Wavy colors on my AES.

skawlbox

n00b
I recently acquired this AES system, and it has some funky stuff going on with it. Keep in mind, I know the basics with these things. But when I fire the system up, the opening logo has weird wavy colors around the outlines of the letters. The same wavy colors surround pretty much every outline, in every game I try.
The only real way I can describe it, is if you had some burn in on a monitor, and align it just a bit outside of the burn.
Also when I barely adjust the av cables, the sound will crackle and completely cut out. I have to fuck with them for a few minutes to get sound back, but the video always stays fine. I don't have access to another set of the video/mono cables to test to see if the one I'm using is bad, or if something internal is going on!
If anyone has had this problem or has a clue to what I'm talking about, please feel free to give me suggestions. Thanks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
skawlbox said:
I recently acquired this AES system, and it has some funky stuff going on with it. Keep in mind, I know the basics with these things. But when I fire the system up, the opening logo has weird wavy colors around the outlines of the letters. The same wavy colors surround pretty much every outline, in every game I try.
The only real way I can describe it, is if you had some burn in on a monitor, and align it just a bit outside of the burn.
Also when I barely adjust the av cables, the sound will crackle and completely cut out. I have to fuck with them for a few minutes to get sound back, but the video always stays fine. I don't have access to another set of the video/mono cables to test to see if the one I'm using is bad, or if something internal is going on!
If anyone has had this problem or has a clue to what I'm talking about, please feel free to give me suggestions. Thanks.

My guess is that your cart slot is making a bad connection...

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The problem described doesn't sound like corrupt graphics. The sound issue is most likely a break in the a/v cable or the a/v jack either needs cleaned or has a bad solder joint.

The wavy graphics are from the crappy video signal of the Neo.

Jeff