Just bought a 4 slot, it's dirty, best way to clean with?

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
The pcb is really dirty underneath, what is the best way to clean it?

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Strip it down to a bare board, wash it with a hole and neutral detergent, scrubing with an old soft toothbrush.

Rinse it throughly, dry it with a towel and then use a blowdryer and a can of compressed air to remove trapped water from under any chips.

Let it dry for a day, reasemble everything and BANG! You've got a minty clean working board :-)

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Thanks for the info, but damn, I'm not sure I can do that, scared I fuck it up....

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Why be scared at all?

All the components are sealed. The board is OFF.
Just remember to strip it down and remove the battery (if any) and you'll be safe. Some folks even toss their boards inside the DISHWASHER and they come out OK.

If they're dry when you plug them back in, everything's gonna be fine. I've done this countless times :-)

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Well, alright, so the board is not connected in any way means it is OFF right? It can't be ON now, can it?

Also, how can I see the board has batteries?

I'm a total noob when it comes to MVS boards and cleaning them...did countless carts etc. but not this.

BTW, what use do the A and B slots on the front have?

mvs4slot.jpg

Last edited:

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Dreamer said:
Well, alright, so the board is not connected in any way means it is OFF right? It can't be ON now, can it?

Also, how can I see the board has batteries?

I'm a total noob when it comes to MVS boards and cleaning them...did countless carts etc. but not this.

BTW, what use do the A and B slots on the front have?

mvs4slot.jpg
Card reader cables plug in there.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
You have to take the board apart to see if it's got any batteries.

To wash the board, you need to remove it from the metal cage and remove any loose parts.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Wow Great picture of MVS Slot Covers...Did the Motherboard come with the Slot covers on it like that..

I have some of those covers(cost me a few bucks on Ebay so don't trash them) but I've never put them on a board to see what the look like..

Does this board fully work..?

So how clean do you actually want to get this board..?

Are you looking just to get the general dust and dirt off of it.?..Or do you want it to be in pristine cleanliness.

Pristine cleanliness.you'd have to take the board apart.

If you just want to get off the general dust and dirt,Use some compressed air.
I use a Toothbrush and compressed air..I'd remove the top cover and do the HardMVS Slot cleaning too.
I depends on just how dirty the board is,you may no choice but to take it apart...Some dirt can be blown out..
Me: I'd never take a board apart unless I had to for a repair..As much as I do know about boards I'm to scared I'd mess something up.:emb::(
..I try anyway I can to clean them so I don't have to split them,*(2-4 slot)..Taking the cover off is simple so I'll do that.

Hey,if you do take the board apart,might as well put a UNI BIOS chip in while you have it apart.;)

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Wow Great picture of MVS Slot Covers...Did the Motherboard come with the Slot covers on it like that..

I have some of those covers(cost me a few bucks on Ebay so don't trash them) but I've never put them on a board to see what the look like..

Does this board fully work..?

So how clean do you actually want to get this board..?

Are you looking just to get the general dust and dirt off of it.?..Or do you want it to be in pristine cleanliness.

Pristine cleanliness.you'd have to take the board apart.

If you just want to get off the general dust and dirt,Use some compressed air.
I use a Toothbrush and compressed air..I'd remove the top cover and do the HardMVS Slot cleaning too.
I depends on just how dirty the board is,you may no choice but to take it apart...Some dirt can be blown out..
Me: I'd never take a board apart unless I had to for a repair..As much as I do know about boards I'm to scared I'd mess something up.:emb::(
..I try anyway I can to clean them so I don't have to split them,*(2-4 slot)..Taking the cover off is simple so I'll do that.

Hey,if you do take the board apart,might as well put a UNI BIOS chip in while you have it apart.;)

Thanks hehe, I have never seen them on a mvs slot either so I took the pic, yeah they came with the board.

What did you pay for them if I may ask?

I haven't tested the board yet, but the dude said it works...I'm waiting on my 1st mvs game to arrive this week and then I'll buy a supergun next week, so I can test it next week.

As for the cleaning, yeah I'll buy some compressed air and do the toothbrush thing, it's not that dirty....