can you use a monitor without the little adjustment pad?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
What I mean by "adjustment pad" is the thing that controls vert hold, brightness and all that jazz. MUST it be hooked up to work? Right now I've got a monitor that was known to work very well, but without that piece pluged in, it just displays a very thin line going horizontal on the monitor. I honestly don't knowwhat I did with the damn thing, to be honest. Am I screwed if I don't find it, or can I make it work still?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Spike Spiegel said:
What I mean by "adjustment pad" is the thing that controls vert hold, brightness and all that jazz. MUST it be hooked up to work? Right now I've got a monitor that was known to work very well, but without that piece pluged in, it just displays a very thin line going horizontal on the monitor. I honestly don't knowwhat I did with the damn thing, to be honest. Am I screwed if I don't find it, or can I make it work still?

You need that part.(monitor adjustment board)...I think it can be bought if you search it out using the monitor type/model..

When I brought my Tekken 3 cab in that boars plug came off and i got that same thin line going horizontal on the monitor..

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
As far as I know all monitors need this to work, and I have heard in some cases, if you power up a monitor without it, you could permanently damage it. Find it if you can.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Damn it... what did I do with the damn thing? UGH. Hey chris, upon finding one, did the monitor work okay?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Spike Spiegel said:
Damn it... what did I do with the damn thing? UGH. Hey chris, upon finding one, did the monitor work okay?

I found the board hanging in the cab with the plug out..I had plugged in the cab after bringing it in and when I saw that line I was like Oh No.
Messing arouns inside I found where it was unplugged,plugged it in and it was fine worked/works great..

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
With some monitors, running without that sub pcb can cause real problems. You were lucky it only resulted in a frame collapse (because the height pot was disconnected).

With my Kortek monitors the horizontal frequency runs way off speed with that board disconnected (no horizontal hold), Im sure it would destroy the H output transistor if left to run like that.

Always ensure its plugged in before powering up the cab.