My monitor dilema

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I ordered a "NeoGeo Monitor" off of ebay which the seller claims was taken, in working state, from a Neo Geo cabinet. The price was right, so I took a shot, and I may have been burned. The monitor came in today in the worst packing I've ever seen. Its in a beat up ass box packed with childern's clothing and garbage (seriously garbage).

One of the wires comming from the tube looks to be ripped from the PCB. Also, the degaussing coil is connected to nothing. I carefully discharged the monitor and removed the annode and neck board so I can work on it. Oh yeah and the metal frame around that goes around the monitor was not included in the box.

I basically need a schematic for this monitor's PCB so I can troubleshoot it and hopefully get it working. I could not find a manufacturers name anywhere on the PCB, only Hitachi on the tube. The PCB however has 2 stickers that read "Chassis No. CG-19A" and "HGR1901V 880623". From what I could gather from google, it is a Sampo brand chassis and a Hitachi tube.

Does anyone have the manual and or a schematic for this monitor? I want to try and power it up asap so I know if I need to try and get my money back or not.

Thanks for any help.
Bill

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
So after doing a lot of digging and researching, I found out my monitor is a Sampo KGR 1901 (Chssis # CG-19A). I was able to locate a schematic for the monitor and locate where the broken wire goes. I'm going to attempt to repair it this evening, and hopefully the monitor works properly after.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Did you fix the monitor bud.....?..

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Nah I haven't yet. I plan on it, just been very busy.

-B