Updated! - was Forums going down shortly (3:30 PM East) For Updating

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
The forums will be going down in about 10 minutes for an upgrade. The update should take roughly 15 minutes to install (So, figure 37.5 minutes at least, programmers estimation, multiplied by 2.5, and then you are suppose to add in the marketing scrutiny factor, which does not exist here).

The update has been installed. Trader ratings and chat are gone (for the moment) they will return. Other than that, there are lots of rough edges to clean up which we'll be working on. Any wierdness, post it.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Good luck with it :mr_t:

And don't break it. I might have to go outside or something.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Good luck with the upgrade.

See you all in about half an hour....I hope.

Shawn

snkusa.com
FYI, Mouse_Master will be upgrading the forums to the newest version of VB which is 3.5.4. There will also be modifications to reinstall such as trader ratings and chat, so please bear with us while these upgrades are performed.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Shawn said:
FYI, Mouse_Master will be upgrading the forums to the newest version of VB which is 3.5.4. There will also be modifications to reinstall such as trader ratings and chat, so please bear with us.
LOL no sweat. My landlord is inspecting my house on tuesday, it gives me the excuse to go tidy.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Mouse_Master said:
Other than that, there are lots of rough edges to clean up which we'll be working on. Any wierdness, post it.
Avatars are gone, even though I have them turned on. Sure your ontop of it though, its the first thing you would notice.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Chats gone :(

Don't make me go out into the real world :lol:

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Mawdsley said:
Avatars are gone, even though I have them turned on. Sure your ontop of it though, its the first thing you would notice.

Yeah, its wierd, they work in the war room.....

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've noticed some other current VB boards have an arcade tab at the top where members can compete etc.

I think that would be cool.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I get a message saying we can't upload animated *.gifs as avatars.
That's my only observation thus far. And I was gonna' change my avatar for the new forums too...

BTW, I was linking from Photobucket, So I don't really see what the problem was.
Ah, well.

Last edited:

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Mawdsley said:
LOL no sweat. My landlord is inspecting my house on tuesday, it gives me the excuse to go tidy.
I should really go tidy.

Forgot to say thanks for the hardwork btw.
cheers.gif

PS. This admin control panel and mod forum look interesting.

PPS. Gotcha!

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
KagerouSama said:
I get a message saying we can't upload animated *.gifs as avatars.
That's my only observation thus far. And I was gonna' change my avatar for the new forums too...

Personally, I don't think animated avatars should be permitted. Too distracting.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Not sure if its just me (mozilla firefox 1.5.0.1), but when viewing a forum or performing a search (new posts) the search link at the top has no effect, clicking it neither takes me to a page, or shows the search box.

When viewing the forum index or viewing a thread, it works.

EDIT: Little more playing round. In IE, when attempting to view a forum or a search page, I get the following (which must be hampering the search javascript).
error.gif

Last edited:

2point0

NEST Puppet
The new feedback features are nice. However, the system won't let you leave any feedback without the "additional comments" sections filled in with at least 10 characters.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Eh, dont really like the new look. The "reply" and "quote" buttons look like there copied and pasted into the windows, but im sure, technically, everythings for the better.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Chat 'appears' to work....

I don't like where Trader Ratings dumps you either, I liked the general summary, I will look into that more next week.....

The buttons will slowly be replaced, VB requires use to replace them when we update, the old ones are backed up.....

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
hey mm
nice to see you oot and aboot.
how's life?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
The buttons on top of the reply box and smilies don't work for me, I guess they will do soon...

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Ahh that exlpains why I had rather large icons for where the threads are posted, they were like double the size they are now :spock: They seem to be sorted now, I think the trader icons are slightly different still though.

Hope the updates do the job though :buttrock:

H

hermegildo

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the edit button works differently now.

Good job.

:buttrock: