mv-1fz to 4 slot conversion

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am interested in changing my 1 slot over to a 4 slot . Besides changing over the harness-(currently a jamma will have to be changed to an MVS) is there anything I need to know? Im fairly new to this but i have a gear head thats a wiz with electronics.

Please help me out with this one.

Thanks

a_bomb

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
You may need to carefully ramp up the output of your psu, as the 4 slot is alot more "hungry" than ordinary jamma boards. Good idea to grab yourself a cheap set of multi-meters if you dont already have them

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Not really... just make sure the power supply is powerful enough.

EDIT: That was in response to the original post, not the one directly above this one. And yeah... you do have to adjust the power supply. I had to turn mine up when I installed my 4-slot.

Last edited:

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
So i shouldnt have to worry too much.

1-Can I use the current harness and make modifications or do i have to get a new one?

2-Im not 100% certain which power supply i have but Im confident that its adjustable. Is there a specific amperage / wattage I should be looking for ?

3-I downloaded the manuals for each mother board from hardMVS respectively to see the differences in them. I know i will have to install a game change button to swap carts but, can I run it without the memory card support,headphone jack and other things trivial? Im pretty sure I wont need them.

4- The last question for now is my cab is mono, will I have to make significant adjustments to it or can i just switch to mono with the new motherboard?

Hope Im not asking too many questions I am still new to this ish.

Thanks for your responses. I wont hesitate to keep asking!:)

a_bomb

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
Im not 100% but im sure that my 4 slot outputs mono through the harness, so no, you wont need to make any adjustments.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Unless it's modded, a 4-slot outputs stereo through the harness.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
wire like this

mvssound.bmp

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
wow the first thing I thought of when I saw the name of this thread was how to make a 4 slot out of a 1 slot. Now that would be quite a project, although I suspect that may be possible?

You would need to duplicate the entire 4 slot top board and then find all the connecting points somewhere on the 1 slot. Probably not possible at all with a 1b, 1c or maybe even 1fz or 1a. Maybe with an mv-1 or mv-1f? It seems like entirely too much work for little return. If I had absolutely nothing else to do and was bored out of my mind I might attempt it. :loco:

I know that a logic gate is needed for each adress line for each slot, but not sure how the bios addresses it. IT would be a ton of work though. Anyone who completed such a task should win some awesome prize pack from the neo store or something, lol.

cheers,
-DT

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
dogtoy said:
wow the first thing I thought of when I saw the name of this thread was how to make a 4 slot out of a 1 slot. Now that would be quite a project, although I suspect that may be possible?

You would need to duplicate the entire 4 slot top board and then find all the connecting points somewhere on the 1 slot. Probably not possible at all with a 1b, 1c or maybe even 1fz or 1a. Maybe with an mv-1 or mv-1f? It seems like entirely too much work for little return. If I had absolutely nothing else to do and was bored out of my mind I might attempt it. :loco:

I know that a logic gate is needed for each adress line for each slot, but not sure how the bios addresses it. IT would be a ton of work though. Anyone who completed such a task should win some awesome prize pack from the neo store or something, lol.

cheers,
-DT

String 4 together on a four-slot and... 16-slot MVS!