It is NOW official: Playmore is making me eat a big bowl of crow...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
....named Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi.

The feel, the music, the new sprites, the blazing color...
It feels awesome. I'm playing it and loving it.
Wan-Fu's sprite alone makes me want to weep like a schoolgirl after her first orgasm.

The haters are fucking retarded.

After I'm done exalting Playmore for this release, I'm gonna go out and vote Republican, and ice skate on hell's frozen shores.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Sounds good,

How are you playing it? Arcade? PS2? If your playing a import on PS2, how are you doing it? :spock:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Man, I really want this game, but have no one to play it with.

Wish this would come to Xbox with some Live support (and no lag).

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
SeaWolf69 said:
Sounds good,

How are you playing it? Arcade? PS2? If your playing a import on PS2, how are you doing it? :spock:

PS2, import unit.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
another testament

the game is awesome

it's probably the best effort by Playmore so far

:buttrock:

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Haven't had too much time to play my copy the last few weeks. I will admit that this beats NGBC just by a little as far as Playmore's best release on the new hardware. It's good stuff minus the blood and fatalites. Everyone should definately check it out.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Not trying to support one way or the other, I think that too many poorly judge a playmore game simply because it's playmore, I haven't seen this game yet but I will keep an open mind.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Even though the ports are rather poor, samsho tenkaichi AND ngbc are both excellent, fun 2d fighters. Gonna get the aw editions soon enough.

Matt

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
YES!!!!!

This game is amazing. Loving every second. KOF XI is a lot of fun too, so when that comes out on ps2 we'll have even more SNKplaymore loving to do. So nice to see them putting out good games.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I don't get to play this game often, but when I do I have a lot of fun.

Too bad Kazuki got nerfed.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I dont like playmore as much as the old snk, but I'm sure this game will kick ass. My friends know how tough I can be on games, and they assume I'll dig this game. I really was surprised at how much I enjoyed NGBC, kyo's new air rdp+k is hilariously cheap, still a good game.

JLoZeppelie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
roker said:
another testament

the game is awesome

it's probably the best effort by Playmore so far

Yeah, i totally agree, especially compared to the sucker ko xi

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Can't wait to check this out :drool_2:
Especially after being mildly disappointed with the XBox release of Samsho5. Finally, Tenkaichi is the game we've been waiting for :multi_co:

How was Kazuki nerfed? Maybe there are new strategies for him that will make him still a viable character (using a certain Style etc.)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
gotta get this one when i get back. I love the SS series especially the new engine that started at 3

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
Kazuki is one of the top characters in the game without a doubt. He can punish you really badly using the A+B combo.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
More impressions:

One can actually enjoy playing as Yoshitora now. He doesn't do nearly the same kind of repulsive damage he did in SSV. Even the super-duper ultra-mega standing fierce slash doesn't own the fucking world the way it used to. Good job Playmore.

I haven't seen anything really cheesy yet...although I think a lot of the lamer characters could have been eliminated just to pare down the enormous roster of selectable folks. I could have done with Sankuro, Raesetsumaru, Rera and some of the other weird clone characters...this game almost has a Tekken carnival like roster of folks with all the variations on one character or another.

Wan-Fu blows me the fuck away though...so well done. The backgrounds are actually really nice...probably the best of their type since CVS1. Tons of color. It's a good thing.

Anyone know if Kuroko is selectable? I'd also like to know what the arcade layout is like so I can mimick it in the setup...also, what button command is used for grabbing the items? I hate having a specific button for all that shit at home, and I know the Atomiswave setup only has five buttons, so there has to be a button combination for that instead of having a separately mapped button on the PS2.

I figure people that want to bitch about the game have the other thread, and this one can be for people genuinely interested about the game and have info to share.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I gotta say its pretty damn fun. I played this with Loopz and Chunky Lover 53 last night and we had a great time. The charicter roster alone is insane.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I think the arcade set-up is:
A B C
D _ E

To throw items is A+D.

And Kuroko is selectable after you beat the game with something like 33 Characters. And people have been saying that you need to beat it with Nicotine, Wan-fu and the rest of the redone SS2 crew. But that isn't confirmed. To select him you have to hold start and pick anyone.

Loopz said:
More impressions:

One can actually enjoy playing as Yoshitora now. He doesn't do nearly the same kind of repulsive damage he did in SSV. Even the super-duper ultra-mega standing fierce slash doesn't own the fucking world the way it used to. Good job Playmore.

I haven't seen anything really cheesy yet...although I think a lot of the lamer characters could have been eliminated just to pare down the enormous roster of selectable folks. I could have done with Sankuro, Raesetsumaru, Rera and some of the other weird clone characters...this game almost has a Tekken carnival like roster of folks with all the variations on one character or another.

Wan-Fu blows me the fuck away though...so well done. The backgrounds are actually really nice...probably the best of their type since CVS1. Tons of color. It's a good thing.

Anyone know if Kuroko is selectable? I'd also like to know what the arcade layout is like so I can mimick it in the setup...also, what button command is used for grabbing the items? I hate having a specific button for all that shit at home, and I know the Atomiswave setup only has five buttons, so there has to be a button combination for that instead of having a separately mapped button on the PS2.

I figure people that want to bitch about the game have the other thread, and this one can be for people genuinely interested about the game and have info to share.

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Mr.Nemoperson said:
I think the arcade set-up is:
A B C
D _ E

To throw items is A+D.

And Kuroko is selectable after you beat the game with something like 33 Characters. And people have been saying that you need to beat it with Nicotine, Wan-fu and the rest of the redone SS2 crew. But that isn't confirmed. To select him you have to hold start and pick anyone.

Thanks for the info!

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
SS Tenka, NGBC, and KOF XI = SNK Playmore triilogy of AWESOMENESS

Tenka rocks so much and is the best SS game to date. This is one game with haters that are flat out crazy. :P

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lyte Edge said:

How has that game been recieved thus far?
From what i have seen (pics & videos) it looks extremily tight & polished.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Chunky Lover 53 said:
If Im jagged then your jaded. (It did'nt take you long did it) ;)

The Bill O'Donoghue rant again? Kneega preese.
The jaded Loopz bit the dust when he started getting proper blowjobs in 2004.

PS- Call me jaded again and I'll squeal to Circuit City's bounty hunters about where you live, they've had a pipe bomb with your name on it for quite some time.