XB KOF 94 Re-Bout Cancelled

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Damn! Any other links confirming this?
How fucking retarded is that, to announce a game, have a release date, let that date slip, and then outright shitcan it.

Hurry up with SS Tenka on the Box for us Yankees Delaymore and I'll forgive ya.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Damn! Any other links confirming this?
How fucking retarded is that, to announce a game, have a release date, let that date slip, and then outright shitcan it.

Hurry up with SS Tenka on the Box for us Yankees Delaymore and I'll forgive ya.

Gamestop still has it listed and there's no press release from SNKPlaymoreUSA saying it's been canned.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Hook it up with Tenka on 360 plz.

You see as much as I like the music in Samurai Shodown games, I'd love to be able to murderslice while listening to whatever the hell I want.

eb.com doesn't have Rebout listed anymore, but a couple days ago, it was there for a 3/28 release, and Neowave sometime in April. Now it's just Neowave there for a 3/28 release. (and gamestop has Neowave scheduled for 3/21)

So who knows...

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I really hope this isn't the case.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Maybe Playmore is just trying to compete with Nintendo and Working Designs as to who can have the longest delays for a video game....:oh_no:

Of course, who knows what Gamestop and EB are doing with release dates lately. Okami is on EB's site as coming out 5/31, but Gamestop doesn't even have the game listed! Seems odd for what might be the best video game not named Zelda to come out this year...

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
If its about Delays (competition) I think we have to hand it down to Blizzard.

Starcraft Ghost, anyone. heck it was announced since 2001 or somewhere around there. And it was gonna be multiplatform, and now the GCN version got canned.

Sucks about kof 94, hopefully, we'll see it onlive arcade or osmething

Unfortunately, it is true. KOF'94 Rebout got canned.

Here is an e-mail that I wrote to SNK Playmore USA:
Hello,

I just got this e-mail from ebgames.com today, March 8:

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

EBgames.com strives to fill all of the orders that we receive but once in a while a product that is listed as coming soon does not make it onto the shelves. This has happened with an item that you have on order. King Of Fighters 94 Re-Bout XB has been cancelled by the manufacturer and we will be unable to sell it. We have cancelled your order for this item and your credit card will not be charged. If you have other items on your order, those will remain on the order and shipped as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to either reply to this e-mail or give us a call at 877-432-9675.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

EBgames.com Customer Service

Is this true? What is the reason?

Regards,

Charles

And here is a reply that I got from SNK Playmore USA:
True. See explanation on our website.

www.SNKPLAYMOREUSA.com

And this is the only explanation that I found at their website:
KOF '94 Re-bout for Xbox Live
Due to development difficulties this project has been cancelled.

Link here: http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/mb/index.php

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Oh, come on SNKPlaymore! That's the worse possible thing you can do after so many delays. Just devious.

Guess the PStwo import will be more sought-after, now that the Xbox port has been canned. Simply awful.

Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
KOF '94 Re-bout for Xbox Live
Due to development difficulties this project has been cancelled.

Oh well, maybe we'll see it on xbla. Probably not though, they'll run into development difficulties or something. Seriously, how hard is it to port a game like that?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Captain Avatar says, "Send this answer... 'IDIOTS!'"

They should have been focusing on bringing us NBC, Tenka, and KOF XI anyway, while there are still a few people who care... but haven't imported yet. Neowave is another colossal waste of time that is only delaying the important games.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
seriously, this is a company that deserves to go under again. colossal fuck-ups across the globe, King of Fighters '03 still not out in the UK, despite promises of perfect ports, the UK Metal Slug 4 xbox is unoptimised and runs 17% slower than the original game, it's cropped, KOF MI:M Still not out after countless delays, the US re-bout getting cancelled, the JAP Neowave getting delayed right before release (after i'd already paid in full through paypal, fat chance of getting that back) ...who the fuck is running this company? don't give me that 'but they don't have much budget' bullshit, there are plenty of budget / small game companies around the globe that can get there shit out on time. SNKP just seems to like building folks hope up to ruin them time and time again. Well this is the straw that breaks the camel's back,Fuck 'em.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Does SNKP japan has anything to do with it? Isn't all this shit SNK-USA's fault?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
You know Sony won't allow that unless it's a double pack with Neowave.
Yes Plz.
Too bad it won't happen. :(
Guess it's time for a flip top and magic swap disks.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I've had rebout and neowave for a long time

and let me tell you this:

you are not missing out on anything

believe me

I think SSTenka is the only release by SNKP so far worth importing a PS2 for

I guess NGBC would be cool too if those outrageous load times got fixed

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
roker said:
I've had rebout and neowave for a long time

and let me tell you this:

you are not missing out on anything

I agree, which is a surprise since most people here know what a KoF fanboy I am. Mostly I'm interested in them to bring to Neo Geo gatherings or for collectors value. I've played both on PS2, and while I think they're ok, they're really not that great.

KoF XI on the other hand.... :D:buttrock: :chimp:

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Just got the following e-mail from the snkanswerman reguarding why '94 rebout was cancelled.
Sorry. Developed crash bugs.

Pretty short and sweet there. Stinks though.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
The newest OXM featured a review of this game so either:

A) They reviewed an unfinished copy and lied

B) The game is finished and SNKP is making up a reason not to release it

KagerouSama said:
Just got the following e-mail from the snkanswerman reguarding why '94 rebout was cancelled.

Pretty short and sweet there. Stinks though.

Yea, so are they too lazy to fix it or what? Weird.

NeoGeoPlaya

Type s l o w l y 'cause you're dealing with an idi
Even though it is sad to see any SNK game canned, I can believe it. Who would have bought it? Anyone who owns a Neo already has it, and anyone who doesn't probably would rather have the newer versions already available on the box and PS2. Although '94 is one of my very favorites.

I just hope they bring all the new SNK atomiswave stuff to home consoles....

speaking of KoF 94, I'm on the level where you fight against Kyo. Is it possible to beat those 3 dudes? It took me 2 weeks to beat the level with Athena...

~N