PS2 import qustion!

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
Hey guys! I just found out Japan is releasing a Kof XI but the things is my ps2 isn't modded or anything! Is there like a disc swapping thing or was it strictly all mod chip?

Can americans go online with japanese games?

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Yes, you can swap discs. Get a SwapMagic 3.6 set that includes whatever tools you need for your PS2 (old ones need a slide card w/ optional tray door replacement; new ones need some other tool).

As far as I know, you won't be able to play online with them.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
I like to help people out and I don't like to pick on newbies, but posting a PS2 TECH SUPPORT question, on a Neo Geo board, in the NEWS & RUMORS section..... :shame: :chimp:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Pep said:
I like to help people out and I don't like to pick on newbies, but posting a PS2 TECH SUPPORT question, on a Neo Geo board, in the NEWS & RUMORS section..... :shame: :chimp:

It's a strech but it is related to KOF. Maybe that is why it was posted here.

GAMEFAN

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
LOL, good point!....... but still you have a lost case.....it's not New & Rumors related....hence he is giulty :make_fac:

TimeKillr

New Challenger
CarlosZ said:
Hey guys! I just found out Japan is releasing a Kof XI but the things is my ps2 isn't modded or anything! Is there like a disc swapping thing or was it strictly all mod chip?

Can americans go online with japanese games?

I can at least answer your second question:

NO.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Actually, I think there is a way you might be able to go online with it, even if you live outside of Japan, but you would need a Japanese ps2 (because along with checking for the proper dnas on the disc, while signing online it would also check to make sure you had a Japanese region ps2). After that you would just need to read Japanese enough to set up an account for yourself and it'll cost you 900 yen per month to play it (although you might experience lag if you're not in Japan). Other than that, I think you'd be good to go. Not totally sure though, so you might want to ask someone else before splurging on a Japanese ps2.