Yet another Metal Slug 6 gameplay video

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
After watching that, I’d say I’m slightly more optimistic about this release than I was, which still isn’t much.

Asterisk> I’ll bet you anything that blood isn’t even ulockable...

Josh

Banned
Nice video, I couldn't get any sound, but that was cool they were letting them film it right in front of that SEGA desk. The levels looked pretty damn fun.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Coolest part of that video is Clark's "King of Fighters" style win-pose when he beats the boss with the drill bit.
Looks like they did add some new stuff to the game, but I have mixed feelings. Just me or does it seem to play much faster and seem easier than previous Slugs? Granted you only see snippets, but it didn't seem all that hard.

Josh

Banned
talks2wall said:
Coolest part of that video is Clark's "King of Fighters" style win-pose when he beats the boss with the drill bit.
Looks like they did add some new stuff to the game, but I have mixed feelings. Just me or does it seem to play much faster and seem easier than previous Slugs? Granted you only see snippets, but it didn't seem all that hard.

Yeah it did seem like somewhat of a rampage. It's probably just because the player put it on easy. This option of easy or hard at the beginning of the game is a new thing, I wonder if it makes a huge difference or not. That "Rush blaster meter" is a nice addition. :D

jajaja

n00b
I always liked Metal Slug, but after checking the video it doesnt look like it have much new stuff (except the levels). Anyone know if its set a retail price for it? And will it be JAP only?

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Fuck videos, I PLAYED THAT TODAY HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

It's good.

Ralf and MOTHER FUCKING CLARK ARE IN THE GAME, RALF EVEN DID HIS WIN POSE FROM KOF AFTER I BEAT A STAGE.

It's cool.

um I was playin on easy mode so every time I got shot I would get back up but then another shot would kill me hahahaha.

It's a great game.

ray_7

ralf and clark is enough reason to own this game.:glee:

nice video btw, thanks.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Oh yeah no blood or exploding guys in this one.

I don't mind.

I DO MIND IN SAMURAI SHODOWN HOWEVER. Different topic though.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Great, but seen as I've completed the game it can't really show me much :smirk:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
ralf and clark is enough reason to own this game.:glee:

nice video btw, thanks.

Ditto, after seeing that I now really, really, really want to get my hands on this game

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
For those who care about the series;

Metal Slug Evolution, or Metal Slug 3D, is set to be released on May 25th, 2006.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
enomosiki said:
For those who care about shitty games;

Metal Slug Evolution, or Metal Slug 3D, is set to be released on May 25th, 2006.
Fixed...

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
zer0hue said:
enomosiki said:
For those who care about the series;

Fixed...

Am I the only one that has faith in MSE in the entire Neo Geo community here? If so, that's just so fucking sad.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
enomosiki said:
Am I the only one that has faith in MSE in the entire Neo Geo community here? If so, that's just so fucking sad.
No, taking some of the greatest games ever programmed and pissing all over their legacy, that’s sad. That probably goes for Metal Slug 6 as well, but I’m still holding off judgement on that until I get a chance to play it. As for the super-deformed, super-ridiculous nonsense of a 3D Metal Slug, I’d rather go play Castlevania 64 than subject myself to such a loathsome monstrosity...

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
zer0hue said:
No, taking some of the greatest games ever programmed and pissing all over their legacy, that’s sad. That probably goes for Metal Slug 6 as well, but I’m still holding off judgement on that until I get a chance to play it. As for the super-deformed, super-ridiculous nonsense of a 3D Metal Slug, I’d rather go play Castlevania 64 than subject myself to such a loathsome monstrosity...

Some of the greatest games ever programmed?

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
just played it like an hour ago, im not a hardcore fan of the series but ive always liked the games. from that viewpoint it was a fun game (although it was on easy), nicely rendered backgrounds, they looked smoother and generally better than MS5, i could compare cause the cabs were right beside eachother. bosses were cool, and big, the 2nd stage boss kicked my ass, kinda reminded me of the final form of the mother brain from super metroid. anyways ill definitely be dropping some more coins into this one!