Fatal Fury PS2 Collection release date

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
July 27th

Any guesses as to which games these will be?

Probably Fatal Fury 1-3, and hopefully Special is included.

Last edited:

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I should really look into purchasing a Japanese Ps2. All the good games seem to be released for them! These games look quite promising.

a_bomb

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Or look for a modded PS2 like I did (found it on this forum too), and have no problems playing anything.

The Matrix Infinity chip is really good.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
So far all I ever hear is that the Jap ports suck....some slip by as decent, but most I have heard are pretty bad. I thought about it too for a bit....but screw it.... unless I found a deal

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
LOL whats the point when you can get the perfect neo versions for next to nothing ¬_¬

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I already have the FF series on MVS but in the event I find myself far from my cab Its just a PS2 away:drool:

a_bomb

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
so whats the release date?

I can't see the link due to work filters.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
July 27.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it ... ported like KOF2k3 or emulated like The Last Blade.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Neo a_bomb said:
I already have the FF series on MVS but in the event I find myself far from my cab Its just a PS2 away:drool:

a_bomb
Neo CD.

THere.

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have a neo cd but I only have ff3 and real bout(of the ff series) and theres a really good chance I might be selling it..... I really like my mvs collection though. but as a fan of the garou series I think this would be a nice collectors item for pictures and all, and to get other people into it by reccomending the PS2 version:smirk:

a_bomb

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The thing I really want to know is if the limited NEO stick that comes with the orochi collection will work with a- other games like this ff collection and art of fighting and b- a north american ps2?

Does someine know?
It should be the same.

a_bomb

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Neo a_bomb said:
The thing I really want to know is if the limited NEO stick that comes with the orochi collection will work with a- other games like this ff collection and art of fighting and b- a north american ps2?

Does someine know?
It should be the same.

a_bomb
Yes and probably.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Neo a_bomb said:

Does someine know?
It should be the same.

a_bomb

Yeah the controller should work. I have a NEO 2 and the MOTW controllers and they work fine on most fighting games.

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Chacranajxy said:
The game won't work with a NA PS2. Grab the swap magic discs and you'll be able to play imports though.

Yeah I knew about the game not working I was just wondering about the controller. If it works for games like CVS2 and other kof games on PS. which it should.

a_bomb

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
they say it's a "volume 1" i wonder if volume 2 will be
real bout
real bout special
real bout 2
and hoping to fucking jesus god real bout special: dominated mind.

thousands can only wish.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
NeoEsZ said:
they say it's a "volume 1" i wonder if volume 2 will be
real bout
real bout special
real bout 2

thousands can only wish.

While it would be neat to include a version of Dominated Mind in a Real Bout 'classic collection', I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The collections will probably only be the Neo Geo titles.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
NeoEsZ said:

Why?
That game was horrible.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Taiso said:
While it would be neat to include a version of Dominated Mind in a Real Bout 'classic collection', I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The collections will probably only be the Neo Geo titles.

I kind of hope they could go by the NeoCD version of RealBout Special and add the extra Blue Mary Sound Art. I'd be a very happy man. But the game by itself with maybe the AST and no loading is good enough for me.

JLoZeppelie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Im really wating for this collection especially the Real Bout games, for me,
very underrated and infinitely better than motw BIG overrated :buttrock:

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
elaborate as to why dominated mind was so bad.

i never played it, but the anime cutscene, all the screens, and alfred and white looked really, really cool. Alfred's one of my favorite designs of the real bout world.

i still think kof should have a newcomer team