PDA

View Full Version : OK! Here's what I heard...

Electric Grave
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
SNK was about to make a prequel to the SNK universe, and have the oldies duke it out in a fighting game. They said the roster was like this;

Young Takuma
Young Geese (Main guy of the game, before he turn in to a kingpin)
Young Krauser
Adult Tung Fue Rue
Young Saisyu Kusanagi
Adult Chin
Young Todo
Young Lee

And a bunch more I can't remember, this project however was cancelled and replaced with mark of the wolves.

Is there truth in this?

LWK
03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Sounds like bullshit to me, and as a guy who can detect cat piss much easier then others, I'd say you are best to go with my view here.

jro
03-08-2006, 05:46 PM
No, just no.

Lashujin
03-08-2006, 08:26 PM
No, and I'm betting you "heard" this from yourself

qube
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM

LMAO

qube
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Double post ??

OrochiEddie
03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
no way in hell.

DecepticonZero
03-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi,

Im new to this forum so Im sure I will get flamed. The thread starter is a close friend of mine and he heard this rumor from me. It all spawns from this image.

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/3808/shinkiro6og.jpg

I read this long thread on another board stating that this was rough artwork for a canceled game staring the older guys of the Fatal Fury timeline, but back in the day when they were all young. Dunno if there is any truth to this, but I'm sure thats why he was asking. Were just a small group of friends who love to talk SNK..thats all...

daybona
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
That nun is gunna whip someones ass....

DecepticonZero
03-09-2006, 12:03 AM
That nun is gunna whip someones ass....

From what they say on the "other" forum, that is supposed to be either Geese's wife or his mother... I guess verdict is still out on that.:(

roninbuddha
03-09-2006, 12:34 AM
the image doesnt mean jack shit.

it's just prolly an artistic interpretation by shinkirou on the back story of fatal fury.

but i think there was a novel (or was it a manga?) which tells the story of Geese's claim to southtown fame

hermegildo
03-09-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't think companies pay illustrators to do finished artwork for games they may or may not be releasing.

Like roninbuddha said, it's probably just one of those illustrations that doesn't really have do with any game in particular that SNK does every once in a while.

There was an illustration with Franco Bash, Hokutomaru, Hwa Jai and a few other characters in a "KOF 2004" locker room. That doesn't mean that there's a game being made about them.

Same thing here, I assume.

EDIT: I'd never seen that illustration before, so that is the thread's redeeming value.

:tickled:

DecepticonZero
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Makes sense to me...

Now to get my hands on this novel/manga

SML
03-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Everything you've heard is true.

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/amadeus/amadeus-poster04.jpg

roker
03-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Double post ??

yeah Qube

it was a double post

that's some keen observation there

ki_atsushi
03-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Everything you've heard is true.

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/amadeus/amadeus-poster04.jpg

Ahahahaha.

Fygee
03-09-2006, 04:19 AM
Fake or not, its a pretty cool idea.

hanafuda
03-09-2006, 06:19 AM

Cool image. Would like to know the story behind it. There must be some reason for the sudden appearance of that nun..

Electric Grave
03-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Hi,

Im new to this forum so Im sure I will get flamed. The thread starter is a close friend of mine and he heard this rumor from me. It all spawns from this image.

I read this long thread on another board stating that this was rough artwork for a canceled game staring the older guys of the Fatal Fury timeline, but back in the day when they were all young. Dunno if there is any truth to this, but I'm sure thats why he was asking. Were just a small group of friends who love to talk SNK..thats all...

Hey! Thanks for the calvary!

It would off been an awsome game though!

DecepticonZero
03-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Cool image. Would like to know the story behind it. There must be some reason for the sudden appearance of that nun..

Yeah I love the picture, Im a huge Shinkiro fan. According to the recent know it all on the other forum, this pic shows all of the oldies during there better days. Geese is in the middle, then going clockwise : Takuma, Joe Higashi's father, young Jeff Bogard, Geese's Mother or wife, Andy's real father, young Mr Big, and Tung Fu Rue. The guy said that they drew Geese very similar to Terry because this was going to be the game where they connected them as father and son. This whole theory is out the window now though, but maybe thats what the manga is about??? I did manage to find this picture in a collection of pictures scanned from a older SNK art book. There is a small description beside it. If I post it can anyone here read Kanji? That might help me get to the bottom of this

Darklighterx
03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah, post the chicken scratches.

Hecker
03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Anyone remember the rumor started in Gamefan about SNK making a Samurai Showdown vs Last Blade game that was going to be called the "King of Blades"? What a cock tease that was.

EvilMike
03-09-2006, 10:30 AM

Well I really doubt it is true but I would have enjoyed it. I dig the image.

EvilMike
03-09-2006, 10:36 AM
BTW care to link to this thread on another forum?

Evil Wasabi
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I think he joined just to tell us all that information... How considerate.

DecepticonZero
03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I justjoined after reading this forum for a few years. I joined to chime in my two cents and to help stop a flame war my friend was getting himself envolved in..haha.

This pic has been on my computer for awhile, so let me dig and ill find the old thread. Is it ok for me to hot link it here? Alot of forums frown upon that.

SouthtownKid
03-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi,

I read this long thread on another board stating that this was rough artwork for a canceled game staring the older guys of the Fatal Fury timeline, but back in the day when they were all young. Dunno if there is any truth to this, but I'm sure thats why he was asking. Were just a small group of friends who love to talk SNK..thats all...Before you get too crazy about guesses who is who, the guy you think is Takuma (mustache guy in the gi to the left of young Geese) is actually a younger Jubei Yamada, according to Shinkiro's notes.

Electric Grave
03-13-2006, 02:38 PM
How you like that picture?

Pocketgamer
03-13-2006, 03:13 PM
meh...

Nesagwa
03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Ive seen the art before.

Isnt it from one of the All About SNK books or whatever?

Either way, this is one more reason this guy should just be ghosted forever.

Dash no Chris
03-13-2006, 09:58 PM
This illustration appears on page 61 of "Gamest Mook Vol. 39: SNK Illustrations." The caption indicates that the illustration was produced for a Garou Densetsu short novel, and that portions of it dealt with the younger days of Geese Howard, Yamada Jubei, etc. The caption does not specify the names of each character in the illustration.

--Chris

LoneSage
03-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Ha, awesome looking picture...I think a prequel that would have intertwined the older characters from FF and AOF would have been great. The backstory with the nun's got me interested now, and Mr. Big...what a badass.

Thanks for the pic.