OK! Here's what I heard...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SNK was about to make a prequel to the SNK universe, and have the oldies duke it out in a fighting game. They said the roster was like this;

Young Takuma
Young Geese (Main guy of the game, before he turn in to a kingpin)
Young Krauser
Adult Tung Fue Rue
Young Saisyu Kusanagi
Adult Chin
Young Todo
Young Lee

And a bunch more I can't remember, this project however was cancelled and replaced with mark of the wolves.

Is there truth in this?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Sounds like bullshit to me, and as a guy who can detect cat piss much easier then others, I'd say you are best to go with my view here.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hi,

Im new to this forum so Im sure I will get flamed. The thread starter is a close friend of mine and he heard this rumor from me. It all spawns from this image.

shinkiro6og.jpg

I read this long thread on another board stating that this was rough artwork for a canceled game staring the older guys of the Fatal Fury timeline, but back in the day when they were all young. Dunno if there is any truth to this, but I'm sure thats why he was asking. Were just a small group of friends who love to talk SNK..thats all...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
daybona said:
That nun is gunna whip someones ass....

From what they say on the "other" forum, that is supposed to be either Geese's wife or his mother... I guess verdict is still out on that.:(

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
the image doesnt mean jack shit.

it's just prolly an artistic interpretation by shinkirou on the back story of fatal fury.

but i think there was a novel (or was it a manga?) which tells the story of Geese's claim to southtown fame

H

hermegildo

I don't think companies pay illustrators to do finished artwork for games they may or may not be releasing.

Like roninbuddha said, it's probably just one of those illustrations that doesn't really have do with any game in particular that SNK does every once in a while.

There was an illustration with Franco Bash, Hokutomaru, Hwa Jai and a few other characters in a "KOF 2004" locker room. That doesn't mean that there's a game being made about them.

Same thing here, I assume.

EDIT: I'd never seen that illustration before, so that is the thread's redeeming value.

:tickled:

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Everything you've heard is true.

amadeus-poster04.jpg

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fake or not, its a pretty cool idea.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
DecepticonZero said:

Cool image. Would like to know the story behind it. There must be some reason for the sudden appearance of that nun..

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DecepticonZero said:
Hi,

Im new to this forum so Im sure I will get flamed. The thread starter is a close friend of mine and he heard this rumor from me. It all spawns from this image.

shinkiro6og.jpg

I read this long thread on another board stating that this was rough artwork for a canceled game staring the older guys of the Fatal Fury timeline, but back in the day when they were all young. Dunno if there is any truth to this, but I'm sure thats why he was asking. Were just a small group of friends who love to talk SNK..thats all...

Hey! Thanks for the calvary!

It would off been an awsome game though!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Cool image. Would like to know the story behind it. There must be some reason for the sudden appearance of that nun..

Yeah I love the picture, Im a huge Shinkiro fan. According to the recent know it all on the other forum, this pic shows all of the oldies during there better days. Geese is in the middle, then going clockwise : Takuma, Joe Higashi's father, young Jeff Bogard, Geese's Mother or wife, Andy's real father, young Mr Big, and Tung Fu Rue. The guy said that they drew Geese very similar to Terry because this was going to be the game where they connected them as father and son. This whole theory is out the window now though, but maybe thats what the manga is about??? I did manage to find this picture in a collection of pictures scanned from a older SNK art book. There is a small description beside it. If I post it can anyone here read Kanji? That might help me get to the bottom of this

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
Anyone remember the rumor started in Gamefan about SNK making a Samurai Showdown vs Last Blade game that was going to be called the "King of Blades"? What a cock tease that was.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
BTW care to link to this thread on another forum?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think he joined just to tell us all that information... How considerate.