Planet-SNK visits SNK Playmore in Osaka...

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
After the interview with Falcoon at SNK Playmore Booth at TGS2005, Planet-SNK visits SNK Playmore's head office in Osaka.
(TGS interview here: http://www.planet-snk.de/?show=article&id=2978&page=1)

Now, Planet-SNK take a look in behind the scenes and ask about past and future and solve the mystery behind die EURO Kizuna Encounter and what happen with G-Mantle... and many more...

But sadly, we must wait, because the interview can only be released after e3 in L.A.

Here are 3 Pics from Osaka::mr_t:

01b.jpg

03b.jpg

02b.jpg

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
They really should have made G-Mantle the boss of NGBC. They really dropped the damn ball with that one...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
that fat bastard Falcoon is SNKP's spokesperson - I can hardly understand this - they really should have someone incharge of public relations that isn't this third rate artist.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Geez, so much hatred.

Anywho, looking forward to the article!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good stuff man, keep us posted.

My face has turned slightly green...:envy: :drool:

aria

Former Moderator
They're the people that used to make the Neo...rofls.

Seriously though, I kind of agree that the spokesperson looks a little odd for a spokesperson... he's probably "one who speaks English". ...or German, or whatever language the rest of the world is babbling in.

You should've pooled some questions. I bet, despite the initial wave of crap, you'd've actually got some good suggestions.

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Bobak said:
Seriously though, I kind of agree that the spokesperson looks a little odd for a spokesperson... he's probably "one who speaks English". ...or German, or whatever language the rest of the world is babbling in.

People in japan speak japanese.... "konnichi ha" :rolleyes: ;)

Falcoon is only one Interview, because he is the producer of KoF MI2.
Planet-SNK spoke with other persons (long time working for SNK) too... ;)

planet-snk06.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
kanakura said:
People in japan speak japanese.... "konnichi ha" :rolleyes: ;)

Holy sweet JESUS, seriously!? No wonder they all kept looking at me weird when I was talking to them. All this time I just figured they were all retarded (mongolism)... or at least the ones who couldn't make it off the island!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
falcoon is a great artist

yeah,he is kinda fat

big fucking deal,who cares ?

do you have to fuck him or appreciate his art ?

snk building is kind of neat but

neogeoland is no longer there

the second smaller arcade center right in front of the entrance of snk building is also gone

so basically there's no point in going to esaka anymore

unless you want to see that kof 98 background or something fanboystic like that

which is what i did

But sadly, we must wait, because the interview can only be released after e3 in L.

so what's the point in opening the thread now ? :chimp:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Fran said:
falcoon is a great artist

yeah,he is kinda fat

big fucking deal,who cares ?

do you have to fuck him or appreciate his art ?

snk building is kind of neat but

neogeoland is no longer there

the second smaller arcade center right in front of the entrance of snk building is also gone

so basically there's no point in going to esaka anymore

unless you want to see that kof 98 background or something fanboystic like that

which is what i did

so what's the point in opening the thread now ? :chimp:

I'm kind of suprised that you like his art style but that's fine since it's all about personal tastes as technically he seems quite good. I, however dislike what he brings to the table as opposed to what has come before in SNKs history.

it's just strange that he's climbed so far up in the company that every other bit of info (which is accurate alot of the time - he's not like Herman) comes from him. I just find it a bit confusing.
the point of this thread is to bring attention to that German site that done the interview, in Japanese no less. wooh..

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
DevilRedeemed said:
the point of this thread is to bring attention to that German site that done the interview, in Japanese no less. wooh..

You mean like "attention-whore"? I'm not surprised...

Falcoon has good technical skills when it comes to drawing, but I never liked his style. And it wonders me how in the world he rose up the ranks so fast.

Last edited:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
One would presume it's because he is a recognisable face amongst a rather personalityless modern company.

I don't like his stuff either.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Baseley09 said:
One would presume it's because he is a recognisable face amongst a rather personalityless modern company.

I don't like his stuff either.

my sentiment. I don't like his designs too, especially the girls' desgins (malin and the MI girls).

Last edited:

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Maybe I'm too much of a fanboy but I'd find it kinda cool to visit the SNKP HQ, even though there's probably not more to see than an office building with a Neo Geo sign.
Of course it would have been even nicer to go there when they were still SNK and when the Neo was more popular.

I regret that I never had a chance to go to their theme park, assuming it was a bit more exciting than Sega's place in Odaiba...

aria

Former Moderator
Grandmaster B said:
Maybe I'm too much of a fanboy but I'd find it kinda cool to visit the SNKP HQ, even though there's probably not more to see than an office building with a Neo Geo sign.
Of course it would have been even nicer to go there when they were still SNK and when the Neo was more popular.

I regret that I never had a chance to go to their theme park, assuming it was a bit more exciting than Sega's place in Odaiba...

I would've loved to visit them in the old days (when they were just SNK). I've heard their original US Office in Torrance, CA was a pretty neat place from those who used to visit it.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, I wonder who might have some pics of the old buildings? Although I could still stand a visit to the new offices. That would be cool...

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Looking forward to seeing the interview when released. Maybe we might see some info on when KOFXI will be ported to PS2?

Hey I can hope can't I?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
nice man wondering what the interview will be like. anyhows, falcoon aint bad or anything but he sure as hell aint their best artist.

personally i really like the ss64 artist and the one who did the art for warriors rage 2 ps1, also the new nbc artist is great along with the guy who always used to draw the gba art for kof, forgot his name though. i think he might be the same guy from the poster of kof with ramons team facing the US sports team where you see heavy D looking for ramon but hes allready up in tha air and lucky's trying to point him that way while vannessa is watching ramon over brians shoulders. are these guys actually still working for snkp or where thet just hired for 1 or 2 games? if so i really think they should hire some of these people, theyre great.

MUSOLINI said:
nice man wondering what the interview will be like. anyhows, falcoon aint bad or anything but he sure as hell aint their best artist.

personally i really like the ss64 artist and the one who did the art for warriors rage 2 ps1, also the new nbc artist is great along with the guy who always used to draw the gba art for kof, forgot his name though. i think he might be the same guy from the poster of kof with ramons team facing the US sports team where you see heavy D looking for ramon but hes allready up in tha air and lucky's trying to point him that way while vannessa is watching ramon over brians shoulders. are these guys actually still working for snkp or where thet just hired for 1 or 2 games? if so i really think they should hire some of these people, theyre great.

1) The artist of all the SS64 games (including Warrior's Rage 2) is Kita Senri. He/she also did the artwork for the Nakoruru dating sim.

2) The NGBC artist is Garoua (sp?).

3) The KOF artist is Hiroaki. He did that "Ramon vs. USA Sports Team" poster that you mentioned. He's also done artwork for Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition, KOF EX 2, Buriki One, and drew the covers for King of Fighters 2000 (Dreamcast), 2001 (Neo-Geo), 2002 (Neo-Geo), and Neo-Geo Battle Collesium (PS2). (Not to mention a little something called KOF XI; you might've heard of it.)

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
DevilRedeemed said:
that fat bastard Falcoon is SNKP's spokesperson - I can hardly understand this - they really should have someone incharge of public relations that isn't this third rate artist.

Seriously, I smell bacon. I should be their PR person, fuck I live in Osaka, look like a wall street broker in a suit (not to sound like a cocky bahsted), love SNK, and can speak Japanese enough to order a pon de ring at misuta donatsu. In fact, I used to be tight with a guy who worked there before they went belly up... just to come back like that cat, Church in Pet Sematary.. the same but, something very wrong and evil.

If someone with brains was at SNK they would have released an arcade classics disc with old schoolies such as Victory Road, baseball stars, etc. The reason players are only playing fighting games is because SNK offers nothing else. Their can't be a market without product or promotion. Gawd these people think like fucking cogs in a machine...

Last edited:

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
KRONOS said:
If someone with brains was at SNK they would have released an arcade classics disc with old schoolies such as Victory Road, baseball stars, etc. The reason players are only playing fighting games is because SNK offers nothing else. Their can't be a market without product or promotion. Gawd these people think like fucking cogs in a machine...

Not to mention that the European and the American distributers, Ignition and SNKP of America, are not even doing a proper job at marketing the products.

Whenever I go to a game store, I have never even seen anything of SNKP's games, except for copies of SvC, MSA, MS3, and maybe a KoF:MI, most of them with sun-faded covers on the cases. And even that's rare occurance enough.