Legit? Boot?

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but since the search feature isn't working right now, I'd like to know if this cart is boot or not :chimp:

Last edited:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
What gives it away? I looked at loopyeddie's guide for the "MX" chips. Also, why do people burn off the serials on loose carts?

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Piratero said:
What gives it away? I looked at loopyeddie's guide for the "MX" chips. Also, why do people burn off the serials on loose carts?

All the chips look like the original Toshiba chips, not MX chips. Many operators and resellers scratch their serials off. Dunno why, I guess so people won't make repo labels.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Ruell said:
All the chips look like the original Toshiba chips, not MX chips. Many operators and resellers scratch their serials off. Dunno why, I guess so people won't make repo labels.
I thought it was because SNK had a policy against reselling carts and would track you down by the number.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
I guess the seller is willing to let it go for $50 USD. The problem is that he only accepts Western Union (from China) :loco: By the way, here is a close-up :drool:

Last edited:

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I'm sure there's at least a hundred threads here on why they're scratched, but I'm too lazy to read them. $50 is a great price for garou. I don't know the buyer and only accepting WU in China is a little wierd.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
The transaction was too good to be true... I immediately thought it was a scam. his site is located here :p

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I would say go for it, it's only $50 bucks. If it turns out to be a scam, at least it's not that much. He has some really good prices. Shipping though is probably what's going to kill the deal though

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
$50 is quite a lot. Has anyone dealed with him before?

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
i looked up the web site and i didn't see any mvs carts or anything of the sort. Where are they??? lol

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
CarlosZ said:
i looked up the web site and i didn't see any mvs carts or anything of the sort. Where are they??? lol

Try clicking the "SNK MVS Games" button!

There was a guy on ebay selling MVS games from China not long ago. Maybe it's the same guy. If he gets some good feedback I will consider buying from him.