Its BEEN official: Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi sucks ass!

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Wow what a let-down this steaming pile of poop is. The new characters are lame. There's no blood. The load times blow chunks. The old characters have recycled animations. I was so excited by this game, just to get let down by gaymore, yet again. Shit, I'll be sticking with SSVS.

Btw, my hatred towards this game is based off of the PS2 version. Maybe (yeah right) its better for the atomiswave, but highly doubted. This game really reminds me of SNK vs Capcom, recycled sprites, crappy new special effects and lame backgrounds.

By far the worst samurai shodown yet, thanks Delaymore.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wow, why isn't this in News & Rumors?

edit: well, someone's in a playful mood.

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lets be honest here though Bill. Aren't you the one who thinks that SSVS is the neo's best fighter, let alone it's best game period?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I'm not much of a fan of SSV, but I've only played the Xbox port.

I was looking forward to this one. Guess I'll just have to see for myself.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
This game is bad ass, keep playing noob.

Just cuz I dont' have 1000+ games doesn't by a long shot mean I'm a n00b when it comes to the neo*geo. Granted SSVS isnt' the best game ever, but it is by far the best Samurai Shodown. The newest SS just blows. It doesn't hold up to the hype at all.

Not to mention, no violence. What the shit is that??

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Lets be honest here though Bill. Aren't you the one who thinks that SSVS is the neo's best fighter, let alone it's best game period?

Let me correct myself, SSVS is the Neo's best sword fighter. Garou is the best neogeo fighter, period.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
billd420 said:
Let me correct myself, SSVS is the Neo's best sword fighter. Garou is the best neogeo fighter, period.
this statement, like the whole of this thread, is purely opinion and hardly anything that could be considered "Official"...

nothing wrong with that, but let's call it what it is, hm?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Kazuki Dash said:
this statement, like the whole of this thread, is purely opinion and hardly anything that could be considered "Official"...

nothing wrong with that, but let's call it what it is, hm?

Not the general consensus?

SSII > SSIV > All other SS games. But hey, it's all opinion. ;)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
had the most fun playing this in the arcade, its my favourite samsho.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Yeah the "best" or "worst" game theories are all personal opinion. My opinion of this SS may be a bit different if I had the oppertunity to check it on an Atomiwave, but the PS2 version is just so mediocre it makes me sick. If only there were an Atomiswave machine (shit or even a decent arcade) in CT. Boy I'm glad I didn't shell out for a Mobo and this game, I woulda been really poor and uber pissed.

Those that have plaed the AW version: are there long load times like on the PS2?

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
billd420 said:
Yeah the "best" or "worst" game theories are all personal opinion. My opinion of this SS may be a bit different if I had the oppertunity to check it on an Atomiwave, but the PS2 version is just so mediocre it makes me sick. If only there were an Atomiswave machine (shit or even a decent arcade) in CT. Boy I'm glad I didn't shell out for a Mobo and this game, I woulda been really poor and uber pissed.

Those that have plaed the AW version: are there long load times like on the PS2?

NO, not as long
this game is great
I love playin it at A-I!!

Who gives a rats ass about no blood.
It's fun to play against others.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
billd420 said:
Just cuz I dont' have 1000+ games doesn't by a long shot mean I'm a n00b when it comes to the neo*geo. Granted SSVS isnt' the best game ever, but it is by far the best Samurai Shodown. The newest SS just blows. It doesn't hold up to the hype at all.

Not to mention, no violence. What the shit is that??

Sorry man, I haven't played SS Tenka, and I am enjoying SSV on the Box, but you've gotta be out of your fucking mind to think ANYTHING Playmore has done is better than SSII.

I've read a hell of a lot more detailed thoughts on SST, and one man's ranting about the usual doesn't hold much water. You want to actually go into detail? The fact that you brought up the lack of blood alone puts you in the dunce pool with Abster.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Tenka is a disgrace to the series IMO just for the simple fact that the sprites & BG's are not improved over III and they feel too comfortable censoring blood and fatalities.
I'm a big boy,I can handle the violence! It's not like SNKP is giving away the game. They don't even give you a secret option to unlock the violence yet ROCKSTAR can leave Coffee Break in their code to be accessed.
Andrew's sprite design is sooo weak IMO it's beyond belief. It would have been really cool if they modeled him after a colonial soldier with a tricorn hat.

-BB

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
billd420 said:

I disagree. IMHO, SSVS is the worst SS, and Garou is not the best neogeo, I think one of the KOF games is (don't feel like opening that can of worms though).

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
billd420 said:
Wow what a let-down this steaming pile of poop is. The new characters are lame. There's no blood. The load times blow chunks. The old characters have recycled animations. I was so excited by this game, just to get let down by gaymore, yet again. Shit, I'll be sticking with SSVS.

Btw, my hatred towards this game is based off of the PS2 version. Maybe (yeah right) its better for the atomiswave, but highly doubted. This game really reminds me of SNK vs Capcom, recycled sprites, crappy new special effects and lame backgrounds.

By far the worst samurai shodown yet, thanks Delaymore.

CAN I BUY YOURS???? im looking for one. pm me

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
look

if we had to compare every SS to SSII, we'd never find anything greater, let alone an equal

SST has good gameplay

it flows seemlessly, a breath of fresh air the series needed gameplay-wise

it's a damn shame the blood and dark nature of the series is gone, but the gameplay is rock solid

the sprites don't look half-bad either

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Give the game some more time. I'm guessing it's pretty spot on with the Atomiswave version except maybe a lil bit longer of load times. And, this really doesn't belong in news and rumors, you should've posted in the other ss tenka thread.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
BIG BEAR said:
Tenka is a disgrace to the series IMO just for the simple fact that the sprites & BG's are not improved over III and they feel too comfortable censoring blood and fatalities.

I forgot this was NEO-GEO.com. The place where hardcore gamers judge fighting games by their backgrounds...

:shame: