King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2 becomes KOF 2006

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
If it had been changed to KOF 12 that would of been the final nail in the confin, so maybe not.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Agreed. Besides, the article makes it pretty clear that there will be another 2D sequel and an XBox port of Neowave. Sounds like good news for KoF, so maybe the series isn't quite up to the old snuff, but it's still news :drool:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
kanakura said:
This News are more than a week old... :spock:

see here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141331

And NO... This is not the end of the 2D Games... :shame:
:rolleyes:
he said the end of 2D king of fighters not 2D games. read.
and I think, since KOF2K3 and KOF 11 are part of a trilogy there will be atleast one more offering. take into account the awesome new character(s) introduced in the AW outing and you can take confort in knowing that this is probably a sign that more of the same is to come - but probably not alot more.
3D KOF is horrible. so generic. I can't be more emphatic about how generic this game is and looks. bah..
Fatal Fury Wild Ambitions is alot more in line with traditional SNK. whatever.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
What the fuck playmore-usa is thinking releasing Neo Wave in the US now. It's too late for neowave and they are FAR behind in the US. bring Neogeo Battle Coliseum, SSTenka and XI there ASAP.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, you Americans are the LUCKY ones. Europe ist still waiting for 2k3...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SNK should just stop the bullshit. MI is garbage and so is 3D kof.

You have to admit they are making less, and less 2d games. I doubt in 2020 anyone will be able to buy new 2d games, and if they were availible you could probably download them for $5 off your playstation 6. Eventually I bet they will have a SNK compilation disc with every game they released for like $20.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
derboo said:
Well, you Americans are the LUCKY ones. Europe ist still waiting for 2k3...

Quoted for the truth! :crying:

I e-mailed Ignition the UK distributers once they game me a list of UK release dates.. pretty much all of them still arent released and NONE of them got there originally release date or anywhere near.

I have a King of Fighters 02/03 promo video from Ignition that says "Coming Q2 05" yea right on track with them :oh_no:

I e-mailed them recently again with no response what so ever, its a god damned joke.

starman

Armored Scrum Object
CruelSummer80's said:
You have to admit they are making less, and less 2d games. I doubt in 2020 anyone will be able to buy new 2d games, and if they were availible you could probably download them for $5 off your playstation 6. Eventually I bet they will have a SNK compilation disc with every game they released for like $20.
Although I'm all for a sweet compilation disc... 2d will never die! May Thor smite you for your vicious words.

teh legnd nevar die!!111one!!

crazymadone

Crazed MVS Addict
Basically, it just means that the mainstream won't buy it next year :loco:. They should have stuck with the original title

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
CruelSummer80's said:
...Eventually I bet they will have a SNK compilation disc with every game they released for like $20.

I'm waiting for that day. Hopefully it will come soon. :drool_2:

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
I was hoping 2006 would be in 2D. Matter of fact redraw all the characters to look like they do in Garou.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Quit bitching, the animation was really improved in KOF XI. Every character got more of a makeover than in most recent KOFs.

That KOF is fucking excellent.