PDA

View Full Version : KOF:MI2 ("2006") has Metal Slug, Kim Kaphwan, and B. Jenet!?

TemJin3000
04-10-2006, 12:02 PM
from the-magicbox.com:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0604/kofmi_09.jpg
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0604/kofmi_06.jpg
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0604/kofmi_05.jpg

:eek: other than the Metal Slug...i hope those other two aren't alternate costumes or something...
KOF2k6 just got more interesting IMO. :D

go here for some more pics:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0604/game060409b2.shtml

note: if this isn't news-worthy, please delete or move.

kernow
04-10-2006, 01:08 PM

what the hell is this 1998? VF3TB looked better than this.

see her clothing texture over her boob

snkp's 3d skills are _just_ above homebrew level, its sickening

pixeljunkie
04-10-2006, 01:15 PM

see her clothing texture over her boob

snkp's 3d skills are _just_ above homebrew level, its sickening

I was just about to make a similar comment. Its like they made these for PSOne and it got canned until recently...then they decided to port them over.

crazymadone
04-10-2006, 01:37 PM
What is this shit. As if a guy would fight a tank :tickled:

pixeljunkie
04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
What is this shit. As if a guy would fight a tank :tickled:

ah! my brain baby is kicking again...

....[deep breath] Its a special move.

complexz
04-10-2006, 02:38 PM
yikes metal slug lol
itll be neat seeing it in 3d i guess

ive seen weirder things though....has nobody played fighters megamix? (daytona car)

MI2 looks fun to me ill grab it....i already have plenty of hardcore fighters, a game to play just for fun wouldent be the end of the world

Mark of the Wolves
04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Don't you love it when already horrible games get worse?

TemJin3000
04-10-2006, 03:24 PM

yes.

crazymadone
04-10-2006, 03:37 PM

no!

pixeljunkie
04-10-2006, 03:40 PM
no!

yes

Pep
04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
The KOF series should’ve never make it to 3D, and if it was time to abandon 2D, then they should have had the dignity to stop milking this already exhausted franchise and find a new name for it.

In fact, some of the 2D KOF games were already unnecessary, with so many rehashing and little new to offer.

Gamefan
04-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Looks. Like. Garbage.

Gamefan

Cain Highwind
04-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeesh so much hate here. I think the graphics are decent at least (better than the first MI for sure).

Personally it just looks *fun* not graphically mindblowing or reinventing the wheel, just fun. Maybe it's because I'm not setting my standards very high. I'm not expecting a Tekken 5 or DoA 4 here. But that's just me.

These shots are from a new trailer here BTW (alternate models, characters, and gameplay modes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2V8xtY40M

Oh and car-wrecking round ala SFII:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3g4OVxKUvUw

EDIT: Oh and a Steamroller driving Ryuuhaku is in too. If there's anything that really disgusts me about this game is just the over the top fanservice and bouncing.

twodeepuzzler
04-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Good graphics.

If it was for the Atari Lynx.

NeoDragoN
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I thought Maximum Impact was a real fun fighter, sure it was dumb and had some really cheesey juggles, but it was fast and easy to play.

I expect alot more from MI2.

soulthug
04-10-2006, 06:42 PM
ah! my brain baby is kicking again...

....[deep breath] Its a special move.
My sexy redbearded love slave, look at the name above the health bar, 't says metal slug.

Frankfurt
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM

And the 2D games look like they're from 1996.

NeoCverA
04-10-2006, 11:54 PM
How many of these "KOF2006" threads do i have to show my sig in?

Hot Chocolate
04-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I thought Maximum Impact was a real fun fighter, sure it was dumb and had some really cheesey juggles, but it was fast and easy to play.

What he said

Fygee
04-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Once again, I'm always intrigued by the irony of SNK fans complaining about crappy graphics when it comes to 3D. ;)

2Dfan
04-11-2006, 02:57 AM
I sure hope the 3d metal slug wont be as fucked up as this....

Domino-chan
04-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Once again, I'm always intrigued by the irony of SNK fans complaining about crappy graphics when it comes to 3D. ;)

Yeah no kidding. I think the game's gonna be a lot of fun, and it looks a great deal better than the first one.

PS - Fygee you need to drop by one of the Vegas meetups!

Dash no Chris
04-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Ok, so Billy looks bad-ass in his alternate costume business suit (I could hear Domino-chan plotz from the other side of town), but what's up with Terry? Why is he wearing Blue Mary's clothes?:spock:

--Chris

kernow
04-11-2006, 08:40 AM
so poor.

you people should say 500 hell marys for

a) liking this crap
b) buying this crap
c) playing this crap

over the top fan service puts me off too. it sucks.

fan service for fan service sake, would you like extra chocolate on your double choc icecream with flake and chocolate covered flake and sprinkled flake bits on top?

:spock:

JHendrix
04-11-2006, 08:48 AM

This man speaks the truth.

kernow
04-11-2006, 09:32 AM
This man speaks the truth.

I just dont play crap games, I often think when I'm playing them I could be playing VF4 evo or SF3 instead.

:shame:

Time wasting :emb:

JHendrix
04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I just dont play crap games, I often think when I'm playing them I could be playing VF4 evo or SF3 instead.

Time wasting :emb:

I play more 3S than I play KOF:MI. In fact KOF:MI was in my rotation for about a month or two after I got the JPN import and then eventually we just went back to playing regular old KOF and 3S after the fact.

Doesn't change the fact that the game was pretty fun and has a ton of potential if they can pull it off. At this point I'd be happy if they can get a fighter out that has 3D characters fighting in a 2D game style, if only to keep that kind of gameplay going instead of having everything turn into a Tekken/VF type of fighter anymore.

kernow
04-11-2006, 10:09 AM
You're just making excuses,

"I'm happy if it stays a basic 3d-but-2d fighter"

"instead of being like VF4 etc"

what, instead of being like a decent example of a 3d fighter?

JHendrix
04-11-2006, 10:19 AM
You're just making excuses,

"I'm happy if it stays a basic 3d-but-2d fighter"

"instead of being like VF4 etc"

what, instead of being like a decent example of a 3d fighter?

What if I don't like the gameplay style of VF4 all that much, especially compared to that of 2D fighters? I mean it's good, but I don't care to really learn it or play in it as much as say KOFXI, which I'm dying to try out.

Graphics are key to expanding appeal, having 3D graphics while maintaining 2D gameplay is probably the best bet for keeping around the kind of fighters I like.

kernow
04-11-2006, 10:25 AM
What graphics?

Face it , you play bad games and get off on it.

real gamers wouldn't give this piece of shit their money or their time.

only blinded

.. fanboys.

soulthug
04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Excuse me for not being an arrogant j-faggot, but what the FUCK is fanservice?

kernow
04-11-2006, 11:00 AM
things such as

"oh look its the bloody metal slug tank again"

how many times?

jesus christ

soulthug
04-11-2006, 11:10 AM
\\o
+1

Dash no Chris
04-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Excuse me for not being an arrogant j-faggot, but what the FUCK is fanservice?:spock:
This link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service) should probably help.

--Chris

kernow
04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
God japan isnt cool anymore.

:buttrock:

wait, its not 1995

soulthug
04-11-2006, 11:17 AM
This link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service) should probably help.

--Chris
See Also-
Fanwank.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAH
"Fanwankery". Ahahahaha.

hermegildo
04-11-2006, 11:21 AM
On the fan service note, I'm particularly tired of the obscenely large breasts the women in this game (and pretty much every other Japanese game) have.

B. Jenet had an attractive, slender figure in Garou. I don't understand why they turned her into that retarded, unnatural looking fat ass.

Fuck Falcoon and his terrible sense of aesthetics.

SouthtownKid
04-11-2006, 11:51 AM

Time wasting :emb:Newsflash: all video games are time wasting. That's what they are for. Hopefully, you weren't under the impression you were curing cancer by alternately pressing A and B buttons.

Domino-chan
04-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Ok, so Billy looks bad-ass in his alternate costume business suit (I could hear Domino-chan plotz from the other side of town), but what's up with Terry? Why is he wearing Blue Mary's clothes?:spock:

--Chris

What're you talking about? I haven't seen any pics of Billy in his suit. Maybe if I watch this YouTube video....

::spontaneously turns into jelly::

HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT. :drool_2:

kernow
04-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Newsflash: all video games are time wasting. That's what they are for. Hopefully, you weren't under the impression you were curing cancer by alternately pressing A and B buttons.

But why play shit games?

I mean look at it, if you want to waste your time playing trash like that go ahead.

You're so cool Mr I buy shit games hardcore SNK fan. All the mainstream gamers are in awe of your ability to purchase fucking bad games and play them anyway because you're an SNK diehard till the end. Everyone is so jealous.

SouthtownKid
04-11-2006, 01:17 PM
But why play shit games?

I mean look at it, if you want to waste your time playing trash like that go ahead.

You're so cool Mr I buy shit games hardcore SNK fan. All the mainstream gamers are in awe of your ability to purchase fucking bad games and play them anyway because you're an SNK diehard till the end. Everyone is so jealous.Why, thank you.

In return, may I say how jealous everyone is of you for your ability to cut through all the bullshit and decide for everyone what the worthwhile games to waste our time on are. Yay, 3s and VF4 forever! ............(yawn)

Magnaflux
04-11-2006, 01:22 PM
MI was fun for a few days, the engine was cheesy and the voices terrible but the gameplay was enjoyable.

Here's hoping MI2 plays better than the first.

kernow
04-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Thats just your way of saying it was shite

pixeljunkie
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
i woulda' liked it, if it just had a damn arcade mode! and no english voices...or at least good ones.

Magnaflux
04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Thats just your way of saying it was shite

If it were shit, I would have said so. I said it was enjoyable.

kernow
04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
and you laugh at tekken?

you said you only played it for a few days too

tekken 2 is probably more complex and deep than this fucking garbage

seriously, I'm realising how marred all your opinions are as gamers, you've all been here so long you have no idea what a decent game is anymore, see how long it took you to get re4, because you were probably all wrapped up in a polygon terry bogard for 'a few days'

great time spent, how hardcore your 2d neo elite friends on this forum must have thought you were for playing a 3d snk game.

SouthtownKid
04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
and you laugh at tekken?

seriously, I'm realising how marred all your opinions are as gamers, you've all been here so long you have no idea what a decent game is anymore, see how long it took you to get re4, because you were probably all wrapped up in a polygon terry bogard for 'a few days'

great time spent, how hardcore your 2d neo elite friends on this forum must have thought you were for playing a 3d snk game.This forum has terrible balance and zero gameplay (and very little depth). Wouldn't your time be better spent playing VF4 evo?

Magnaflux
04-11-2006, 01:48 PM
and you laugh at tekken?

great time spent, how hardcore your 2d neo elite friends on this forum must have thought you were for playing a 3d snk game.

Tekken is alright. I already know if I want to get good at it I'll need to pump in some serious time, that's something I'm not interested in doing right now. I've been playing Kof for 10 years now and am set in my ways. My biggest gripe with Tekken is gravity is a velocity in the game when in reality its an acceleration, hence the moon gravity. I can't wrap my mind around the distorted physics engine.

Besides, you know the only reason I laugh at tekken is to get a rise out of fanboys. :chimp:

You know, my friends and I do things other than play video games whether they be on this site or not. You might want to get outside a bit more often.

kernow
04-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Yes sir, thats an admittance to being sonned if I ever saw one. :eek_2:

Tekken is alright. I already know if I want to get good at it I'll need to pump in some serious time, that's something I'm not interested in doing right now. I've been playing Kof for 10 years now and am set in my ways. My biggest gripe with Tekken is gravity is a velocity in the game when in reality its an acceleration, hence the moon gravity. I can't wrap my mind around the distorted physics engine.

Besides, you know the only reason I laugh at tekken is to get a rise out of fanboys. :chimp:

You know, my friends and I do things other than play video games whether they be on this site or not. You might want to get outside a bit more often.

Phoenix Down
04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Honestly, Maximum Impact wasn't a terrible game. The problem was the fact that it played like about 5 million other 3D fighters we've all played. The characters were there, the moves were there, but the gameplay felt dumbed down compared to the 2D KoFs. As a result, I played it for about a week and haven't gone back to it since. Compare this with other KoFs where I usually play them for several months before I start to get tired of it.

If Playmore wants MI2 to be successful maybe they should go back and play some '96 or '98 and try to remember why KoF was good in the first place.

Takumaji
04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
MI can be fun when played by the right bunch of people, that's about it for me.

And I strongly disagree about MI being shallow, it has some really nice engine features that one may overlook if he only plays it casually for half an hour or so.

But what do I know, being a blinded fanboy and all... :)

TemJin3000
04-11-2006, 06:22 PM
MI can be fun when played by the right bunch of people, that's about it for me.

And I strongly disagree about MI being shallow, it has some really nice engine features that one may overlook if he only plays it casually for half an hour or so.

But what do I know, being a blinded fanboy and all... :)

I agree with this man.

Neo Alec
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Gonna have to buy MI2 when it's released. Looks great.

alec
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Hello Neo-Alec, you have the same name as me! I like you already.

AlphaONE
04-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks to PlayerX from the Cyberfan boards

Richard Meyers
Geese Howard
Hyena (the announcer from KOF:MI)
and
another version of Terry Bogard

just got announced

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/4585/kofmi2hidden7nn.jpg

Dash no Chris
04-12-2006, 01:10 PM
OMG! :chimp: SNK finally heard my telepathic pleas for the return of Richard Myer -- hopefully we'll get Bob Wilson in a pre-fight animation cameo or something. NICE -- it's Nightmare Geese.:glee:

BTW, what game is your sig from?

--Chris

AlphaONE
04-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Viper PC
hentai game

hey um Chris what is the 2nd Terry for??:conf:

Dash no Chris
04-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Viper PC
hentai game

hey um Chris what is the 2nd Terry for??:conf:
Ah, Viper -- any particular installment? (kind of a long-running series...)

2nd Terry is for... shits & grins? The full caption on Geese's page is:

サウスタウンの亡霊 ナイトメアー・ギース
sausutaun no bourei naitomeaa giisu
The Ghost of Southtown: Nightmare Geese

and the full caption on Terry's page is:

ワイルドウルフよみがえる
wairudo urufu yomigaeru
The Wild Wolf, Revived

yomigaeru (verb form) can mean "come to oneself, be brought to life; revive," while yomigaeri (noun form) can mean "resurrection; (a) revival."

I've been trying to find a larger scan of those images on the web, but no luck so far. Without a scan that's big enough to read the small text, I can only conclude that (1) they're not bringing Geese back to life -- they're just giving us another appearance of his ghost, and (2) they decided to have 2 different versions of Terry in the game -- one with his MOTW moveset and one more like his pre-MOTW incarnations. Of course, the listing of Buster Wolf as one of red-cap Terry's moves on the official MI2 site would seem to contradict this. Guess we'll have to wait for a better scan, one of our Japanese residents to pick up this magazine, or the game's release to know for sure.

--Chris

complexz
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
geese looks pretty cool there, with the dark eyes he almost looks like a 3d peice of shinkiro art, Though alittle more buffed than shinkiro's geese

TemJin3000
04-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks to PlayerX from the Cyberfan boards

Richard Meyers
Geese Howard
Hyena (the announcer from KOF:MI)
and
another version of Terry Bogard

just got announced

NOICE!
some things:
- i wonder what kind of moves Hyena will have? (cowardly type moves?)
- seeing Richard Meyers making a comeback kicksass, it makes sense for a game that takes place in Southtown
...maybe his main involvement in this story is he taught Soiree his copiaeta? (can't spell :crying: )
- this puts the secret character mark up to 7 so far, i wonder who the boss will be (i don't want Geese as the boss...i'm up for something new)

AlphaONE
04-12-2006, 02:07 PM
I would KILL to see a 3D version of PAO PAO Cafe!!
Of course, with the same tune from the Fatal Fury 1 stage:)

SouthtownKid
04-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Too bad it's so uncool to like this game here, because that Geese looks great, and I'm looking forward to trying this.

Kirk Foiden
04-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Well, if there's one thing to say about having the Metal Slug Tank in this game, in comparison to the Fighters Megamix Daytona Car; at least you can perform Anti-Air tactics against THIS vehicle. :lolz:

Ok. Maybe speculation, but that's only if Metal Slug (KOF) can do what Metal Slug can do. And hey, I just became Athena's Wardrobe Manager. I always thought Kagura could get that job. :)

derboo
04-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, it's cool to have Geese and Richard Meyer, but Hyena was terribly annoying when he was just an anouncer, and I really don't like him to be a playable character...

David Fallows
04-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I'd play this for one night then go back to KoF'99. Therefore not worth even a rental.

Even Animal Crossing is higher up on my playlist FFS. SNK are no more, that's why there's a P at the end of it now. :(

hermegildo
04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Too bad it's so uncool to like this game here, because that Geese looks great, and I'm looking forward to trying this.
You're kidding, right?

Geese looked better in Wild Ambition.

It's too bad the game sucks, because I'd love playing as Richard Myer.

SouthtownKid
04-12-2006, 07:23 PM
You're kidding, right?

Geese looked better in Wild Ambition.

It's too bad the game sucks, because I'd love playing as Richard Myer.Oh yeah, I keep forgetting you are a traveler from the distant future and have already played this game. I like Wild Ambition, but WA Geese looks like he's made out of Legos compared to the magazine torso shot posted here. Remove head A from ass B.

NeoDragoN
04-12-2006, 08:05 PM
the voices terrible

Put the voices on japanese FOOL!

and you laugh at tekken?

LOL you do talk some bollox sometimes, MI is very playable and its cool to see all the old SNK faves done in 3D, like people have said the engine is sloppy but it dose'nt stop it from being fun, on 1 player or 2 player.

Sure i could play 3rd Strike or VF4 Evo but ya know you can only play a 1 on 1 fighter so much on single player, i love busting out 3S on VS but i never play it at all on 1P anymore, i've seen everything in it theres not much more to do with it so when a new 1 on 1 fighter comes out its bound to peak peoples interests.

Its a decent game at the end of day, not one to play through the ages but when it first came out it was cool for a couple of months.

hermegildo
04-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting you are a traveler from the distant future and have already played this game.
I played the first one and it doesn't take a genius to see that this is merely a carbon copy of that in terms of gameplay.

Thanks, but no thanks.

PS: That Geese looks retarded.

SouthtownKid
04-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I played the first one and it doesn't take a genius to see that this is merely a carbon copy of that in terms of gameplay.

Thanks, but no thanks.

PS: That Geese looks retarded.Just like Fatal Fury 2 was a carbon copy of Fatal Fury 1 in terms of gameplay. Like you know that without trying it. Okay.

hermegildo
04-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Just like Fatal Fury 2 was a carbon copy of Fatal Fury 1 in terms of gameplay. Like you know that without trying it. Okay.
We haven't heard a single about the gameplay in MI2, nothing on new systems or mechanics or any major changes in the battle system. With that in mind, it's pretty safe to assume that there have been little to no core changes in the game. Tweaked movelists maybe, better balance but I don't expect more than that.

C'mon man, you know MI is average at best.

We are just more lenient towards it because fighting games are near dead and we'll take whatever we can get our hands on. Yeah, people might find it fun for a while but most will take '98 or '02 over it (or XI if it's as good as they say) if given the chance.

Or are you trying to tell me that the game will somehow be so much better than the first and on par with the previously mentioned KOFs or any other good Capcom or 3D fighter?

Because I'd love to be proven wrong.

SouthtownKid
04-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Shit, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate; chances are, it'll suck. But I'm willing to give it enough benefit of the doubt to try it before passing final judgment.

Keep in mind that part of the reason you haven't heard of any gameplay modifications/additions/tweaks is because just about nobody here gives a shit about this game, or anything 3D from SNKP in general. Hell, the majority of people here probably haven't even played Wild Ambition...or if they have, not for more than 10 minutes. There have been numerous magazine articles, etc., about the game, so there may be new gameplay info no one here cares enough to find out about.

There are people in Japan who play video games, so there were probably comments or suggestions made from the first MI that SNKP may (or may not) have listened to and implemented. First review is in from Dengeki (I have no idea what that is, thus no idea how much or little this means, but...), and they gave MI2: 85 / 90 / 85 / 85.

Now assuming that's on a scale of 1-100 and not a scale of 1-1000000, that's not too bad. Good enough to make me want to at least check it out.

derboo
04-13-2006, 03:06 AM
Put the voices on japanese FOOL!

Well, i think that's not possible in the US version of the game.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94
04-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, it certainly looks good, but we'll just have to wait and see if its worth a damn.

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 04:27 AM
But I'm willing to give it enough benefit of the doubt to try it before passing final judgment.
Fair enough.

And I understand that most people here might not like SNKP or 3D stuff, but I haven't seen gameplay info on the game anywhere at all. All I see is "hey, here's this new costume, or this guy you can play as, or look! the Metal Slug is in the game!" Of course, that might have to do with the fact that SNKP themselves aren't releasing any info and home releases don't get location tests as far as I know but still, what have we seen about this game that is "new" to the series as far as systems go?

Developers have to earn my money and I'm sorry, but I'd rather buy Tekken 5 over this, and I don't even like Tekken.

kernow
04-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Why put the voices on japanese?

I'm not fucking japanese.

"Chances are this game will suck"

heh classic

why even bother giving it the benefit of the doubt and wasting your cash on it? :annoyed:

I guess some people will be SNK(p) fans to the end, and play whatever trash they release in a quest to be SNKhardcore

not me though, plenty more better games than from this pathetic company to be played.

Cain Highwind
04-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Why put the voices on japanese?

I'm not fucking japanese.

Because the 2D games use Japanese voices and have so for many years?

EDIT: Official Site updated. Kim, Ninon, and Jenet added to Secret section. There's also some matches I'm downloading right now. They're mirror matches with the secret characters and it looks like we get to see what their alternates look like.

EDIT 2: Jenet's alt is "interesting" they turned her into a farm girl.

EDIT 3: A big WTF on Kim's alt (is he some kind of American Pilgrim or something?)

kernow
04-13-2006, 06:45 AM

Because the 2D games use Japanese voices and have so for many years?

EDIT: Official Site updated. Kim, Ninon, and Jenet added to Secret section. There's also some matches I'm downloading right now. They're mirror matches with the secret characters and it looks like we get to see what their alternates look like.

Sonic Boom!

kernow
04-13-2006, 06:46 AM
i agree, im not a tekken fan, but id take it any day over MI2, knowing how MI1 was, i doubt 2 will be a lot better. even if it where a lot better itd still be mediocre. why is snkp even bothering with this game?

agreed.

soulthug
04-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Sonic Boom!
In SF2 it sounds like "Save the poor!"

And Bison psycho crusher sounds like "Fiberglass poo!"

:emb:

derboo
04-13-2006, 07:04 AM
I played both Maximum Impact and Tekken V last year (or the year before that, I'm not sure anymore...), and I definitely had more fun with Maximum Impact.

A lot of the things kernow writes sound so bitter, hateful and sad, one could think Falcoon bit his penis off or something like that...

Nesagwa
04-13-2006, 07:14 AM
So uh, is Duck King going to be in this or not?

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 07:47 AM
So uh, is Duck King going to be in this or not?
If you want Duck King, look no further than KOF XI.

k'_127
04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
some of you guys take games too seriously.

games are just something to fill your free time. Nobody put a gun on your head and forced you to play.

like STK said, games are just something to waste your time on. "A waste of time" can be applied on ALL games.

If you feel that you don't have enough time to play everything, and you prefer to spend time on certain games, that's cool. but why bitching over what other ppl can enjoy? (maybe because they have more free time to try other games, or more money to spend than you do)

and what's the point of comparing MI with Tekken?

kernow
04-13-2006, 07:53 AM
They are both 3d fighters?

whats "not" the point of comparing them?

some of you guys take games too seriously.

games are just something to fill your free time. Nobody put a gun on your head and forced you to play.

like STK said, games are just something to waste your time on. "A waste of time" can be applied on ALL games.

If you feel that you don't have enough time to play everything, and you prefer to spend time on certain games, that's cool. but why bitching over what other ppl can enjoy? (maybe because they have more free time to try other games, or more money to spend than you do)

and what's the point of comparing MI with Tekken?

soulthug
04-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Is this thrad still going on?

NO GAME IS GOOD OR BAD, ITS TOTALLY A MATTER OF OPINION.

Fin

k'_127
04-13-2006, 07:56 AM
They are both 3d fighters?

whats "not" the point of comparing them?

and does proving either of them better makes the other a complete waste of time?

Setsuna1982
04-13-2006, 07:56 AM
knowing how MI1 was, i doubt 2 will be a lot better. even if it where a lot better itd still be mediocre

Remember a shitty fighting game called Street Fighter that years later had a sequel called Street Fighter 2?

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Is this thrad still going on?

NO GAME IS GOOD OR BAD, ITS TOTALLY A MATTER OF OPINION.

Fin
No.

A shit game is a shit game.

If you happen to have shit taste and enjoy it, then that's your problem.

Or are you saying that 50 Cent Bulletproof or Rise of the Robots can be good if some retard happens to like them?

soulthug
04-13-2006, 08:15 AM
No.

A shit game is a shit game.

If you happen to have shit taste and enjoy it, then that's your problem.

Or are you saying that 50 Cent Bulletproof or Rise of the Robots can be good if some retard happens to like them?
No, im saying some retard might like it, but that doesnt make it good or terrible.

Eg. I don't like Resident Evil 4. Is it a shit game? No.

I like Jet Set Radio. Kernow doesnt. Is the game good or bad? Neither.

+LOL@Rise of the Robots, i felt cheated after paying £2 for it.

kernow
04-13-2006, 08:22 AM
You havent played RE4 how would you know?

plus, when you said you saw your bro playing it you said it looked amazing

lol teenagers and gaming

derboo
04-13-2006, 08:23 AM

It's very anti-social and... - what's größenwahnsinnig in english? - to call people retarded cause they like stuff you don't.

kernow
04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
It's very anti-social and... - what's größenwahnsinnig in english? - to call people retarded cause they like stuff you don't.

I'm sorry, anyone who likes rise of the robots is retarded.

kernow
04-13-2006, 08:29 AM
It's very anti-social and... - what's größenwahnsinnig in english?

How the hell do we know , you're the German.

:glee:

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 08:34 AM
No, im saying some retard might like it, but that doesnt make it good or terrible.

Eg. I don't like Resident Evil 4. Is it a shit game? No.

I like Jet Set Radio. Kernow doesnt. Is the game good or bad? Neither.

+LOL@Rise of the Robots, i felt cheated after paying £2 for it.
Rise of the Robots is a shit game and RE4 is a great game, that's the bottom line. If you can give me some sort of detailed analysis to prove otherwise in either case, then I'll take everything back.

Sure, you might not enjoy RE4 and you have every right in the world not to, but if you flat out say "this game is shit" then it's safe to say that you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think MI is shit, but it's average at best and there are a ton of better games out there.

I don't get why so many people are defending it (or playing devil's advocate like STK said), making analogies to something as seminal as SF2 even, when we all know most of us would rather play something else and will most likely shelf the game after the "newness" of it had died out.

Hmkay
04-13-2006, 08:35 AM
You havent played RE4 how would you know?
Says the guy who basically reviewed and rated SS5S without having played it.

Takumaji
04-13-2006, 08:38 AM
heh, kernow, I bet a tenner and a beer you would have a blast playing MI with me, despite your sour comments.

Oh, and derboo, one possible translation of "Größenwahn" would be megalomania, but I guess "arrogant" would fit better in this case... :D

kernow
04-13-2006, 08:40 AM
heh, kernow, I bet a tenner and a beer you would have a blast playing MI with me, despite your sour comments.

You are so wrong.

I mean you'd probably bore me shitless with details of Iori's aerial kick in kof96 or something.

:cool:

soulthug
04-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Rise of the Robots is a shit game and RE4 is a great game, that's the bottom line. If you can give me some sort of detailed analysis to prove otherwise in either case, then I'll take everything back.

Sure, you might not enjoy RE4 and you have every right in the world not to, but if you flat out say "this game is shit" then it's safe to say that you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think MI is shit, but it's average at best and there are a ton of better games out there.

I don't get why so many people are defending it (or playing devil's advocate like STK said), making analogies to something as seminal as SF2 even, when we all know most of us would rather play something else and will most likely shelf the game after the "newness" of it had died out.
All the people in the world liking it cant make it a good game
Conversely for all the people in the world cant make it a bad game
Some WILL enjoy any given game some WONT

I agree, a game can be made, but just because someone likes the game doesnt mean its for everyone.

derboo
04-13-2006, 09:05 AM
(...) making analogies to something as seminal as SF2 even (...)

I think that meant to say one should not judge MI2 alone for being the sequel to MI.

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 09:07 AM
All the people in the world liking it cant make it a good game
Conversely for all the people in the world cant make it a bad game
Some WILL enjoy any given game some WONT

I agree, a game can be made, but just because someone likes the game doesnt mean its for everyone.
Yeah, but Rise of the Robots is a shit game whether people like it or not.

It's not "totally a matter of opinion," the game is bad.

Doesn't mean that you can't like it, but don't expect to be taken seriously when talking about other games if you do.

kernow
04-13-2006, 09:08 AM

Doesn't mean that you can't like it, but don't expect to be taken seriously when talking about other games if you do.

:multi_co:

hanafuda
04-13-2006, 09:09 AM

Well, I'm glad we got that resolved.

Takumaji
04-13-2006, 09:31 AM

I don't think we defend MI in particular, some of us just are a bit fed up with this "ohh, it's 3D/it's from SNKP, so it must be shit by default" mindset.

Yeah, the old SNK games were better, and yeah, VF4 Evo or even DoA3 are better than MI, but for god's sake, sometimes I just want to do a bit of TV zapping to entertain myself, I don't need that super high-quality mega movie epos every day, if you catch my drift.

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
:multi_co:
Does that mean I'm a little lower on your "people I hate list"?

:emb:

Tak: That's perfectly understandable. As I said, it's not that the game is absolutely abysmal, but there are a ton of better games out there I'd rather spend my money on.

Takumaji
04-13-2006, 09:34 AM
You are so wrong.

I mean you'd probably bore me shitless with details of Iori's aerial kick in kof96 or something.

:cool:

Yep, that's my tactic - let them eat and drink, then bore them to tears, then win every match. :D

JHendrix
04-13-2006, 09:37 AM

How is it not a matter of opinion? How do you qualify something as a crappy game? Overwhelming bad reviews? The general consensus of the gaming public?

How is this any different than say, whether KOF of GGX has better graphics? Most gamers would agree GGX looks better, most reviews overwhelmingly give GGX games the nod graphically over KOF reviews.

Are GTA3 and beyond "shit games" or are they good games that many people here don't like?

How exactly do you draw the line?

k'_127
04-13-2006, 09:41 AM
well ok I wouldn't call someone "retarded" if they like a game. you don't want a non-gamer (for example) to call you that, yes? :)

I do believe there are bad games and good games. each game must have good and bad things in it.

taste comes from what you expect from each game. you may like the good things in a game, and don't mind the bad things, so you like it. and vise versa.

some people look for gameplay. some for presentation. some care for music, and some don't ..... etc.

However, seeing a game like 50 cents having high sales does piss me off. Not because the buyers play such bad games, but because there are many good games out there that get overlooked.

What's going on in this thread is a different thing. We all played 2D KOFs and all the other good fighters, so if someone said this is better than that, there will be no problem.

If someone played both, and enjoys MI more than the 2D KOF's that's his opinion. I don't agree with him and that's it. No need to go all upset over it.

kernow
04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
some people look for gameplay. some for presentation. some care for music, and some don't ..... etc.

And some dont look for any of those, except a snk playmore logo.

Tak : its safe to assume all 3D games that were ever made, and will ever be made, by playmore, will be garbage.

its like assuming the sky wont fall down, or the pacific sea wont empty.

Hermelguido (lol) : sure , if that brings some happiness to your tiny world for the day, good comments though, you're being very sit on the fence.

hermegildo
04-13-2006, 10:06 AM
How do you qualify something as a crappy game?
By explaining thouroughly, just like I did when I explained why Last Blade has better sprites than GGX. Yeah, it's hard not to get some sort of bias in there, but not impossible.

If you can give me some sort of analysis on why Rise of the Robots is a good game, then I'm all ears. Similarly, if you can tell me some reasons why RE4 is terrible game, then I'm all for it.

Being "good" doesn't mean you have to like it, but some of the people on this site I respect the most are the ones that acknowledge a good game when they see it, even if they don't really enjoy it.

How exactly do you draw the line?
You can't, not for every single game at least.

I chose Rise of the Robots because it is a bad game, no questions asked. Go out and find me a well versed video game player that likes it, it's just not going to happen.

To pick a "grayer" example: I don't like GTA, I think the controls outside of driving are terrible but I see why it gets so much praise and that's where opinion comes into play: which part of the game will you, as an individual, give more worth to? I find GTA to be unplayable because of the shitty controls and how buggy the game is, not to mention that the missions are just not fun for me. Those things kill the game for me but others might think that the free roaming more than makes up for it.

The thing is, no matter what kind of game you enjoy, it's not impossible to discern which are the good ones and which are bad, at least until you get into that grey middle section.

Which brings us to MI. Some people might get more out of the game than others, but there is no question that there are a ton of better fighters out there.

That is not opinion, that is a fact.

kernow: :emb: :emb: :emb:

Magnaflux
04-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm still looking foward to MI2 or Kof '06 or whatever they're calling it. :)

JHendrix
04-13-2006, 01:18 PM
By explaining thouroughly, just like I did when I explained why Last Blade has better sprites than GGX. Yeah, it's hard not to get some sort of bias in there, but not impossible.

You can not just "explain thouroughly" that a game is good or bad with out it being an opinion on a gmae. That's exactly what a review is. I've read your explanation of why LB has better sprites than GGX and I still think you're crazy. In fact most gamers will think you're crazy. No matter how hard you try it is NOT a fact, period.

If you can give me some sort of analysis on why Rise of the Robots is a good game, then I'm all ears. Similarly, if you can tell me some reasons why RE4 is terrible game, then I'm all for it.

I'm sure there is someone, somewhere, that likes the game and could go on about it, but that's the point what's trash to you is gold to another. I hate KOF94 and KOF95, yet it's loved by a ton here. It's simply a matter of opinion.

The reasons I don't like RE4 are mostly the same reasons you don't like GTA3, I loathe the control scheme. I can not enjoy it, I've tried many many times, but it does not work for me and all I get is frustrated by the slow and awkward controls. Same reason I don't like the Metroid Prime series really.

Being "good" doesn't mean you have to like it, but some of the people on this site I respect the most are the ones that acknowledge a good game when they see it, even if they don't really enjoy it.

I agree wholeheartedly. I say the same exact thing when people say "GTA is shit" or "Halo is shit" or whatever other mainstream title is popular and someone (kernow) has an axe to grind. There are lots of good games that I don't like but I still admit to them being good games for others.

I chose Rise of the Robots because it is a bad game, no questions asked. Go out and find me a well versed video game player that likes it, it's just not going to happen.

See you're drawing the line on majority opinion and what essentially amounts to a respectable review: "a well versed video game player that likes it". Going on this logic, it's very easy to use the exact same argument that say GGX sprites are better than any on the Neo.

The thing is, no matter what kind of game you enjoy, it's not impossible to discern which are the good ones and which are bad, at least until you get into that grey middle section.

Right there you're getting into majority opinion as how you draw your line.

Which brings us to MI. Some people might get more out of the game than others, but there is no question that there are a ton of better fighters out there.

That is not opinion, that is a fact.

There are a ton better fighters than say oh 99% of fighters out there. Do I not play LB1 because LB2 is almost universally reguarded as better? Do I never play WW7 because 3S is there? Do I not play KOF99 because KOF2k1 is the better striker KOF?

I got news for you man, some people are interested in this game. Some of us will have fun with it. THAT is the fact.

PS. The vids for this game look cool. :mr_t:

kernow
04-13-2006, 01:48 PM
FACT : You enjoy bad games.

soulthug
04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh for fucks sake, NO ONE here is the authority on if a game is "Shit" or not. Its exactly the same with anything that involves preference, Hip Hop is not shit, neither is country and western, ITS PERSONAL TASTE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

One mans meat is another mans treasure :emb:

:kekeke:

PS: KOF 06 looks shit. :kekeke:

hanafuda
04-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Just watching the videos..

This has me interested. The characters seem to have been translated well from 2D, fast and furious gameplay, nice animation, good voices and sound...

Wasn't even considering this up until now, put if that Dengeki review is anything to go by then I'm getting this.

SouthtownKid
04-13-2006, 07:22 PM
FACT : You enjoy bad games.Some people enjoy bad movies. If you watch any television at all, chances are good you like watching shit, because that's mostly what is on. Doesn't affect anyone else, so why are your panties bunching over a game?

Besides that, any claim you might have had on being some kind of arbiter over what games are "GOOD" and what games are "SHIT" went completely out the window when Soulthug revealed you don't like Jet Set Radio. I wouldn't trust you to tell me today's date at this point.

hermegildo
04-14-2006, 02:26 AM
*snip*
You're missing the point entirely.

Anybody can like any game they want but if you mean to tell me that Rise of the Robots is a good game because somebody likes it, then you're probably wrong.

This "opinion" thing seems to have become an excuse for a lot of people to justify their taste in something.

It's not entirely subjective.

It's not "totally about opinion."

PS: Last Blade sprites are better than GGX's, it's just that people put more worth in high resolution than in anything else.

"It's high resolution, so it must better!"

Find that thread and look on the first page where I broke the whole thing down with as little bias as I could. I'm not trying to make you like GGX sprites more, I'm trying to make you recognize that Last Blade sprites are better made, even with their lower resolution.

SouthtownKid
04-14-2006, 03:03 AM
You're missing the point entirely.

Anybody can like any game they want but if you mean to tell me that Rise of the Robots is a good game because somebody likes it, then you're probably wrong.

This "opinion" thing seems to have become an excuse for a lot of people to justify their taste in something.

It's not entirely subjective.

It's not "totally about opinion."

PS: Last Blade sprites are better than GGX's, it's just that people put more worth in high resolution than in anything else.

"It's high resolution, so it must better!"

Find that thread and look on the first page where I broke the whole thing down with as little bias as I could. I'm not trying to make you like GGX sprites more, I'm trying to make you recognize that Last Blade sprites are better made, even with their lower resolution.I agree the LB sprites are better made (better animated, at least) than the GG sprites. But there are a LOT of people who would rather play GG than LB, as you can see by the number of sequels, merchandise, fansites, etc., blah blah blah (personally, I'm not a huge fan of either series). What does it mean?

Not everything is entirely subjective, but most things are largely subjective. If someone really gets more enjoyment out of a game of Rise of the Robots... well, sure, I'm not about to sit down and push P2 start, but I'm also not going to shake my finger at them and tell them to stop having fun.

If Kernow (as an example) wants to delude himself into thinking he is somehow using his time more productively by playing one video game instead of another video game, more power to him, I guess. Knock yourself out. I'm going to be over here playing World Heroes Perfect.

Domino-chan
04-14-2006, 03:10 AM
I don't think we defend MI in particular, some of us just are a bit fed up with this "ohh, it's 3D/it's from SNKP, so it must be shit by default" mindset.

Yeah, the old SNK games were better, and yeah, VF4 Evo or even DoA3 are better than MI, but for god's sake, sometimes I just want to do a bit of TV zapping to entertain myself, I don't need that super high-quality mega movie epos every day, if you catch my drift.

Amen to that.

And the bitching and moaning about MI2 still hasn't diminished my interest in the game. :D

hermegildo
04-14-2006, 03:16 AM
If someone really gets more enjoyment out of a game of Rise of the Robots... well, sure, I'm not about to sit down and push P2 start, but I'm also not going to shake my finger at them and tell them to stop having fun.
Exactly.

I'm not telling people what to like and not to like or what they should/shouldn't play, but if you enjoy something like Rise of the Robots then I have zero reason to take you seriously, as far as video games are concerned at least.

I'm all about respecting people's likes and dislikes, but let's not allow this "opinion" thing to get to our heads. I post here because this place isn't fucking gamefaqs, and I'm sure most people here can tell what a "good" game and a "bad" game is.

What you'd rather be playing is another matter entirely.

SouthtownKid
04-14-2006, 04:03 AM
Exactly.

I'm not telling people what to like and not to like or what they should/shouldn't play, but if you enjoy something like Rise of the Robots then I have zero reason to take you seriously, as far as video games are concerned at least.

I'm all about respecting people's likes and dislikes, but let's not allow this "opinion" thing to get to our heads. I post here because this place isn't fucking gamefaqs, and I'm sure most people here can tell what a "good" game and a "bad" game is.

What you'd rather be playing is another matter entirely.My point is that if you or anyone looks at what game someone wants to play as something that needs to be taken seriously, you need to get a role model or something.

It's freaking entertainment. How can you say, "but let's not allow this "opinion" thing to get to our heads," with a straight face?

hermegildo
04-14-2006, 04:16 AM
My point is that if you or anyone looks at what game someone wants to play as something that needs to be taken seriously, you need to get a role model or something.
I think I said seriously "as far as video games are concerned".

And my point with the "opinion get to our heads" thing is that people tend to use taste or opinion alone as "proof" to something being good or not, when most of us really know better.

I mean, you might meet a hundred guys that like Rise of the Robots, but you know that the game sucks regardless.

To look at this from another perpective, I don't really like FPS, but does that mean that every single FPS is bad because I don't enjoy them?

Of course not, just like someone else enjoying something doesn't neccessarily make it good.

Dash no Chris
04-14-2006, 07:37 AM
KOF:MI2 Premiere Movie 2 (http://www.showtime.jp/game/) (next to the picture of Alba's "Another Model") is up at Japan's Showtime website. Jump to the 6:10 minute mark for footage of the recently-announced characters (Wild Wolf, Richard Myer, Hyena, Nightmare Geese). Sounds like Kong Kuwata (the voice of Geese, Duck, Genjuro, etc.) may be handling Richard Myer in this one. And it looks like "Wild Wolf" is the name of the MOTW Terry in MI2, not just his title/catchcopy.

--Chris

hanafuda
04-15-2006, 05:17 AM
I picked up the Dengeki from which those scans were taken.

If anyone wants more detail on the article and reviews then let me know.

insaneben
04-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm probably not the only one who's noticed this, but did anyone else here notice that most of the characters have short hair for their 2P outfits? (Examples include Kula, Luise, Alba, Mai, Yuri, and Lien.) Could it be that Falcoon's as obsessed with short hair as he is with bad fashion?

Domino-chan
04-16-2006, 03:58 AM
I'm probably not the only one who's noticed this, but did anyone else here notice that most of the characters have short hair for their 2P outfits? (Examples include Kula, Luise, Alba, Mai, Yuri, and Lien.) Could it be that Falcoon's as obsessed with short hair as he is with bad fashion?

I actually like his fashion sense. It's wild and weird, and very colorful.

But I do admit I was happy he kept Billy's business suit look as his alternate costume. The man cleans up nicely. :glee:

NeoDragoN
04-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Everyone likes way of the warrior!

Plisken
04-16-2006, 12:25 PM
nightmare geese looks awesome! i'd buy the game just to lay down some brutal ownage with him.
and for the record
yes i did like MI1
yes i do think MI2 looks loads better

JHendrix
04-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Well seeing as how I'm in Japan now, and this comes out on the 27th, I may just get to pick it up w/o having to import. :kekeke:

Sad part is I probably won't be able to play it till I get back to the states. :crying:

barf
04-19-2006, 06:56 AM
I couldn t read everything in this thread (so much), but in case you didnt know Metal Slug is just a challenge mode thing

there are 3 challenges:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060419/mi213.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060419/mi212.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060419/mi214.jpg

(recent coverage on watch.impress http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060419/mi2.htm)

Mr.Nemoperson
04-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Ummm Todo looks really shitty in that last pic. Like I could make that shit in 3DS MAX in an hour. The more pics they release of this game, the less appealing it looks.

hanafuda
04-19-2006, 06:31 PM

The truth.

Mr.Nemoperson
04-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Magicbox put up Famitsu's scores for the game ---> KOF Maximum Impact 2 (SNK Playmore): 8/ 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)

Pretty decent score I guess :)

laurie
04-30-2006, 08:11 AM
why all the bitching? Ive been playing for a few days now and its realy fun has loads of characters and looks good.

roker
04-30-2006, 08:46 AM
why all the bitching? Ive been playing for a few days now and its realy fun has loads of characters and looks good.

the new characters are shit

but even it weren't for that

there's still something missing

yep

like Neo Wave

this game has no soul

Valentini
04-30-2006, 10:17 AM
I have done the acquisition of MI2 on ps2 yesterday,the game is not too bad for a 3D version (better than the first MI)

I have Unlocked all secret's perso and take a screenshot on my TV screen with my mobile

You can see them here.

http://spaces.msn.com/blackjack777/blog/cns!31A33CBFC9738ED5!1096.entry

Valentini
04-30-2006, 10:19 AM
http://spaces.msn.com/blackjack777/blog/cns!31A33CBFC9738ED5!1096.entry