Metal Slug GBA Preview

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
That video from last year is not from GBA. The resolution is too high and the anti-aliasing is too advanced for GBA hardware.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug advance was great...as far as graphics and sound go. The enemies regenerating and gameplay changes....were not great. If they build on that and try to make a slick port I will be all over it. I just hope it doesn't freeze up on my SP2 or DS like MSA does :(

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
enomosiki said:
That video from last year is not from GBA. The resolution is too high and the anti-aliasing is too advanced for GBA hardware.

Yeah, I thought that looked too good to be GBA, but I think the screenshots are from the GBA version though, and they look pretty good.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The GBA version is a non-event now that the collection is scheduled for PSP.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
The GBA version is a non-event now that the collection is scheduled for PSP.

I kind of agree...except it will just look nicer on a new GBA SP2 screen. [or the DS lite for that matter] The PSP screen ghosts like a mofo on 2D.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
pixeljunkie said:
I kind of agree...except it will just look nicer on a new GBA SP2 screen. [or the DS lite for that matter] The PSP screen ghosts like a mofo on 2D.
OR on the Micro, imagine high quality Slug in a cell phone-sized package!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
KBneospy said:
OR on the Micro, imagine high quality Slug in a cell phone-sized package!

For sure. The main reason I am still holding out for these releases is for some GBA Micro action to and from work.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
hanafudaX said:
Yeah, I thought that looked too good to be GBA, but I think the screenshots are from the GBA version though, and they look pretty good.

These ones?:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/metalslug/screenindex.html

Those are not GBA at all. They're just from the original emulated game with some stupid graphic filter. The GBA doesn't have the resolution to display the same on screen as the NG version.

Smiley

Quiz Detective
I didn't like the metal slug game for gba..imo, they made it too easy (gave the main player a lifebar instead of being killed by one hit), and I only played for about five minutes before I stopped.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Smiley said:
I didn't like the metal slug game for gba..imo, they made it too easy (gave the main player a lifebar instead of being killed by one hit), and I only played for about five minutes before I stopped.
If you ever decide to play through the entire game, you'll see that the difficulty (while not the highest), isn't exactly a joke either. I'm sure anyone who isn't lying can back me up on this. ;)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
RocketLawnChair said:
If you ever decide to play through the entire game, you'll see that the difficulty (while not the highest), isn't exactly a joke either. I'm sure anyone who isn't lying can back me up on this. ;)

Agreed, the life bar thing was a plus in this game. There were some tough areas and enemies repawned if you went on way and came back. Ad to that the fact that they would fire as soon as they appeared on screen with quick bullets. All in all I thought it was very well made.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Actually that whole last level(Metal Slug Advance) was pretty challenging with 1 life bar. I beat it but it sure took a few tries.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
MilkManX said:
Actually that whole last level(Metal Slug Advance) was pretty challenging with 1 life bar. I beat it but it sure took a few tries.

Ditto. That ish is harder than most Metal Slugs imo.

Josh

Banned
SNKP issued all of the gamer media those video/images GAMESPOT has there. If you look at some of the explosions in the video, it could be plausible. You never know, and who the hell knows what SNKP is doing, but if a company gets gratification by NINTENDO's quality control, that company will encounter many $30 investors. :D

mcd.jpg

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Eri and Fio weren't in the 1st Metal Slug arcade. Did SNK/Playmore include Eri and Fio in the Metal Slug GBA version?.:spock: :)