Atomiswave has no sound.......

ninja maestro

World Soccer '96
OK, its not my supergun cos all other boards function fine sound-wise, however I do have scart pins 2 and 6 wired to pin 10 onthe jamma connector. Its also nothing to do with the atomiswave options as the sound is on level 15 and I have tried both stereo and mono, as well as adjusting the volume dial.

As im quite new to the atomiswave scene, is it maybe that you can only get sound from wiring to the CN3 connector?

Please help me, neowave is not as fun with no sound... :crying:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Sound only from the CN3 connector? Obviously not, the more so since the sound pins on the Jamma connector (10 and L) are the same as the stereo left speaker pins on the CN3 connector (1 and 3).
Jamma 10 to scart 2 and 6 is correct. Check your wiring again and again to find out what's wrong as with that video problem you had a few days ago...

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
You'll find that for Atomiswave when pulling sound through JAMMA that you in fact need to use pin 11, which is mono audio.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
You'll find that for Atomiswave when pulling sound through JAMMA that you in fact need to use pin 11, which is mono audio.

Pin 11 is unamplified mono. A lot of jamma boards and even MVS multi-slots have that. You can use it but you don't have to. Actually the output is often too quiet. From reading your post he might get the idea that his getting no sound from pin 10 is normal, which is not.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
MKL said:
Pin 11 is unamplified mono. A lot of jamma boards and even MVS multi-slots have that. You can use it but you don't have to. Actually the output is often too quiet. From reading your post he might get the idea that his getting no sound from pin 10 is normal, which is not.
True, but pulling the audio from 11 for AWave is fine without amplification since most people will consider using attenuation anyway. Yes, I still hear audio from pin 10, but it is not the same as it is from say MVS.