No Neo Geo Startup Splash Screen on Boot

zer010gic

Kabuki Klasher
When I start my 4 slot big red recently I noticed I am nolonger getting the Neo Geo spashscreen with neo music. It just boots directly to the first game. Any one else have this happen is this normal or is somthing wrong. I just think this is odd. I am running UniBios 2.0. Also when I put the unit in console mode it boots with a splash but no mater what county I put it in if I put it in arcade mode the splash screen disapears.

Corey

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The boot logo can be turned on/off in the game header (a byte controls this). Most likely the game that is booting first on your system has a custom boot routine, like a GIGA POWER game.

Try moving the carts around to get one of the other carts to boot first.

zer010gic

Kabuki Klasher
I was thinking something like this but it does it on every game. I even pulled all the carts and put in an old game (Nam-1975) and it still did the same.

Corey

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Make sure the option to turn the splash screen off in the UniBios 2.0 is not set to do that.(disable splash screen)

Other: I'd say clear the back-up memory..

zer010gic

Kabuki Klasher
I found the option you are refering to but its to disable the UniBios slash screen the one that I am not getting is the Neo Geo spash screen with the music.

Corey

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Which version of the UniBios do you have? I noticed that 2.1 doesn't have the 'disable startup screen' option, but I think that setting is controlled by one of the other UniBios softdips (or is hidden on 2.2?)

I'd check, but I've got my Atomiswave in that cab right now (GGX1.5 roxxors!!)