can't wait for the summer to come. The addition of the secret characters really makes the package sweeter.

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
That video is insane. Finally we get a new KOF and not another rehash like Neo Wave. Geeeeesssssse!!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:

This is pretty awesome. Between this and the appearance of B.Jenet, Kim, Geese and Richard Meyer in Maximum Impact 2, it seems that SNK-P is FINALLY realizing that there is still PLENTY of love for the old characters.

In my opinion, Andy, Joe, Mai, Takuma and Robert should NEVER be left out of any game daring to call itself 'King of Fighters', and they ESPECIALLY should not be left out to make room for some of these newer characters that simply suck ballz. With any luck, Andy and Joe will also show up as secret characters in these games before it's all said and done.

Already have my copy pre-reserved with NCS.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I regards to what characters are or aren't original, I stand corrected.

Still though, I could have sworn Yuki and Ai were original. Oh well.

Taiso said:
This is pretty awesome. Between this and the appearance of B.Jenet, Kim, Geese and Richard Meyer in Maximum Impact 2, it seems that SNK-P is FINALLY realizing that there is still PLENTY of love for the old characters.

In my opinion, Andy, Joe, Mai, Takuma and Robert should NEVER be left out of any game daring to call itself 'King of Fighters', and they ESPECIALLY should not be left out to make room for some of these newer characters that simply suck ballz. With any luck, Andy and Joe will also show up as secret characters in these games before it's all said and done.

Already have my copy pre-reserved with NCS.

Actually I was hoping Andy, Joe and Mai would be removed because in my eyes they became too dated (in the gameplay dept in particular). Takuma got revamped in 2k2 and was hella fun to use (the only time I used him) so he's cool.

I personally saw Gai as a substitute to Joe. He's pretty cool and unique from the match vid I've seen of him.