PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Fury PS2 Collection release date

Violent Ryo
04-19-2006, 11:03 AM
July 27th (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1rpn-49-en-84-j-70-1byl.html)

Any guesses as to which games these will be?

Probably Fatal Fury 1-3, and hopefully Special is included.

Neo a_bomb
04-19-2006, 11:10 AM
I should really look into purchasing a Japanese Ps2. All the good games seem to be released for them! These games look quite promising.

a_bomb

Violent Ryo
04-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Or look for a modded PS2 like I did (found it on this forum too), and have no problems playing anything.

The Matrix Infinity chip is really good.

Konig
04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
So far all I ever hear is that the Jap ports suck....some slip by as decent, but most I have heard are pretty bad. I thought about it too for a bit....but screw it.... unless I found a deal

soulthug
04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
LOL whats the point when you can get the perfect neo versions for next to nothing _

Neo a_bomb
04-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I already have the FF series on MVS but in the event I find myself far from my cab Its just a PS2 away:drool:

a_bomb

cafu1982
04-19-2006, 01:23 PM
so whats the release date?

I can't see the link due to work filters.

Murray
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
July 27.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it ... ported like KOF2k3 or emulated like The Last Blade.

soulthug
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
I already have the FF series on MVS but in the event I find myself far from my cab Its just a PS2 away:drool:

a_bomb
Neo CD.

THere.

SouthtownKid
04-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Neo CD.

THere.Easier to take a CD to a friend's house than a console and CD. Stop douching.

Neo a_bomb
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I have a neo cd but I only have ff3 and real bout(of the ff series) and theres a really good chance I might be selling it..... I really like my mvs collection though. but as a fan of the garou series I think this would be a nice collectors item for pictures and all, and to get other people into it by reccomending the PS2 version:smirk:

a_bomb

Neo a_bomb
04-19-2006, 01:56 PM
The thing I really want to know is if the limited NEO stick that comes with the orochi collection will work with a- other games like this ff collection and art of fighting and b- a north american ps2?

Does someine know?
It should be the same.

a_bomb

soulthug
04-19-2006, 02:12 PM
The thing I really want to know is if the limited NEO stick that comes with the orochi collection will work with a- other games like this ff collection and art of fighting and b- a north american ps2?

Does someine know?
It should be the same.

a_bomb
Yes and probably.

Mr.Nemoperson
04-19-2006, 02:13 PM

Does someine know?
It should be the same.

a_bomb

Yeah the controller should work. I have a NEO 2 and the MOTW controllers and they work fine on most fighting games.

Neo a_bomb
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
shityeah ! Im gonna cop one of these prontito.

Thanks!

a_bomb

Chacranajxy
04-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes and probably.

The game won't work with a NA PS2. Grab the swap magic discs and you'll be able to play imports though.

Neo a_bomb
04-19-2006, 03:44 PM
The game won't work with a NA PS2. Grab the swap magic discs and you'll be able to play imports though.

Yeah I knew about the game not working I was just wondering about the controller. If it works for games like CVS2 and other kof games on PS. which it should.

a_bomb

NeoEsZ
04-19-2006, 05:25 PM
they say it's a "volume 1" i wonder if volume 2 will be
real bout
real bout special
real bout 2
and hoping to fucking jesus god real bout special: dominated mind.

thousands can only wish.

Taiso
04-23-2006, 08:51 AM
they say it's a "volume 1" i wonder if volume 2 will be
real bout
real bout special
real bout 2

thousands can only wish.

While it would be neat to include a version of Dominated Mind in a Real Bout 'classic collection', I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The collections will probably only be the Neo Geo titles.

HellioN
04-23-2006, 09:13 AM

Why?
That game was horrible.

Domino-chan
04-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Why?
That game was horrible.

Hey Dominated Mind was worth the 10 second Billy anime clip. :D

Cain Highwind
04-23-2006, 03:10 PM
While it would be neat to include a version of Dominated Mind in a Real Bout 'classic collection', I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The collections will probably only be the Neo Geo titles.

I kind of hope they could go by the NeoCD version of RealBout Special and add the extra Blue Mary Sound Art. I'd be a very happy man. But the game by itself with maybe the AST and no loading is good enough for me.

JLoZeppelie
04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Im really wating for this collection especially the Real Bout games, for me,
very underrated and infinitely better than motw BIG overrated :buttrock:

NeoEsZ
04-23-2006, 10:33 PM
elaborate as to why dominated mind was so bad.

i never played it, but the anime cutscene, all the screens, and alfred and white looked really, really cool. Alfred's one of my favorite designs of the real bout world.

i still think kof should have a newcomer team

CarlosZ
04-24-2006, 02:23 AM
who should we kill to have all those ps2 ports come to america? :angry:

Taiso
04-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Why?
That game was horrible.

It wasn't that bad. The things that make it a unique entry in the FF series make it worth owning if you a fan of the Garoudensetsu/Fatal Fury characters and storyline.

Was Alfred ever playable in any game besides this? I just don't remember...

Hey Dominated Mind was worth the 10 second Billy anime clip.

Yeah, definitely one of the cool novelties of the game were the animated clips.

I kind of hope they could go by the NeoCD version of RealBout Special and add the extra Blue Mary Sound Art. I'd be a very happy man. But the game by itself with maybe the AST and no loading is good enough for me.

I remember the Sega Saturn also having that Blue Mary Sound Art and ending sequence. Very cool addition, and a little bit of trivia for afficionados of the series.

tsukaesugi
04-24-2006, 07:50 AM
If this collection is anything like the Last Blade one the games will probably all be emulated from the MVS, which would mean no Dominated Mind (or soundtrack / anime extras). The original PS port Last Blade intro anime* was left out of the PS2 Last Blade collection.

*done by the same studio as the Dominated Mind and DC KOF99 anime, I forget the name... Sunrise? Sunsomething or other

HellioN
04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
i never played it....

Stop right there.

Matarick
04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I just hope the PS3 can run PS2 games on a virtual overclocked mode because I am just baffled on why on earth would a game publisher would want to published inferiorly produced emulation on retail software? Is SNK Playmore too cheap to afford Digital Eclipse or something? Here's to the future and hope Playmore does it right this time.

NeoEsZ
04-25-2006, 01:40 AM
Alfred is playable on a hacked RB2, and he is also playable on the NGPC fatal fury: first contact game, but you have to go through a ridiculous amount of trouble to get him. (from what I remember).

Taiso
04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Alfred is playable on a hacked RB2, and he is also playable on the NGPC fatal fury: first contact game, but you have to go through a ridiculous amount of trouble to get him. (from what I remember).

Well, that's kind of a shame. Personally, I always though Xiangfe was the worst, most typical and cliched of the three RB2 characters. I really thought she didn't merit all of the extra exposure she got and was just an average design. Meanwhile, Rick Stroud and Alfred, much cooler designs, got short shrift.

Why the fuck weren't Rick Stroud and Alfred put in some KOFs as playable characters? Both were awesome.

Too bad they aren't in MI 2 or the PS2 KOF XI.

Yes, I know Vanessa has a number of Rick's moves, but it needs to be said:

Rick Stroud > Vanessa

NeoEsZ
04-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Like I said, they could always do a Newcomer Team:
Alfred, Rick, Xiangfei
And I happen to love all three designs.

Violent Ryo
05-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Cover art:

http://image4.play-asia.com/350/PA.62157.001.jpg (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1rpn-71-40-49-en-84-j-70-1byl.html)

Hell yeah, Special is included!

Murray
05-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I just hope the PS3 can run PS2 games on a virtual overclocked mode because I am just baffled on why on earth would a game publisher would want to published inferiorly produced emulation on retail software? Is SNK Playmore too cheap to afford Digital Eclipse or something? Here's to the future and hope Playmore does it right this time.I think they mentioned before that they aren't doing Hyper 64 ports due to lack of the original code. They'd have to go hunt down copies of all the boards and then emulate them. These emulated releases could be due to the same problem.

These Fatal Fury games are old enough that they probably don't have the source to port any more or it's low-level enough (lots of assembler, etc.) that porting would be a lot more work than emulating.

Hopefully they can get the sound issues worked out, though. That was my biggest problem with the Last Blade ... they compressed the samples so much they sounded like ass.

fatal fury fan #2
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Cover art:

http://image4.play-asia.com/350/PA.62157.001.jpg (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1rpn-71-40-49-en-84-j-70-1byl.html)

WOW! :eek: Fucking great art! billy looks badass! same gos for the other bosses :buttrock:

YeldellGW
05-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Cover art:

Would it have killed them to find some place to stick Andy and Joe in there?!

Another nice cover, despite that one annoying flaw.

Kaioh
05-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Awesome! I'm so getting this! I guess Battle Archives 2 will be RB, RBS, and RB2.

TB@SNK-Capcom
05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
It looks liek Laurence Blood and Axel Hawk are stealing the limelight from Andy and Joe on this cover.

fatal fury fan #2
05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Awesome! I'm so getting this! I guess Battle Archives 2 will be RB, RBS, and RB2.

I hope soo. it would be great to see Duck King and Kim on the next cover :D

SouthtownKid
05-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm glad they got that Ogura (sp?) guy to do it instead of Hiroaki. I like his stuff better. And I think someone at some point had said they weren't planning to include FF3; I'm glad that was wrong.

fatal fury fan #2
05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm glad they got that Ogura (sp?) guy to do it instead of Hiroaki. I like his stuff better. And I think someone at some point had said they weren't planning to include FF3; I'm glad that was wrong.

I heard that there wasn't going to be FFS on this collection, I'm glad that it wasn't true :cool:

jeff bogard
05-17-2006, 05:53 PM
outside the kof 97 poster, i haven't seen blue mary elsewhere.

Hopefully she'll make it on the next volume of this collection.

freak
05-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Garou Densetsu Special/Fatal Fury Special was a great game.

It's one of the most popular game in 93.(in Japan and other Asian countries at least)

And the idea of dreammatch that Terry vs Young Ryo which was lead to KOF series, came from this game too.

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/img10072184082.gif

roker
05-18-2006, 04:05 AM
outside the kof 97 poster, i haven't seen blue mary elsewhere.

Hopefully she'll make it on the next volume of this collection.

Fatal Fury 3?

Liquid Snake
05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I already have AES, NeoCD and now I'm gonna get PS2 port :drool_2:

Taiso
05-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Cover art:

*SCREAMS LIKE THE NINTENDO SIXTY FOUR KID!!!!1111!!!!11!!!1!!one!!1111!won!!11!*

That cover is BAD ASS! Definitely the BEST cover for a PS2 release SNK-P's done yet.

Despite the notable absence of Andy and Joe on the cover, it's still a great fucking image. A back shot of Terry with ALL of the Garoudensetsu/Fatal Fury bosses. What a fabulous design!

Holy shit! There's even a special logo for Garoudensetsu's 15th anniversary! RESPECT, BITCHES!

Fucking outstanding. Man, it takes me back.

J0e Musashi
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't get the excitement over these packs. Didn't we play these games 15 years ago? Don't you people have Neo's?

J0e Musashi
I don't get the excitement over these packs. Didn't we play these games 15 years ago? Don't you people have Neo's?

J0e Musashi

J0e Musashi

Magnaflux
05-18-2006, 09:32 AM

One post is enough, noob. :p

Taiso
05-18-2006, 10:46 AM

I don't get the need to take a shit in someone's cornflakes for no good reason or not towards any constructive end.

EDIT: corrected misspelling

Liquid Snake
05-18-2006, 11:03 AM

You're acting like a mockingbird to me.........:D :tickled:

Magnaflux
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't get the need to take a shit in someone cornflakes for no good reason or not towards any constructive end.

He's English, most English are pissy people in general. :kekeke:

J0e Musashi
05-18-2006, 11:27 AM
He's English, most English are pissy people in general. :kekeke:

I'm not being pissy, but people are like "OMG Fatal Fury!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111" It's not like its never been on a non-SNK console before. Why wouldn't Special be on it either? It's a Fatal Fury collection after all. I just don't get the excitment about a bunch of mediocre games. Special is the only decent one there. 3 is too difficult for most people, and 1 and 2 suck.

alec
05-18-2006, 11:42 AM
looks like a cool cover. fatal fury special is awsome. Will these games be playable online outside japan?

Taiso
05-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm not being pissy, but people are like "OMG Fatal Fury!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111" It's not like its never been on a non-SNK console before. Why wouldn't Special be on it either? It's a Fatal Fury collection after all. I just don't get the excitment about a bunch of mediocre games. Special is the only decent one there. 3 is too difficult for most people, and 1 and 2 suck.

I own all the FF games for Neo AES. All are US releases except for RB2, which I wasn't able to get US and had to buy the JAP cart. From Fatal Fury 3 on, I've bought them as new cartridges.

Yeah, I already have them but it's the same thing as with the Ryuuko/AOF collections: I just love seeing the classic games released on new systems and am excited to see them on the market again. Sure, they aren't killer aps and won't make any waves in the industry, but to a long time Garoudensetsu fan like myself, seeing these games being put out again is just an exciting thing for me.

Now stop pooping up the thread~.^

Baseley09
05-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Gonna be worth it for the AST's + slim loading. Awsome > every other format.

NeoEsZ
05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
agreed. the orochi collection was superb.

hanafuda
05-18-2006, 05:33 PM

How can Fatal Fury Special be decent and Fatal Fury 2 suck??

Since when is a game being difficult just cause to rip into it? KOF '95 is difficult. It still rocks.

I'm getting the pack. Primarily to be nostalgic about playing FF Special with the AST, as that was the first NEO game I ever owned: on the NEO CD.

Will be good to have FF3 on there too.

Have never played Fatal Fury 1, so am curious about that one too...

And yeah, the Orochi pack is class.

SouthtownKid
05-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm not being pissy, but people are like "OMG Fatal Fury!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111" It's not like its never been on a non-SNK console before. Why wouldn't Special be on it either? It's a Fatal Fury collection after all. I just don't get the excitment about a bunch of mediocre games.Let's see... you don't like the new games...and you don't like the old games... What were you doing here again?

What J0e Musashi says:

3 is too difficult for most people,
What J0e Musashi means:

I suck.

SpongeBobSNK
05-18-2006, 07:44 PM

OMG Fatal Fury!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneone!!11!!!!!!

...actually, i really like Fatal Fury.

Violent Ryo
05-19-2006, 01:49 AM
LoL, always a controversy with every new release...

Loopz
05-19-2006, 02:28 AM
To me, quite honestly, it's almost MORE important that their awesome older games see the light of day on a modern console rather than an endless stream of KoFs.

Fatal Fury was THE original SNK fighting series.
FFS is still one of the finest fighting games ever created.
I mean, if you prefer the MVS version, awesome. Go play it. No reason to bitch about it in a thread full of people looking forward to it.

Having arranged and original STs is a thing of beauty. I can't wait to hear the rip-roaring Geese theme with real electric guitars again.

tsukaesugi
05-19-2006, 04:24 AM
The whole point of these re-releases is that these old games can now (officially) be played online (in Japan).

The idea isn't to repackage old material and foist it on the consumers for a quick buck -it's a case of taking the classics and give them a resurrection via online play.

Yeah sure, sales are a factor, but this is more than just a case of "big deal, they're trying to sell us the Roms of old and dead games".

People outside of Japan don't get the online experience so it's easy not to realize this.

roker
05-19-2006, 04:46 AM
The whole point of these re-releases is that these old games can now (officially) be played online (in Japan).

The idea isn't to repackage old material and foist it on the consumers for a quick buck -it's a case of taking the classics and give them a resurrection via online play.

Yeah sure, sales are a factor, but this is more than just a case of "big deal, they're trying to sell us the Roms of old and dead games".

People outside of Japan don't get the online experience so it's easy not to realize this.

Holy shit, it's a ninja!

tsukaesugi
05-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Let's see... you don't like the new games...and you don't like the old games... What were you doing here again?

What J0e Musashi says:

3 is too difficult for most people,

What J0e Musashi means:

I suck.

SouthtownKid Angry! SOUTHTOWNKID SMASH!

JLoZeppelie
05-19-2006, 09:09 AM
agreed. the orochi collection was superb.

Simply marvellous man, a lot BETTER than nests saga :mr_t:

freak
06-11-2006, 05:43 AM
New Scoop:

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0606/09/news045.html

YeldellGW
06-11-2006, 09:39 AM
for the people wondering why FFS rocks and 2 sucks, FF2 is the same game as FFS but without choosable bosses (doesnt really matter), without the extra charas (geese, duck & tung), no ryo (so what?), but most importantly, FF2 got NO COMBOS, yes no 2 in 1s, no j+HK - cHK, no HP - burn knuckle, no distand powerwave folowed by burn knuckle hard, not even 2 or 3 light attacks folowing each other up.

Hard for me to be upset over not being able to hit someone with 2 or more weak attacks. Seriously, that's got to be the lamest excuse for a combo there is.

And combos are only useful if you can land them. Against Geese "Counter everything" Howard or the occasional shellhead, you're going to have to change your strategy.

And here's another thing about fighters. Not every character is going to be a combo machine.

Kazuki Dash
06-11-2006, 02:53 PM
but most importantly, FF2 got NO COMBOS, yes no 2 in 1s, no j+HK - cHK, no HP - burn knuckle, no distand powerwave folowed by burn knuckle hard, not even 2 or 3 light attacks folowing each other up.
That's weird cuz with Terry I could always pull off a close standing HP(2 Hits) into Burn Knuckle, Crack Shoot, Power Wave, etc...the biggest difference I found between both games was that Special upped the tempo of the game and made it more combo-friendly, but I wouldn't go so far to say FF2 had no combo ability at all...

I'd say Special is the better choice for Player vs. Player matches, but FF2 was still great as a 1P game...don't forget that it improved on the original FF by leaps and bounds
;)

BIG BEAR
06-11-2006, 03:41 PM
http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/img10072184082.gif
The cover art is fantastic. I'm not too concerned about Andy and Joe missing because it appears that the artist's vision was a Hero's (The primary) struggle against evil however I believe that he should have lined up Geese in the center depicting him staring down with a menacing or psychotic laugh or smile.
-BB

freak
06-11-2006, 11:19 PM
The cover art is fantastic. I'm not too concerned about Andy and Joe missing because it appears that the artist's vision was a Hero's (The primary) struggle against evil however I believe that he should have lined up Geese in the center depicting him staring down with a menacing or psychotic laugh or smile.
-BB

How about this ?

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1117844272-00.jpg

BIG BEAR
06-11-2006, 11:35 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/genesis-reviews/ff-genesis/FatalFurycover.jpg
You probably intended on linking to the Genesis Fatal Fury cover so I helped you out. The artwok is pretty cool but that Geese depiction appears as if he's falling in the finale.
The brim of Terry's hat should shield his eye's in imo.
-BB

How about this ?

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1117844272-00.jpg

freak
06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
New Screenshots. (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060622/gr.htm)

Violent Ryo
06-22-2006, 12:47 AM

Nice.

Sakazaki Ryo in Special FTW!! ;)

freak
07-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Official site is now open. (http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/online/garou_ba1/)

Kiske
07-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Two more days until it's release.

Tron
07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Nice to bad it's missing the real bouts though :(

Still when ever i get my ps2 modded maybe i'll pick it up for,Fatal Fury on the go.

Kiske
07-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Nice to bad it's missing the real bouts though :(

Still when ever i get my ps2 modded maybe i'll pick it up for,Fatal Fury on the go.

Milking the franchises to get as much money as they can. SNK and Capcom are kind of on an even playing field as far as releasing old compilations, but at least SNK still gives a flying fuck about new iterations and games. Capcom has hinted they still might give a shit with it's Alpha Anthology release.

Darkneo
07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Can't wait to play them. got my coming to me from Play-asia, hopefully i get the the game on friday. it looks sweet :drool_2:

Lyte Edge
07-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Tomorrow's the day! I'm not worried; should be another great quality port, and the FF games have always had awesome arranged soundtracks. FF3 arrange FOR THE WIN. :D But what I really want is Volume 2, with the Real Bouts...

Capcom has hinted they still might give a shit with it's Alpha Anthology release.

Capcom has done nothing but release ports and rehashes using older sprites (see Hyper SF2, Capcom Fighting Jam) since 2001. I don't understand WHY they don't make a NEW GAME of some sort, since demand is clearly still around for a new fighter. If sprites are really a issue, GO 3D. I know Capcom Fighting All-Stars didn't make it past testing; just make a 3D game with 2D play mechanics. Capcom has done it before, but it's been years, so let's see what they can do now.

Kiske
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Tomorrow's the day! I'm not worried; should be another great quality port, and the FF games have always had awesome arranged soundtracks. FF3 arrange FOR THE WIN. :D But what I really want is Volume 2, with the Real Bouts...

Capcom has done nothing but release ports and rehashes using older sprites (see Hyper SF2, Capcom Fighting Jam) since 2001. I don't understand WHY they don't make a NEW GAME of some sort, since demand is clearly still around for a new fighter. If sprites are really a issue, GO 3D. I know Capcom Fighting All-Stars didn't make it past testing; just make a 3D game with 2D play mechanics. Capcom has done it before, but it's been years, so let's see what they can do now.

What was inlcuded in Anthology still makes me think that they may still give a damn about fighters by including arranges and the isms. In most of their ports however, they don't bother going out of the way to include anything of worth/ replay value. They do as little as possible to rake in as much as they can. It maybe wishful thinking to hope for more 2d fighters or 3d games with 2d play mechanics or even a SF4, but we'll see.

Lyte Edge
07-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Today's the day! I'll post impressions of the game after work later on this afternoon.

What was inlcuded in Anthology still makes me think that they may still give a damn about fighters by including arranges and the isms. In most of their ports however, they don't bother going out of the way to include anything of worth/ replay value. They do as little as possible to rake in as much as they can.

Capcom has always added new stuff to the Alpha games every time they port them; Alpha 3 PSX/Saturn/DC got a whole bunch of new stuff, SFA3 GBA got three more characters, and the PSP Alpha 3 got another character plus more new modes. They even created a "new" character for Vampire Collection on PS2 with Dee, but that's not the issue. They continue to avoid making anything remotely NEW. True SS Tenka, NGBC, and KOF XI reuse a lot of sprites, but they also have new characters and moves. Capcom can't even be bothered to do that. There's also brand new sprite-based games like Hokuto No Ken and the Melty Blood games. Capcom hasn't made a brand new fighting series since *1997* with Street Fighter III and JoJo's, and back then, 2D was far more popular than it is now. All they've done are crossover games and rehashes/sequels since that time.

It maybe wishful thinking to hope for more 2d fighters or 3d games with 2d play mechanics or even a SF4, but we'll see.

SNK keeps the dream alive with KOF Maximum Impact 2. :) You could also count last year's The Rumblefish 2. Capcom can easily do something similar; hell just port Rival School 2/Project Justice or Star Gladiator 2 to the PS2 or PSP. They're already porting both Powerstone games to PSP, so why not get the rest of those DC fighters rereleased too?

SML
07-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey, maybe everyone will be playable in FF1.

..Beyond that, maybe FF1 will be playable.

Kiske
07-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Today's the day! I'll post impressions of the game after work later on this afternoon.

Capcom has always added new stuff to the Alpha games every time they port them; Alpha 3 PSX/Saturn/DC got a whole bunch of new stuff, SFA3 GBA got three more characters, and the PSP Alpha 3 got another character plus more new modes. They even created a "new" character for Vampire Collection on PS2 with Dee, but that's not the issue. They continue to avoid making anything remotely NEW. True SS Tenka, NGBC, and KOF XI reuse a lot of sprites, but they also have new characters and moves. Capcom can't even be bothered to do that. There's also brand new sprite-based games like Hokuto No Ken and the Melty Blood games. Capcom hasn't made a brand new fighting series since *1997* with Street Fighter III and JoJo's, and back then, 2D was far more popular than it is now. All they've done are crossover games and rehashes/sequels since that time.

SNK keeps the dream alive with KOF Maximum Impact 2. :) You could also count last year's The Rumblefish 2. Capcom can easily do something similar; hell just port Rival School 2/Project Justice or Star Gladiator 2 to the PS2 or PSP. They're already porting both Powerstone games to PSP, so why not get the rest of those DC fighters rereleased too?

I agree that Capcom lacks complete motivation to do anything new, that venture has seemingly long since passed, unfortunatley. Obviously, the only thing keeping the reiterations going are the fans who buy them, which is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand it shows Capcom there's still interest, but at the same time it seems like there's more of an incentive to keep being lazy bastards and releasing the same damn game with extras. With Anthology though, it wasn't just limited to adding characters, but adding in other mechanics, like the marvelism, CFE, 3rd Strike, etc in Hyper. It's a possible step in the right direction, but I agree at the end of the day it's all just candy coating with no real NEW innovation.

Thankfully, there is SNK who despite their dated material, still have the persistence to make new attemtps. It's going to be interesting to see how SNK will work with the Wii.

Beyond that, maybe FF1 will be playable

Heh.. we wish.

derboo
07-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Does the SFA Anthology have Guile in SFA3? The GBA or PSP Characters?

Probably not, i think. But i just wanted to ask...

Lyte Edge
07-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Okay, got Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1, and it's ALL GOOD PEOPLE! Another great port. I saw today that NCS says FF1 has "tingy" voices; I think they just don't remember, it sounds exactly the same as the original.

Nothing much else to say; if you want to play FF1-3 on your PS2, you're all set. :)

Does the SFA Anthology have Guile in SFA3? The GBA or PSP Characters?

Probably not, i think. But i just wanted to ask...

Yes, the hidden version of SFA3 you can unlock turns the game into SFA3 Upper, and adds Guile, Dee Jay, Fei Long, T. Hawk, and Evil Ryu as playable characters.

Blue Steel
07-20-2006, 06:10 AM
I gotta rush off to class now, but I thought I'd throw this link (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146503) in here that goes to the gameplay section's thread about FFS. I just got this yesterday and have been playing it, like lyte edge said already, this is a pretty sweet package. Tomorrow I'm gonna wear my FFS shirt.:drool:

Hakkai
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Looks like they uploaded some backgrounds on the SNKP downloads section (http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/download/index.php#garou-ba1) today.

J' Kusanagi
07-21-2006, 02:20 AM
cool. Can't wait to get it. And can't wait for Archive 2 with the Real Bout games!!

JLoZeppelie
07-23-2006, 09:03 AM
cool. Can't wait to get it. And can't wait for Archive 2 with the Real Bout games!!

Me too man, me too :drool_2:

Murray
07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Ok, I just played this for about a half hour yesterday and here are my impressions:

1. The emulated sounds really are sampled slower. I own the FF MVS cart and FF2 on NGCD and I know them both like the back of my hand. It's NOT just people's imaginations. This goes for the original music as well as effects / voices.
2. The arranged soundtracks are overall quieter than the original ones at the default settings.
3. The games play and look every bit as good as the originals, IMO.

One thing that especially interested me was the FF1 move set. Did the US and JP versions of FF1 use different commands for the special moves?

For instance, Andy's dash move is back, forward+a in the US version but the one in this compilation (and ports, that I've noticed, i.e. the Sega Genesis version) uses down-back, forward+a for the same move. Similarly, his fireball is qcf+a in the US one but this one and the other ports use qcb+a. Can someone shed some light on this?

Darkneo
07-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Got my FF Collection hit on friday and played all weekend with them, Yeah its a pretty good port :drool_2: . So I hope they bring out a Real Bout Collection. I also would like to see World Heroes Collection and a Breakers/Breakers Revenge on the PS2. Keep em comin Snkplaymore :)

SpongeBobSNK
12-07-2006, 06:40 PM
According to http://www.the-magicbox.com:

"- SNK Playmore will release Garou Densetsu Battle Archive Vol. 2 for PS2 in Japan on February 22, 2007. The game will include Garou Densetsu Real Bout, Real Bout 2 and Real Bout Special."

At last a release date for the Real Bout collection!