Kof : Neowave XB Jap has been out for 1 week?

sammaz

Quiz Detective
Jap release was supposed to be over a week ago but no word from anyone on it...My Neogeo MVS-2 upright has a xbox in it and I cant wait for this release to be playing on my neocab!

Anyone know what the deal is with this?:conf:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
sammaz said:
Jap release was supposed to be over a week ago but no word from anyone on it...My Neogeo MVS-2 upright has a xbox in it and I cant wait for this release to be playing on my neocab!

Anyone know what the deal is with this?:conf:

I was on vacation and didn't see it for sale at any of the big videogame shops in Hiroshima. I'll be checking akiba tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it too, need to see whether this or the ps2 version are the better buy.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
It's out, 4,300 yen new at sofmap (I think that was the store.) Didn't pick it up yet... sorry.:crying:

sammaz

Quiz Detective
GOT IT !!! (Xbox inside the neogeo MVS-2)

657580481_l.jpg

657580754_l.jpg

657581111_l.jpg

657581665_l.jpg

657581857_l.jpg

657582147_l.jpg

This IS the best Kof EVER!

(:buttrock: Havent played XI yet)

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
nice setup there sammaz i have my xbox in my neo geo cab to i cant wait to pick up the game today.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Is it any better than the ps2 port?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Now Loading?

Does the JPN version load complete w/ music restart in between rounds? The US release does, and it's enough to make me want to powerbomb my housecats.

On a more happy note, XI will make you so happy-thoughts of harming pets are sure to vanish. Believe that. KOF XI is the most fun I've had with KOF EVER.

Last edited:

sammaz

Quiz Detective
just got the new marquee for it also...looks better in person...its grey mostly but the camera makes it look orange\yellow

My best xbox game...

667634860_l.jpg

667637637_l.jpg

667638138_l.jpg

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
wataru330 said:
Does the JPN version load complete w/ music restart in between rounds? The US release does, and it's enough to make me want to powerbomb my housecats.

kof 98 and 99 on the dreamcast did that, it always annoyed me.

kof 2000 on dc didnt restart the music however.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
DashK said:
kof 98 and 99 on the dreamcast did that, it always annoyed me.

kof 2000 on dc didnt restart the music however.

on 99?
are you sure you're not thinking of the ps version or the NEO cd?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
rare is right

rarehero said:
on 99?
are you sure you're not thinking of the ps version or the NEO cd?

My '99 on DC spools the tunes just fine.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
He's probably talking about KOF 99 Dreammatch, on Dreamcast. You remember, they renamed KOF98 to KOF99 on the Dreamcast. The one that spools fine is named KOF 99 Evolution, and was the first console port of KOF to do that. Yeah, a little confusing on SNK's part. They should've kept the Dreamcast title to 98 instead of us only having the sub-title to differentiate them.

KOF95 on Saturn, continued the music, but paused between fighters.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
What kind of setups do you have for the X-box in your cab?

I want to do this with mine, and a dreamcast

I have seen 2 sites, but they dont look to trustworthy

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
heh neowave is 5 button game and its on a 4 button cab?:lol:

I'd say xbox ver. is better since the live is very nice,5 star job. the lobby and can have up to 8 ppl and when waiting you can play the cpu until some1 plays you. damn near laggLESS. You ccan play with filter graphics at the highest and with 3D backgrounds without slowdown(unlike pos2). The input seems less stiff on the xbox also. the only thing gay is they drop maylee and angel.:annoyed:

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
wataru330 said:

That's an awesome mental image. I LOLed for a long time at that!

What about the PS2 version, does it restart the music?

The DC 98 port did that and it drove me insane.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Kind of off topic, but just how is the PS2 port? How does it fare up to the Atomiswave version? What are the negative points?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
The PS2 port has a remixed soundtrack, sprite filtering, and 3d backgrounds. Plus it has Angel and May-Lee Seth, Kusanagi and Rugal who were not in the AW game.
The downsides are the slight pauses between rounds. And their is a tiny bit of slowdown on some 3d stages when certain filters are used. But its nothing crippling. The only other problem with it is that on the 3D stages you get a day and night version. But you only play one round on the day stage. And then it just goes over to the night version for the rest of the match.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
What up Jake!!!

RBjakeSpecial said:
That's an awesome mental image. I LOLed for a long time at that!

What about the PS2 version, does it restart the music?

The DC 98 port did that and it drove me insane.

Glad to give the laughs...I remember laughing like crazy (thanks to this very site, SomethingAwful, and the cops showing up) @ your house in Chiba, circa TGS 2k4 w/ Rass, 8-1, and Tsuka! How you been, man? Wish I was still in teh neighborhood, we could check out NeoWave XB in person.

Back on topic, not sure about the PS2 version...I'm drunk...I think someone already spoke to the issue.

I've yet to have as much fun playing neo ( Real Bout was on like Donkey Kong!), or eating @ a Denny's as I did with all of the above mentioned members. Give my best to any of those dudes you happen to come across, and arigato gozaimashita for a rad weekend.

The only reason I keep my DC '98 is for the sunrise styleed intro. Big fun.:D

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
wataru330 said:
Glad to give the laughs...I remember laughing like crazy (thanks to this very site, SomethingAwful, and the cops showing up) @ your house in Chiba, circa TGS 2k4 w/ Rass, 8-1, and Tsuka! How you been, man? Wish I was still in teh neighborhood, we could check out NeoWave XB in person.

WORD up man. Haven't heard from you in YEARS! I live in Tokyo now at a different place. Unfortunately 81 and Rassolin have moved back to America, shattering the TEAM JAPAN NEO-GEO.COM chapter. We will have to sign up new members and beat them mercilessly at SamSho and Virtua Fighter!

Life is good here, I work at a jr. high and study now. Been playing a shit load of games.

ON TOPIC- Neowave is cool, it has shermie.