Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden guidebook 02/10/2006!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
yes,but it's for the playstation 2 port :annoyed:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's pretty rare to find a mook for a game that was not released on a home system. Only one I can think of is Samurai Spirits 64.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Fran said:
yes,but it's for the playstation 2 port :annoyed:
Yeah, but in this day and age, I'll take my SamSpi kouryakubon any way I can.
wasabi said:
It's pretty rare to find a mook for a game that was not released on a home system.
Which is why I was so disappointed we never saw a guidebook for SamSpi Zero / SamSho V -- I figured we'd be sure to get one once it was ported to PS2. Hopefully the sales on this Tenkaichi guide will be good -- perhaps it'll convince the powers that be to put out a guidebook for Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku ~Bon'nou Kaihou~ (the PS2 Matrimelee port/upgrade).

--Chris

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Was there ever one made for Samurai Shodown V Special?

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Dinodoedoe said:
Was there ever one made for Samurai Shodown V Special?
Nope -- I've never seen anything on a guidebook for either Zero/V or Special.

--Chris

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Dash no Chris said:
Nope -- I've never seen anything on a guidebook for either Zero/V or Special.

--Chris

like youdd need one.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
MUSOLINI said:
like youdd need one.
Heh. It's not a matter of "need" -- whether or not it's a game I own or even play, if there's a Japanese guidebook for a fighting game, it's purchase is a "must" for me. My library compels me, and its will cannot be denied. :p

--Chris

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
SNK Playmore's website has a listing for the Tenkaichi guidebook up, with images of the front cover and 2 character design pages.

--Chris

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Dash no Chris said:
Not for anyone outside Las Vegas

crying.gif

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
with images of the front cover and 2 character design pages
...and is that a link to Amazon.jp I spy? Heh, I can do that, the buttons are in the same place as the ones for the US Amazon. ;)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Their express shipping option is expensive, but fast as hell, got that in 2 days. :) Now then...

There are sections for all the main characters of course. The hidden characters that get equal treatment are:
Bust Galford, Gaira with hair, Poppy/Mamehaha tag team, Poppy alone, Chample, Cham Cham's monkey, and Kuroko. There are a few mini-sections after that that are for other ex characters.

There is also a short art section in the back with concept drawings for the new additions. I REALLY think that Iroha's first concept art fit the character way better than the finished product. :( Maybe SNK couldn't animate it the way they wanted to.

irohacon.JPG

Last edited:

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Kampfflieger said:
I haven't played SS6 yet, but, it's like SS4, or like the ugly SS5??

You mean "the awful SS4 or the pretty good SS5", i assume. Because noone with a brain prefers the shitty gameplay of 4 over 5.

JLoZeppelie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
neojedi said:
Their express shipping option is expensive, but fast as hell, got that in 2 days. :) Now then...

There are sections for all the main characters of course. The hidden characters that get equal treatment are:
Bust Galford, Gaira with hair, Poppy/Mamehaha tag team, Poppy alone, Chample, Cham Cham's monkey, and Kuroko. There are a few mini-sections after that that are for other ex characters.

There is also a short art section in the back with concept drawings for the new additions. I REALLY think that Iroha's first concept art fit the character way better than the finished product. :( Maybe SNK couldn't animate it the way they wanted to.

irohacon.JPG

You have TOTALLY right my buddy, she's MUCH better in the sketch :drool: